Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 11:05 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,561,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumshoe Lady View Post
Chirlane McCray’s City Hall Role Slowly Takes Shape | Politicker

"New York City’s new First Lady, Chirlane McCray, will not receive a salary for her work at City Hall, the mayor’s office said this evening.

However, her new chief of staff, former Al Sharpton aide Rachel Noerdlinger, will make $170,000 a year. She will be based in the Office of the Mayor, and will be paid as a City Hall employee, the office said.

And

“Chirlane is my partner in all I do,” he added. “I’ve said that for the last year. I’m proud of that fact. And it’s going to allow us to do a lot of good for the people of New York City.”

A Quinnipiac poll released last week found most New Yorkers do not think a mayor’s spouse should have a major role shaping public policy, with 36 percent thinking they should have a minor role and 30 percent saying they should have no role at all."

Full article at link.

I wonder what those poll figures would have been if Quinn had won and had given her wife a job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2014, 06:23 AM

559 posts, read 1,111,726 times
I was out of the country and have just caught up with the old newspapers, so I just learned that our Great Leader has appointed the Great Consort to a taxpayer-funded position of power. That's wonderful news.

If Caligula could appoint his horse Incitatus to the Roman Senate, and Juan Peron could appoint Evita to be Minister of Everything, and Ronald Reagan could heed the advice of Nancy Reagan's astrologer, then New York also deserves the best.

In fact, her compensation seems inadequate. She should be paid as much as Columbia University's President. After all, Ms McCray is Eleanor Roosevelt, Joan of Arc, and Mother Theresa combined. She is a true hero.

Old 02-13-2014, 09:19 AM

7,643 posts, read 6,478,770 times
She's kind of a black lefty version of hilary clinton.

She's the brains behind de blasio. Without her and the kids, he would not have gotten elected.

I wonder what John Liu would have been like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City