Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2014, 06:39 AM

62 posts, read 140,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenSoho View Post
MumzE, I tried to PM you. Got this message: MumzE has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

Hey KarenSoho,

I changed the settings and can receive PMs now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2014, 08:44 AM

25 posts, read 49,517 times
mumzE: I tried yet again to PM you. Same message--blocked me. I give up. I'm frustrated enough as it is.

TJayn:You said it all. Right on. I have contacted the Actors Fund myself, and I am going in to discuss my "homeless/hostel" situation if I don't get in 529 soon...

I do have an appt. Today to go into 529 and update my financials.... I'll see what's going on...

Last edited by Marka; 11-15-2014 at 10:37 PM..

Old 10-03-2014, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenSoho View Post
mumzE: I tried yet again to PM you. Same message--blocked me. I give up. I'm frustrated enough as it is.

TJayn:You said it all. Right on. I have contacted the Actors Fund myself, and I am going in to discuss my "homeless/hostel" situation if I don't get in 529 soon...

I do have an appt. Today to go into 529 and update my financials.... I'll see what's going on...

Not sure what the problem is, took a lot of time going through to figure out how to allow for messages. I can't post private information like my email or phone number on this board, anyone can access it.

Hopefully we'll all get leases soon and our financial and home stresses will be over!

Last edited by Marka; 11-15-2014 at 10:37 PM..

Old 10-03-2014, 01:39 PM

Ok guys, I had a great meeting with the 529 Property Manager, who also happens to be my case manager. Because my projected income for 2014 has actually gone down since our last financial updates 90 days ago, I am now even "more eligible". The variable added to this mix of winning the lottery, being 70% performer preference, having income under the Max, having at least 50% income from performing/creative arts, and being a NY resident, is now having LOW income. :/

Old 10-03-2014, 02:12 PM

Sorry, the computer at the library cut me off. :/
Anyway, so it's initially yes, they are going Through Log number by Log number, however, if say for example Log number 222 and Log number 4444 have all the same variables, BUT, Log # 4444 has much lower income than 222, well, that's the Ace card that seems to be getting some people in sooner than others. You see, Related has now got HUD on their backs. HUD gives preference to very low incomes people, which is all fine and dandy, but it undermines this whole concept of 529 being THE new building for performers--- piggy-backing off Manhattan Plaza. HUD cares less about our pursuit of creative endeavors, and mostly about our incomes. Related does care about us Creatives, but is being hovered over by HUD. So, bottom line, sad to say, is the more "struggling artist" you are financially, the more HUD gives you the thumbs up. So my advice is when you go in to do your updated financials, be very modest in what you speculate you will make for the rest of 2014. I anticipated making more $ than I actually did in the last 90 days, because, well, we are led to believe financial success is what validates us right? Well, I turned in my paystubs for the past 90 days, and it was painful to see how much less I made than what I hoped for. However, this put me into the "lower income" bracket, whatever THAT is, and my caseworker said I should be able to be approved by HUD and receive "the call" and move in 2 weeks .
So I told my aunt, and showed her my rash I got at the Hostel, and she said I can move back in w/ her in Soho until I get "the call" from 529. Yay!

So, Liz: hang on now....I hope to greet you in the lobby of 529 in 2 wks, and you can stay with me until they call you!

And MumzE: thank you for trying with that dang PM. I don't get how it works, either. And no, I wouldn't want/expect you to put your personal phone number or email on this forum site!

Last edited by Marka; 11-15-2014 at 10:38 PM..

Old 10-05-2014, 06:39 AM

93 posts, read 248,738 times
I just hope that HUD does not mess with the 70 % artist preference, and lower that percentage significantly. Don't know if they have that kind of "power".

Old 10-12-2014, 07:51 AM

Does anyone have good movers to recommend? I still have no idea if I'm getting an apartment for certain but thought it would be a good idea to start looking into movers and best/most affordable way to move.

Thanks!

Old 10-13-2014, 06:59 AM

93 posts, read 248,738 times
Instead of "planning a christmas party", I wish Related would be moreso focused on "planning all of our move-ins.".
I think priorities are a little out of order here. Just sayin'. "Everyone will be moved in by CHRISTMAS?"...gee, thats DECEMBER. I better get my winter appareal out of storage.... :/

Old 10-14-2014, 09:25 PM

I got "The Call" !!!! But, I was in the library all day working on my screenplay, and I had my phone on vibrate, so yeah, the very call I was waiting for, went into VM. :/ Doughhhhh! But I also got an email inviting me in to sign "The Lease", so I emailed back I can come in Friday! Sooo, Elogan 135, I will call you!

Old 10-14-2014, 09:31 PM

And thank God, cuz my winter stuff is all packed in the back of my storage bin,too!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery