Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 09:15 PM

3 posts, read 4,978 times

Advertisements

Welcome to the places in which a lack of "proper guidance" in economic and social factors are redundantly fashionable. Anywhere in the world in which there are no "fundamental or moral logistics" for the younger generations to follow or use as examples to cope into the broader society. It's like eating only fast-food and expecting to be healthy and in fine health
And for your "hood fascination" it's probably originating from cinema or novels in which the characters involved in the awful and fruitless environments make it sound entertaining. If you're guided by your personal curiosities, by all means, please find a room in the "hood" and experience it first-hand, that way "no one call tell you otherwise

Godspeed in satisfying that curiosity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2014, 09:22 PM

34,080 posts, read 47,269,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowMassa View Post
There are a lot of shady individuals, I think there is also a group homes and homeless shelters nearby also. I would Break East Brooklyn into several areas - ENY proper (composes New Lots), City Line (bordered by Atlantic Ave and the Conduit), Cypress Hills (north of Atlantic Ave), The Hole (south of the Conduit and Elderts Lane) and Spring Creek-Starret City (south of Flatlands Ave).

Google Maps and other programs are no longer showing City Line or Cypress Hills as part of East New York.
You can break Spring Creek and Starrett City up because Spring Creek is behind Pink Houses. Those buildings on Loring Avenue.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 01-03-2014, 09:32 PM

1,155 posts, read 1,975,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
You can break Spring Creek and Starrett City up because Spring Creek is behind Pink Houses. Those buildings on Loring Avenue.
Agreed, although Starrett City and Spring Creek shares similarities as City Line and Cypress Hills do. The split up makes sense, ENY would be way to large and at certain areas quite very different in terms of vibe, appearance and socio-economics.

Old 01-03-2014, 09:47 PM

620 posts, read 1,072,971 times
Out of all areas in ENY ...which is the LEAST Bad ??

Old 01-03-2014, 10:03 PM

34,080 posts, read 47,269,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popfizz View Post
Out of all areas in ENY ...which is the LEAST Bad ??
Starrett, Cypress Hills, City Line.....from best to worst

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 01-03-2014, 10:07 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,967,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popfizz View Post
Home come it is sooo gloomy when you walk off Euclid Ave in ENY ??

I always wondered how "bad" ENY really was until I spent my NYE there with a friend.

There are 4 generations living under the same roof ( very small house) and this is the textbook example of generational poverty.

The friends brother ( who we went to visit) is involved with a local gang and when his friends come up to the door they identify themselves with gang signs to identify who it is.

He has 3 kids and he is 24. His on and off again gf lives with the 2 oldest in a homeless shelter, the youngest stays with the grandma who has custody of him in Bushwick. The gf is always there smoking cigarettes anyway until they fight and she goes to her girlfriend.

They all grew up in Bushwick until their house caught fire and got relocated into ENY.

When the ball dropped he ran out and did "buck shots" in the air right infront of the kids ! He unkowingly hit the cable box and knocked out the cable for the house. All he yelled is " That's what the f*ck it is !!"

He is awaiting trial for a gun charge which he hid in another gf's house during a shoot out in the area. This would be his 2nd stint in Riker's Island.

HIS father also lives in the room next door, has 2 girlfriends and is a Latin Kings member. HE is the "good one" of the household because he has a "real" job in a local hospital ( where he meets his girlfriend$ if you know what I mean.

All the friends that came over where tatted up from neck to toe and smoke cigs inside this already crowded house with kids all around.

All they do is sell crack out the basement and walk to the store to buy Hennessey ( the big bottle) and dutches to smoke trees.

They also keep 3 cameras in front of the house too see who is outfront. The house has been raided 3 times before .

To hear about poverty is one thing... to see it up close is another thing.

Is ALL of East New York like that ??? How is the Area near Milford Ave ??

I mean it wouldn't be wrong to assume that when these kids grow up they will also be the same way ...

When does it stop. I'm sure they don't drink for fun but to numb the pain of no longer being accepted into society.

Any insights ???

I'm sure the Puertorican granmda is in the kitchen cooking wondering how soooo different the youth here is than when she was growing up .

I was thinking of renting a room in ENY ( the "real hardcore NYC" fascinates me for some reason) but I feel like if you ain't from here they will get you eventually.

I am a young , minority with a good paying job in midtown.. What gives ??
No one with a good paying job wants to live in ENY. You won't get a good girlfriend if you move out there either as no worthwhile company would be interested in you. Have fun marrying a sister of the people you mentioned in the post, and don't forget to reserve money for getting her out of jail when she gets busted selling whatever drug.

And if you did have children, is this as environment you'd want to raise them in? Also, spending too much time around a criminal class increases your own chance of confrontations with the NYPD. Enjoy prison!

Old 01-03-2014, 10:12 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,183,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
No one with a good paying job wants to live in ENY. You won't get a good girlfriend if you move out there either as no worthwhile company would be interested in you. Have fun marrying a sister of the people you mentioned in the post, and don't forget to reserve money for getting her out of jail when she gets busted selling whatever drug.

And if you did have children, is this as environment you'd want to raise them in? Also, spending too much time around a criminal class increases your own chance of confrontations with the NYPD. Enjoy prison!
ENY has been 'the hood' for 50 years. No amount of knocking down the old houses and building new(ish) properties has improved the area.

Old 01-03-2014, 11:53 PM

3,244 posts, read 5,240,212 times
The OP needs to reconsider where he parties!

Old 01-04-2014, 12:31 AM

1,155 posts, read 1,975,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Starrett, Cypress Hills, City Line.....from best to worst
Also

SC - All feels the same and it positioned far off.
CH - Has mixed housing, park, and better positioned
CL - Rather small, fast growing Bengali population, it's eastern portion is also nicer

LMAO NYWriterDude, once he tells some women where he resides this will be their reaction - http://www.eyehealthweb.com/wp-conte...ulgingeyes.jpg

Indeed BigJake54, old saying -
Quote:
Tell me who your friends are and i will tell you who you are

Old 01-04-2014, 02:01 AM

19,039 posts, read 13,951,921 times
The question that started the OP was subsequently answered by the rest of the post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City