Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2013, 06:18 PM

97 posts, read 145,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
I suspect that some of the posters to this thread...well just one...live a very sheltered life. They are also under the illusion that because they know everyone's life experience they are right and everyone else is wrong.
Stop Common sense is not allowed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2013, 06:55 PM

19,027 posts, read 13,937,683 times
If you haven't learned that the definition of the word Logic is "anything Sobroguy says", than you haven't been participating in this forum for long.

Old 12-08-2013, 09:40 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,370,266 times
So the once in a hundred year hurricane that hits NY is the reason to have guns? That's exactly my point..everyone is scared of the thing that is least likely to happen, the boogieman, in order to justify guns guns everywhere guns! Let's not forget...the alien invasion is coming so you need guns...also the apocalypse in 2012..oh wait..that never happened.

This American paranoid condition about ridiculous scenarios in order to justify gun ownership is truly fascinating and pervasive. You know what Hurricane Sandy victims ACTUALLY needed....it wasn't guns..it was FLOOD INSURANCE! But hey..that would be logical...

Old 12-08-2013, 10:05 AM

2,894 posts, read 5,904,476 times
America's obsession with guns is just fascinating.
I wonder how the rest of the developed world manages to sleep sound at night without packing a gun.
I wonder why they have far less gun-related deaths than we do, or why they don't have mass shootings as frequently as we do.

Maybe they sleep with a kitchen knife under their pillow? Because as Americans we know that everyone needs a weapon to feel safe, amiright?

Old 12-08-2013, 10:07 AM

106,566 posts, read 108,713,667 times
they just use bombs,knives and poison gas .

actually britain has few guns and leads the developed world in violent crimes if you look at other countries besides us..

http://warnewsupdates.blogspot.com/2...ent-crime.html

Old 12-08-2013, 10:13 AM

5,000 posts, read 8,212,921 times
I admittedly don't know if William Petit was a gun owner pre-2007. And no, one would not have necessarily saved his family's lives in that situation...but it might have.

So again, enough with the alien invasion bs, Sobro. Nobody but you has brought such absurd circumstances up...

Old 12-08-2013, 10:20 AM

19,027 posts, read 13,937,683 times
I'm going to start reloading my own bullets. The more I read, the more it sounds like a rewarding hobby to enjoy. As an added bonus, it will anger the libs because they won't be able to track how many bullets I have.

Old 12-08-2013, 10:21 AM

We cannot say that they lead the world in violent crime, because so many countries have no idea how much violent crime they have...they are too poor, there is no valid government, and/or too much corruption to actually know much of anything.

But this is all way off topic. Americans have a uniquely paranoid condition, an overwhelming paralyzing fear of an unknown, hypothetical, end of the world/superhero vision of crime and gun ownership....it's quite fascinating...particularly because 99% of the country will never experience a violent crime that requires a gun!

If you listen to some of the paranoid delusions, I mean justifications, for gun ownership, you would think we live in some sort of war zone, replete with roving gangs of well armed militias attacking people constantly. Or you hear the once in a never excuse, I mean justification, of owning a gun, like that 100 year hurricane. Or you know..I saw on the news someone was shot at a gas station, therefore you must carry a gun everywhere, all the time, otherwise you will be shot to death. These people always come to the wrong conclusions...it's not that there are too many guns in our society..or that Americans have a problem with guns....no sir..it's that this victim should have had a gun too! Lol. It's really a fascinating mindset....and what makes it more interesting is that the things that are actually dangerous, and deadly in our society and affect almost everyone in this country, like say alcohol, cars, are not addressed at all!

Truly fascinating indeed.

Airborne: I am not a liberal..I just live in a world where 99% of us do in America...where we will never need to pull a gun, or our children will never need to pull a gun. You can enjoy your gun...and reloading it, and talking to it, and taking it out for romantic dates....it is literally your savior afterall, 7x over. I just use my brain...don't need a gun.

Old 12-08-2013, 10:24 AM

5,000 posts, read 8,212,921 times
A legitimate question for you Sobro...are you against hunting?

Old 12-08-2013, 10:31 AM

Oh wait..I was being verbose again..darn it! I am not against hunting for food as everyone needs to eat, and for sanctioned culling. However that does not require an AK47...the types of guns used for these activities matter. However I am against hunting for fun...for the "sport" of killing things...to hang a dead carcass or head on your wall, etc.

And that was a legitimate answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City