Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2013, 04:16 AM

9,247 posts, read 24,073,586 times

Advertisements

Latest evidence of violent activity by Hasidic gangs:

Black fashion student says Hasidic men attacked him, shouted anti-gay slurs in Williamsburg - NY Daily News

"A black fashion student says he was brutally attacked by a gang of Hasidic men who shouted anti-gay slurs at him while he was walking through Williamsburg after a night of partying, the Daily News has learned……...

"The New York City College of Technology student left for a fun night out with friends, and returned with a broken eye socket, a torn retina, blood clotting, and cuts and bruises to his knee and ankles."

Dude was walking home by himself,minding his own business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2013, 06:01 AM

4,198 posts, read 4,082,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
I don't believe his story for a second.

Old 12-10-2013, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjsxx View Post
I don't believe his story for a second.
I don't know.Evidently the attack was so vicious that it led a bus driver to stop her bus and get out to intervene.She says the alone victim was completely surrounded by the group of Hasids beating the crap out of him.

Why do you not believe his story ? As someone who used to live in Williamsburg,I do.The Hasids have block vigilantes that challenge people for no real reason other than their notion that the person doesn't belong there. They have also been known to attack people on bicycles and people "dressed inappropriately. "

Old 12-10-2013, 06:20 AM

1,058 posts, read 1,992,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingwhite View Post
Hello! I'm new to the city, originally hailing from a small rural town in the mid-west. As you might've already guessed, this means I've next to no experience with dealing with minorities. I've done my research though and have seen and heard that minority-dominated areas tend to be gang and crime infested and very hostile to whites, i-e "not good areas."

Does this apply to Jewish areas? I'm thinking of moving either Williamsburg or Boro Park due to the prices, but I'm kind of afraid that like other minority areas such as black and hispanic ones, they're not safe. What do I have to watch out for in these areas? I see a lot of men with beards and dressed in all black, does that signify their gang? What are the Jewish gangs I should be aware of? Is there a lot of crime? Are they hostile to gentiles?

Please help, any advice would be appreciated. I don't want to move into someplace like Harlem or Compton.

The only time that these areas become unsafe is when some bigot moves in with no sense of reality. New York is a minority majority city and if your irrational fear can not be overcome I am not sure this is the best place for you to move.

Old 12-10-2013, 06:52 AM

10,786 posts, read 11,312,562 times
Quote:
"A black fashion student……..."

"The New York City College of Technology student.........."
Who goes to City Tech to study fashion?

Old 12-10-2013, 06:56 AM

257 posts, read 684,836 times
Quote:
Latest evidence of violent activity by Hasidic gangs:

Black fashion student says Hasidic men attacked him, shouted anti-gay slurs in Williamsburg - NY Daily News

"A black fashion student says he was brutally attacked by a gang of Hasidic men who shouted anti-gay slurs at him while he was walking through Williamsburg after a night of partying, the Daily News has learned……...

"The New York City College of Technology student left for a fun night out with friends, and returned with a broken eye socket, a torn retina, blood clotting, and cuts and bruises to his knee and ankles."

Dude was walking home by himself,minding his own business.
LOLs for days! Can this story be more Ridunculous? This dude was so messed up on booze and drugs he doesnt remember what/where but can recall what was said? I see Al Sharpton taking up this case. Tawana Brawley anyone? I hope even scumbag like Sharpton learned his lessons and can smell &^&%* that this story is.

Old 12-10-2013, 07:47 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,069,384 times
Why would anyone doubt that Orthodox Jews can be vicious homophobic racist bigots?

Old 12-10-2013, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasha7 View Post
LOLs for days! Can this story be more Ridunculous? This dude was so messed up on booze and drugs he doesnt remember what/where but can recall what was said? I see Al Sharpton taking up this case. Tawana Brawley anyone? I hope even scumbag like Sharpton learned his lessons and can smell &^&%* that this story is.
The apparent vigilantism aspect reminds me more of the Trayvon Martin case.The gang of perpetrators were not cops, so regardless of his state of sobriety he was under no obligation to co operate with them in any way.Haven't seen or heard yet of any claims that he had committed any crime,only that he became unruly and didn't "co -operate" with the Hasids when they approached him.At least there is a witness,the bus driver who stopped to help him.We'll see if any other facts come out.Hasidic neighborhood vigilantes(shomrim) are a pretty well known phenomenon.It's certainly not the first time someone has been attacked by them in one of "their" neighborhoods for non conformance.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.1531138

http://gothamist.com/2011/05/04/hasi...msburg_war.php

http://failedmessiah.typepad.com/fai...sburg-456.html

Last edited by bluedog2; 12-10-2013 at 08:05 AM..

Old 12-10-2013, 08:05 AM

257 posts, read 684,836 times
Sorry I dont buy this story for a second. It took him DAYS to remember what Happened? How messed was he? Come on now. He was F&*(^ up, got into some sort of situation somewhere, maybe fell, who knows. Probably fell or was peeing or sleeping there and these men surrounded him. Not for a second I believe that they did this to him no matter what he did. No way no how. This is the best they could come up with? Laughable. Even for Daily news.

Old 12-10-2013, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasha7 View Post
Sorry I dont buy this story for a second. It took him DAYS to remember what Happened? How messed was he? Come on now. He was F&*(^ up, got into some sort of situation somewhere, maybe fell, who knows. Probably fell or was peeing or sleeping there and these men surrounded him. Not for a second I believe that they did this to him no matter what he did. No way no how. This is the best they could come up with? Laughable. Even for Daily news.
But the bus driver saw them beating him,stopped her bus to brake it up.

http://beforeitsnews.com/religion/20...m-2460098.html

"A member of the ultra-Orthodox Jewish vigilante group called Shomrim Patrol, is accused of yelling “Kill him, he’s a f**king Muslim,” at a Christian man, according to a report in the New York Post.

“I hope you die, you son of a b***h,'' one of the Shomrim Patrol men told David Flores, 37, before he began shooting his gun in self defense.

Flores, who is Christian, but thinks that the vigilantes of the Borough Park Shomrim Patrol mistook his religion because he was wearing a little knitted cap, was shot in the left arm.

Flores, a Brooklyn native who now lives in Pennsylvania, said he was just driving from his childhood home to a nearby bakery to buy some pastries, when a van stopped in front of him."

A mob of about 20 Hasidic men quickly surrounded his car, began to beat the windows and kicking the doors, while one Shomrim member brandished a black gun, Flores said."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City