Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 08:44 PM

1,155 posts, read 1,967,623 times

Advertisements

Popular 'hot' neighborhoods sells easily for those who can afford it. I use to know 2 females who lived in the bigger building next door. Up the block near the gas station where you will see a large older stock building nearby, there was a drug dealer who lived there and he had a 1982 Chevrolet Monte Carlo. Man, times has changed, this was all late 1990's when the new comers first arrived at nearby Williamsburg near the L.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2014, 09:16 PM

3,244 posts, read 5,219,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
Her dad is the famous writer David Mamet.
Don't know who she is, but recognized the surname.
I don't understand media fascination with divulging addresses of "celebrities". IMO, people living in NYC should be entitled to their privacy. Who told? The realtor? Was the building purchased in her name, or an LLC? It's one thing to live in a high-rise with doormen, another to have "fans" & paparazzi camped outside your front door. In much the same way, I don't want to know where the mayor lives, much less see photos of him shoveling snow there. It only takes one idiot, in a city with a million crazies ...

Old 01-23-2014, 09:23 PM

33,394 posts, read 46,819,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjake54 View Post
Don't know who she is, but recognized the surname.
I don't understand media fascination with divulging addresses of "celebrities". IMO, people living in NYC should be entitled to their privacy. Who told? The realtor? Was the building purchased in her name, or an LLC? It's one thing to live in a high-rise with doormen, another to have "fans" & paparazzi camped outside your front door. In much the same way, I don't want to know where the mayor lives, much less see photos of him shoveling snow there. It only takes one idiot, in a city with a million crazies ...
It's all public information.

NYC Department of Finance

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 01-23-2014, 10:37 PM

3,244 posts, read 5,219,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
It's all public information. NYC Department of Finance
Owner is a trust, not in her name. She might not even be the owner, as BF is listed as trustee.
So, again, somebody leaked the info.

Old 01-23-2014, 11:20 PM

3,921 posts, read 9,091,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowMassa View Post
She's just half a block away from one of the most ghetto blocks in Williamsburg too. LOL!

She is basically on the Bushwick side of the border, across the street is East Williamsburg and the pj's to the south are in Williamsburg (proper)
What's the border between East Williamsburg & Williamsburg? I always thought it was Union Avenue or Lorimer Street (so for instance, Graham Avenue would be solidly East Williamsburg), but I guess Bushwick Avenue would make sense, since it's the dividing line between a predominantly residential area, and predominantly industrial area (with those areas being Williamsburg/East Williamsburg respectively).

Old 01-24-2014, 12:18 AM

2,727 posts, read 2,818,460 times
Wow, I seriously wouldn't live there for free. Hmm, that shthole, or penthouse overlooking the ocean in miami beach?

Old 01-24-2014, 12:44 AM

571 posts, read 787,520 times
The article says it's a three unit house. Four if you count the basement. Seems like a great investment to me. My dad sold a three apartment house in Astoria fifteen years ago for $600,000, and the place was a dump.

They can rent out each apartment for $2500, clear six figures per year after taxes, until it doubles in value in ten years.

Old 01-24-2014, 01:27 AM

1,155 posts, read 1,967,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by checkmatechamp13 View Post
What's the border between East Williamsburg & Williamsburg? I always thought it was Union Avenue or Lorimer Street (so for instance, Graham Avenue would be solidly East Williamsburg), but I guess Bushwick Avenue would make sense, since it's the dividing line between a predominantly residential area, and predominantly industrial area (with those areas being Williamsburg/East Williamsburg respectively).

Bushwick Ave for sure, GoogleMaps seem to agree with this also. Bushwick (the neighborhood) would be way too large if one would include the industrial sector west of Flushing Ave. The 3 respective neighborhoods feel quite distinct also.

E.WB https://maps.google.com/maps?q=east+...gl=us&t=m&z=13

Old 01-24-2014, 01:32 AM

16,200 posts, read 22,936,342 times
Htf is this big news?

Old 01-24-2014, 05:48 AM

7,296 posts, read 11,808,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjake54 View Post
I don't understand media fascination with divulging addresses of "celebrities". IMO, people living in NYC should be entitled to their privacy. Who told? The realtor? Was the building purchased in her name, or an LLC? It's one thing to live in a high-rise with doormen, another to have "fans" & paparazzi camped outside your front door. In much the same way, I don't want to know where the mayor lives, much less see photos of him shoveling snow there.
I don't think she is interested in privacy. She wasted no time in letting the media know about her purchase and now appears to be chronicling her ongoing remodeling of the house - the more to attract the attention of fans, paparazzi and business endorsers. It's easy to shrug this off as a publicity move but somehow it can't be helped to sense the movement of unseen hands behind all this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City