Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2014, 08:13 PM

3,727 posts, read 7,020,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
That's not entirely true. If you want wealthier people to socialize with you, be worth socializing. Enough with the woe is me victim/crying/whining stuff.

Focus on the positive things you've done, and what you can do professionally for others. Then wealthier people will be willing to socialize with you, if you have something to offer.

Have nothing to offer but tales of woe? Then it sucks to be you and you gotta save that for the food stamp office.

Or you can just starve. No one will care.
I hardly expect an invitation to the Hamptons anytime soon.

And I don't just have tales of woe. Just had a lovely dinner with my family for my brother's birthday. A lovely, happy day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2014, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Well, you can just give up entirely and lay down in the streets and die.

Its your choice, and no one will care either way.

But you won't win by coming up with excuse after excuse after excuse. You know yourself. Look hard in the mirror and see why you're always FAILING. Or just give up on everything and lay out in the streets. It doesn't really matter, either way.
Again, you really need to work on your reading comprehension. When did I ever say I've given up? I had 3 job applications out before I finished my coffee this morning.

Started working at the age of 17, straight out of high school. Supported a disabled husband in the 80s. I earned a BA, 3.67 GPA, while working full-time. Still looking for more schooling. How is that failure?

People vent. That's why there are forums.

Oh, and for the illegal alien lovers who insist that they aren't eligible for 'handouts' and only come here to find work...

Illegal Alien With 7 Kids Got Food Stamps, Housing & Social Security

Old 01-18-2014, 09:10 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,278,811 times
How did a tread about how to solve the issue of $9b in food stamps being cut turn into a thread on one persons situation?

Old 01-18-2014, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
How did a tread about how to solve the issue of $9b in food stamps being cut turn into a thread on one persons situation?
Because I'm the devil and I'm destroying America!

Old 01-21-2014, 08:55 AM

25,368 posts, read 36,960,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYChistorygal View Post
Because I'm the devil and I'm destroying America!
No, no, no. That's what are political system is for.

Old 01-21-2014, 09:08 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,529,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYChistorygal View Post
Again, you really need to work on your reading comprehension. When did I ever say I've given up? I had 3 job applications out before I finished my coffee this morning.

Started working at the age of 17, straight out of high school. Supported a disabled husband in the 80s. I earned a BA, 3.67 GPA, while working full-time. Still looking for more schooling. How is that failure?

People vent. That's why there are forums.

Oh, and for the illegal alien lovers who insist that they aren't eligible for 'handouts' and only come here to find work...

Illegal Alien With 7 Kids Got Food Stamps, Housing & Social Security
That is childish, its difficult to consider you are 50. Or did I read that age wrong?

Anway, 1) if she has children born here (ie US citizens) she will be entitled legally to collect food stamps for them under certain conditions 2) so people game the system. have you any evdience apart fvrom your single fox news story, that illegal immigrants defraud welfare any more than US-born generationally poor moochers who also haven't paid a single dime in? I doubt it considering how much harder it is to fake social security numbers or greencards since the changes that 9/11 brought about.

But its the illegal immigrants, that is where the problem is - especially when you aint got no job right?
This story goes back 100's of years. The same scapegoats.

And, she isn't "eligible" if she's defrauding the government. That's why she'd be drauding them to get it. Right?

Old 01-21-2014, 11:54 AM

How is it childish to be pissed at people who are defrauding the system?

I have a friend who works for medicaid. Illegals buy/steal SS numbers. It really ticks her off as she came from Puerto Rico, learned English and has worked all her life. Now, she spends her days watching these people steal her tax money.

Old 01-21-2014, 12:30 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,892,174 times
Illegals are really irrelevant. The issue is how will people deal with the 9 billion worth of new CUTS.

How will the city deal with it? And actually, how will recipients deal with it? How will social services deal with it?

Everyone will deal with these cuts in some form or manner.

NYCHistorygal, what would you do if you were cut off food stamps and you couldn't get your case renewed due to government cuts? Your age and work history don't matter (a lot of people immediately got cut off unemployment in Jan.). There's no need to bring up your past, immigrants, the economy or anything else. How would you personally respond to a potentially disastrous situation?

Old 01-21-2014, 01:21 PM

18,953 posts, read 13,843,099 times
If we changed the 14th Amendment, anchor babies would be a thing of the past. Most civilized countries already deny citizenship to the children of non-citizen parents.

Old 01-21-2014, 01:29 PM

2,894 posts, read 5,895,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
If we changed the 14th Amendment, anchor babies would be a thing of the past. Most civilized countries already deny citizenship to the children of non-citizen parents.
And most civilized countries (in fact, all of them) don't have anything resembling the 2nd ammendment that you seem to love so much.
I personally don't care for neither one of them, so I wouldn't mind repealing them both.

But unfortunately we still have many 'uncivilized' (or antiquated) laws on the books.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City