U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2013, 05:09 PM

4,799 posts, read 5,992,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
The hasids in Williamsburg and "their" other areas have their own neighborhood vigilantes aka Shomrim, who have always bullied "outsiders" for non conformance of dress,mode of transportation,color of skin or any other perceived threat,real or imagined.They have been known to confront non hasidic women for "immodesty",bicyclists for riding bikes,etc.

There are numerous news stories and videos on the internet documenting their bullying.

I lived in Williamsburg for many years and am well aware of their thuggish behavior.This inebriated guy probably made the mistake of pissing someplace while he was waking home in Williamsburg and they descended on him en mass,which is quite typical.

+1000 on this one!!!!!! it's a shame the bus driver who came to this guy's rescue didn't have a video camera.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2013, 05:20 PM

7,879 posts, read 17,636,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amisi View Post
+1000 on this one!!!!!! it's a shame the bus driver who came to this guy's rescue didn't have a video camera.
I read somewhere that she had a camera and took pictures.I think the cops have photos of some of the thugs.

Old 12-10-2013, 05:21 PM

257 posts, read 519,590 times
Quote:
I guess his broken eye socket, torn retina, bruises and blood clotting are all fake. Did you see the photos of the guy?

Dov Hikind claims this is "out of character" for the ultra-Orthodox Jews.... Bullshiit.
I saw the pictures. I also saw that this guy was so messed up that he didnt know where he was or what happened FOR DAYS. I guess after a few days he went online to do some research. Maybe got instructions from this 1 Nebraska Woman Charlie Rogers Faked Anti-Gay Hate Crime, Police Say - ABC News I think he got into some sort of situation earlier that night at a club or a bar and was sleeping or IDK doing whatever there. I dont buy it for a second that they did it to him.

Old 12-10-2013, 05:22 PM

15,229 posts, read 17,477,297 times
That random MTA bus driver was definitely in cahoots with the guy, right?

I'm for waiting to hear more details. That means waiting for more information comes out on this. Hate crimes are not a figment of the imagination even if there are people who have falsely claimed it. Even if not a hate crime, such violence is not a laughing matter. Having instances of false shootings, false rapes, false robberies, false murders, false etc. does not somehow preclude the possibility of real ones. Having instances where people have lied does not mean that all things that have ever been accused are lies. Your logic isn't even good enough to rim a goat after a mayonnaise enema.

Old 12-10-2013, 05:29 PM

1,431 posts, read 1,855,021 times
Surprised at so many people saying that Hasidic Jews could never do this for some reason. Why? All people are capable of acting terribly.

Old 12-10-2013, 05:33 PM

Quote:
I guess his broken eye socket, torn retina, bruises and blood clotting are all fake. Did you see the photos of the guy?

Dov Hikind claims this is "out of character" for the ultra-Orthodox Jews.... Bullshiit.
Bull**** is right.Anyone can google Shomrim and find many,many of these types of attacks by them all Brooklyn and all over the world.Shomrim operate everywhere.This attack is far from "out of character " It's quite typical and completely in character.

Conviction in Baltimore Shomrim attack case | The Jewish Chronicle

This is only about the 50th such Shomrim attack in Brooklyn to be followed by Dov Hikind's claims about how out of character such an attack would be for the Shomrim.He always comes out and defends them.Time after time after time. It's like a broken record.

Last edited by bluedog2; 12-10-2013 at 06:01 PM..

Old 12-10-2013, 05:38 PM

257 posts, read 519,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
That random MTA bus driver was definitely in cahoots with the guy, right?

I'm for waiting to hear more details. That means waiting for more information comes out on this. Hate crimes are not a figment of the imagination even if there are people who have falsely claimed it. Even if not a hate crime, such violence is not a laughing matter. Having instances of false shootings, false rapes, false robberies, false murders, false etc. does not somehow preclude the possibility of real ones. Having instances where people have lied does not mean that all things that have ever been accused are lies. Your logic isn't even good enough to rim a goat after a mayonnaise enema.
Did I miss where it said bus driver saw these men hurting him? it said she saw him on the ground surrounded by hasidim. Thats it. So I think he was sleeping it off, or just being his drunk self, they stopped to check it out and thats the story. Then he decided Thats going to be his 15 minutes of fame. or maybe his check on top of that.

Old 12-10-2013, 05:40 PM

2,879 posts, read 4,407,312 times
Just because these people are religious, doesn't mean they aren't capable of committing evils acts.
Child molestation, one of the most despicable acts that a human can do, was rampant amongst certain religious groups.

I've seen a gang of orthodox jews beat up a guy in boro park.

So this isn't shocking news actually, and I'm not surprised one bit.

Old 12-10-2013, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasha7 View Post
Did I miss where it said bus driver saw these men hurting him? ...

Taj Patterson, Gay Black Student Beaten In Brooklyn In Possible Knockout Game Attack, Claims Orthodox Jews Assaulted Him [PHOTO]

"Bus driver Evelyn Keys said she witnessed the gang assault."

Old 12-10-2013, 05:49 PM

573 posts, read 1,129,333 times
The Hasids are some of the most intolerant people on earth (pretty much like every extremist religious group), and this is just another proof of how retarded their mentality is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City