Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 07:43 AM

1,058 posts, read 1,991,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Well I'm equally sorry you have comprehension issues and do not understand any of the legal matters since they pertain to the person who is listing the space and not the client staying in the space

Oh and here's some friendly advice that will serve you well online, read your own articles before posting them - especially if they prove the point of the other person you're disputing

lol

Oh my ! are you that shallow that you can not see that while those renting are not in any legal jeopardy like the owners they clearly run the risk of finding themselves out on the street if caught (well documented) and losing all of the money already provided. This is especially true and swift when renting from someone who is in a coop building where people are loathe to have strangers running around the building.

Oh and based on the type advice you give to others, I am sure you will understand if I don't take your advice. Again the danger of these forums is people providing dangerous advice to those not in the know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2014, 07:46 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,706,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilmin View Post
Oh my ! are you that shallow that you can not see that while those renting are not in any legal jeopardy like the owners they clearly run the risk of finding themselves out on the street if caught (well documented) and losing all of the money already provided. This is especially true and swift when renting from someone who is in a coop building where people are loathe to have strangers running around the building.
lol, talk about ignorance. I guess the literally thousands of people renting out a NYC airbnb rental every day are "shallow". Perhaps their pockets are shallow because they have more money left in them ?? You have so little understanding of what you write it's unbelievable. I'm not even sure you understand any of the renters laws in NYC. There is nothing swift about getting anyone out of an apartment around here LOL

Old 01-13-2014, 08:13 AM

Quote:
lol, talk about ignorance. I guess the literally thousands of people renting out a NYC airbnb rental every day are "shallow". Perhaps their pockets are shallow because they have more money left in them ?? You have so little understanding of what you write it's unbelievable. I'm not even sure you understand any of the renters laws in NYC. There is nothing swift about getting anyone out of an apartment around here LOL

There is a discussion going on at this very moment about this topic on TRIP ADVISOR.COM. I can tell that you are beyond hope but hopefully our discussion will be reviewed by others looking to come to the city and they will research this topic to the best of their ability and not be caught up in the bad advice you continue to spew. It looks as though Cindy the OP is looking at hotels and not falling into the trap you are setting for them. For those that still have questions please review the attached article

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2013/0...new-york-city/

Old 01-13-2014, 08:42 AM

Quote:
There is a discussion going on at this very moment about this topic on TRIP ADVISOR.COM. I can tell that you are beyond hope but hopefully our discussion will be reviewed by others looking to come to the city and they will research this topic to the best of their ability and not be caught up in the bad advice you continue to spew. It looks as though Cindy the OP is looking at hotels and not falling into the trap you are setting for them. For those that still have questions please review the attached article

Vacation rental site Airbnb ruled illegal in New York City | Fox News
Hey thanks for posting yet ANOTHER article that proves you are wrong looooooooooool

Of course the city doesn't like airbnb, it takes away from business at the large chain hotels and the apartment lease holders are not paying hotel taxes.

What does this have to do with the price of tea in China if you want to rent a few nights?? Nada, Ziltch, Zippo.

If someone is suspected of renting out their apartment unlawfully, there would be a drawn out investigation and court case. Meanwhile nobody can kick the tourist out of the apartment as he is a guest of the leaseholder. They will go after the leaseholder after the tourist is long gone

Why are you still here trying to scare people? The overwhelming facts of the situation are making you look rather foolish

Old 01-13-2014, 10:08 AM

89 posts, read 150,710 times
I'd recommend seeing/walking the Highline. You can start on its norther end near W. 23rd Street and walk south. Once you get off, you're in the Meat Packing District. There you can watch skinny-minnies try to navigate the cobblestone streets on their 9 inch stillettos. I'm sort of kidding, navigating the cobblestones is hard regardless of your shoes. But, it's a really fun part of town and there are so many cool shops and places to eat. Plus, if you go when the sun is setting, you might be treated to a great sunset over the Hudson River. I highly recommend it as a great place to visit that isn't overly touristy. Everytime I've brought someone there, they've loved it. Good luck on your trip and welcome to NYC!

Old 01-13-2014, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Hey thanks for posting yet ANOTHER article that proves you are wrong looooooooooool

Of course the city doesn't like airbnb, it takes away from business at the large chain hotels and the apartment lease holders are not paying hotel taxes.

What does this have to do with the price of tea in China if you want to rent a few nights?? Nada, Ziltch, Zippo.

If someone is suspected of renting out their apartment unlawfully, there would be a drawn out investigation and court case. Meanwhile nobody can kick the tourist out of the apartment as he is a guest of the leaseholder. They will go after the leaseholder after the tourist is long gone

Why are you still here trying to scare people? The overwhelming facts of the situation are making you look rather foolish

You are strange-- I still have not figured out what your game is unless of course you are one of those who illegally rents out your place. It has everything to do with renting for a few nights? everything it is illegal.
Fortunately most people can see through your ruse.

Old 01-13-2014, 10:36 AM

Quote:
You are strange
Nothing strange about dispelling myths and scare tactics. Literally thousands of people are renting out apartment shares at a discount to NYC hotel rates. As long as you choose to stay at a reputable place with lots of reviews you really can't go wrong if you're looking to save off hotel prices which are exorbitant in NYC.

If you are a leaseholder then yes obviously you should be careful of the little old lady in apartment 3B who would love nothing more than to rat you out

Old 01-13-2014, 08:07 PM

11,198 posts, read 9,074,137 times
Quote:
Nothing strange about dispelling myths and scare tactics. Literally thousands of people are renting out apartment shares at a discount to NYC hotel rates. As long as you choose to stay at a reputable place with lots of reviews you really can't go wrong if you're looking to save off hotel prices which are exorbitant in NYC.

If you are a leaseholder then yes obviously you should be careful of the little old lady in apartment 3B who would love nothing more than to rat you out
Amen!!

Old 01-13-2014, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ryu View Post
Amen!!

Ignorance is bliss and obviously catchy. But thankfully people here (most) can read and stay away from people who can get them in trouble. And in case you missed it here is another article I just made up to look real.

http://www.brickunderground.com/blog...s_than_a_month

Old 01-13-2014, 08:21 PM

912 posts, read 2,098,397 times
Dine al fresco at Bar Pitti
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City