Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 07:56 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,322,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Bill de Blasio is the Best Mayor in the History of NYC

Sure! 8 days into his first term.

Koch, Rudy, LaGuardia, Boss Tweed? They're rank amateurs.
Hey, Oblahblah got a Nobel Peace Prize about 10 days in to his term. Looks like the OP thinks de Blasio is in the same league.

I agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2014, 08:17 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,043,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
Hey, Oblahblah got a Nobel Peace Prize about 10 days in to his term. Looks like the OP thinks de Blasio is in the same league.

I agree.

President Obama is currently jumping on the Income Inequality bandwagon after his dismal fail of Obama Care. Under is tenure as President millions of Americans were or slowly slipping into poverty, while a quite small few of Americans were ever making more and more money. I do belive in the fight against income inequality but since Obama jumped on the topic of income inequality, I'm going to leave that alone now! As a New Yorker income inequality topic is and was the only thing I agreed with Bill de Blasio and I have been saying for quite sometime on this forum for the past couple of years!

Old 01-08-2014, 08:23 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,322,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
President Obama is currently jumping on the Income Inequality bandwagon after his dismal fail of Obama Care. Under is tenure as President millions of Americans were or slowly slipping into poverty, while a quite small few of Americans were ever making more and more money. I do belive in the fight against income inequality but since Obama jumped on the topic of income inequality, I'm going to leave that alone now! As a New Yorker income inequality topic is and was the only thing I agreed with Bill de Blasio and I have been saying for quite sometime on this forum for the past couple of years!
Define income equality.

Old 01-08-2014, 09:05 PM

1,586 posts, read 2,148,651 times
This is a very silly thread.

Old 01-08-2014, 09:18 PM

7,906 posts, read 7,886,510 times
how is this possible, and he hasn't been in office two weeks? come on now. this is a major reach

Old 01-08-2014, 09:19 PM

7,906 posts, read 7,886,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
Pennsylvania Avenue? Why in the world would he move to Starrett City?
lol

Old 01-08-2014, 09:25 PM

4,840 posts, read 9,915,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
Pennsylvania Avenue? Why in the world would he move to Starrett City?
City data post of the year

Old 01-08-2014, 09:37 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,630,158 times
Ay yi yi.

Old 01-09-2014, 07:31 AM

77 posts, read 133,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ny123 View Post
Has anyone watched the de Blasio inauguration? I know little about this new mayor but that ceremony appeared to be very low-class performance in my opinion, with the departing mayor sitting in front of the audience while speaker after speaker speaking ill of him, who not only did an unparalleled job for $1 annual salary but also gave his own $650 million to improve his city (again see 12/30 NY Times article "Cost of Being Mayor? $650 Million, if He’s Rich"). Now that is called commitment, as Bill Clinton termed it--thank goodness to perhaps the only speaker at the inauguration who gave Mayor Bloomberg due recognition for his achievement.

Many may not like his bans, but hopefully when some get cancer (God forbidden) they'll be able to appreciate his concerns and efforts--at the cost of being called a "nanny mayor". Show me another mayor who did more real stuffs for public health than Mayor Bloomberg did.
I watched the inauguration and more than a few parts of it literally made me cringe. For starters, I was never aware that I lived on a plantation, but I suppose that's good to know And Letitia James using that little girl from the NY Times series on youth homelessness as a political prop was particularly nauseating.

As with all things de Blasio I'm hoping that his rhetoric is merely a sign of him being a shrewd politician, and he proves that he can govern effectively. So far so good, but it's still way too early to judge.

Old 01-09-2014, 07:59 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,972,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
The Affordable Health Care Act didn't fail. It's available now.

It somewhat does address income inequality. A huge percentage of the country worked for small businesses that did not insure them and where they had no hope of medical benefits. If an uninsured person gets on medicaid, their income has to be under $800 and they have to have less than $2k in their bank account. So that basically said people from small businesses should only work part time and have little savings. At least this way people who work for small businesses can now have medical insurance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City