U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2013, 02:39 PM

88 posts, read 294,947 times

Advertisements

http://www.nyc.gov/html/hpd/download...8th-street.pdf

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if any one who applied for the above development has heard anything. I am aware they are currently in the tenant selection process, so if anyone has any info it would be greatly appreciated. These are one of the few developments that my family qualifies for because of composition and income so we hope we get picked for one of these because we're bursting out the seams where we currently are.

Thanks in advanced.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2013, 08:02 PM

21 posts, read 102,234 times
I applied but haven't heard anything yet... But my log number is pretty high. I'm hoping I get a call for at least one out of the three lotteries I applied for.

Old 12-15-2013, 01:49 PM

Hi nynj15 and thanks for replying.

How did you find out your log number? My husband applied through housing connect and there is a number under the log # column, that number is 47,083, but we think that's the total number of applications submitted. At least we hope it is, otherwise our chances are slim.

Is that the same number you have?

I really wished applicants were kept informed on how far along the process is. I live in the same community board and pass by the building regularly, it's almost finished. There are some pics on line of the interiors and although small they look very nice.

Manhattan Apartment Pictures, Apartment Photos | AVA High Line

Good luck to you. I will keep posting updates if I hear anything.

Old 12-15-2013, 04:38 PM

21 posts, read 102,234 times
I applied on housing connect as well.. My number is in the 46,000's so we're both pretty high up there. Everyone has a different number. I'm pretty sure there were at least 100,000 applications submitted since its a very popular neighborhood but since you live in the same community you may have a better chance. The wait is really long but I'm trying to stay positive! Good luck to you !

Last edited by NYNJ15; 12-15-2013 at 05:09 PM..

Old 12-16-2013, 01:11 AM

32 posts, read 100,561 times
I applied via regular mail and haven't heard anything.

what made me nervous about applying through housing connect is that they don't ask for your assets. My assets put me in a different tier, so I wasn't sure how that would work via housing connect...

but it's nice that you got to know your log number immediately...!

Old 12-16-2013, 08:52 AM

16 posts, read 40,932 times
I've applied and my log# is in the low 1000's. With about 144 apartments available, what would my chances be?

Old 12-16-2013, 08:47 PM

4 posts, read 30,985 times
I applied through the web site and received a random selection letter. Log # is 38000s. The next step is prescreening income and disability verification (for me).

I calculated my income based on last year. My income was lower this year since I took time off work (unpaid) to care for a terminally ill parent, and will be lower next year because of job cuts. However, I received a death/retirement benefit that is now my retirement fund, so this adds a percentage due to assets. They tend to average income over three years, and the 12/30 income screening deadline won't include 2013 taxes or next year's income.

I'm karmic about it. I could stay where I am if it falls through and apply for other options later. Keeping my fingers crossed for myself, but even more for those of you who absolutely need housing!

The building on 30th is fully affordable, so I'm surprised that I got a letter for 28th st 80/20 but not 30th. I applied for both.

Old 12-16-2013, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnKastophie View Post
I've applied and my log# is in the low 1000's. With about 144 apartments available, what would my chances be?
I am not sure how the tenant selection process works. I always assumed that applications were assigned numbers randomly and then called in ascending order. If I am correct you'll probably get a chance at an interview if apartments are still available by the time they get to your application. I thought the lower the log number the better the chances, but as DeafNYC mentioned, his/her log number is in the 38000's and a his/her application has been chosen for the next step in the process. Unless he/she has some type of special preference.

Good luck to everyone and if not chosen, there will be plenty of more developments in the near future like Hunter's Point South, Atlantic Yards B2 and many more years from now, Greenpoint Landing, Willets Point, Domino Sugar Factory, Essex Crossing. With all these units at some point we'll hopefully hit the jackpot.

Old 12-20-2013, 09:06 AM

54 posts, read 196,539 times
Hey
I applied and recieved a letter yesterday saying my family's income is below the program minimum. I will be appealing and sending out my later today.
My log # is in the 12, 000's.

Old 12-20-2013, 09:33 AM

343 posts, read 941,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissUpperEastSide View Post
Hey
I applied and recieved a letter yesterday saying my family's income is below the program minimum. I will be appealing and sending out my later today.
My log # is in the 12, 000's.

you submitted your documents and they determined that, or did they just determine that based on your initial application?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City