Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 02:18 PM

4,829 posts, read 8,724,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyn on the green View Post
In the same vein sexual lifestyle social engineering pressure groups should have their parades in the privacy of the crevices where they practice their sexual acts.
The privacy of the "crevices where they practice their sexual acts"??!!!??! Where the frig are YOU from???? What you said here is absolutely disgusting, bigoted, and plain old IGNORANT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2014, 02:18 PM

3,445 posts, read 6,062,659 times
The Village is clearly a gay ghetto and I see no reason not to move the gay pride parade there.

And why cant there be a heterosexual pride parade. How about a Family Parade honoring hardworking heterosexual families? Doesnt that sound good?

Old 02-04-2014, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by likeminas View Post
Without clicking on the link I thought maybe they don't want his wife there. But after reading that he's not going because gays are not allowed to display rainbow flags I was like.......MEH.

Gays got their own parade, there's no need for them to crash every other parade in the city.

Have you ever been to the Pride parade in Manhattan? There are NYPD in the parade (in uniform) from a gay offficers group; there are all different groups and ethnicities in the parade who are in groups with the flags from their groups. Why shouldn't gay people be permitted in the St Patrick's Day parade? Are there no gay Irish people?????

Old 02-04-2014, 02:21 PM

9,246 posts, read 24,064,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30to66at55 View Post
The Village is clearly a gay ghetto and I see no reason not to move the gay pride parade there.

And why cant there be a heterosexual pride parade. How about a Family Parade honoring hardworking heterosexual families? Doesnt that sound good?
Sounds great,as long as it's in an appropriate neighborhood and someone other than NYC funds all of it.

I think the gay pride parade does take place mostly in the village at least but I don't like paying for it.

Old 02-04-2014, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
Sounds great,as it's in an appropriate neighborhood and someone other than NYC funds it.

I think the gay pride parade does take place mostly in the village at least but I don't like paying for it.

It starts around 37th St and Fifth and works its way down to Christopher St. The events during Pride week are held at various locations (not all in the Village, either)

Why do you feel a gay pride parade has to be in an "appropriate" neighborhood??? And since you mentioned it, should "someone other than NYC" fund all the other parades???

Old 02-04-2014, 02:24 PM

1,871 posts, read 4,264,626 times
Quote:
Sounds great,as long as it's in an appropriate neighborhood and someone other than NYC funds it.

You make it sound like you are personally footing the bill for every parade that takes place in the city, when in reality your share is probably 5 cents a year.

Old 02-04-2014, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amisi View Post
It starts around 37th St and Fifth and works its way down to Christopher St. The events during Pride week are held at various locations (not all in the Village, either)

Why do you feel a gay pride parade has to be in an "appropriate" neighborhood??? And since you mentioned it, should "someone other than NYC" fund all the other parades???
Absolutely,I thought I made that clear.It cost the taxpayers tens of millions in police and sanitation department overtime for every one of these parades.That should be paid for by parade organizers, no matter what kind of pride is being celebrated.

Old 02-04-2014, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barkomatic View Post
You make it sound like you are personally footing the bill for every parade that takes place in the city, when in reality your share is probably 5 cents a year.
Maybe that's because I teach in a school system where there is such a severe lack of funding that I personally shell out a few thousand dollars every year to give my kids supplies.When you see things from such a perspective,the tens of millions squandered on parades seems ludicrous.

Old 02-04-2014, 02:41 PM

1,871 posts, read 4,264,626 times
Quote:
Maybe that's because I teach in a school system where there is such a severe lack of funding that I personally shell out a few thousand dollars every year to give my kids supplies.When you see things from such a perspective,the tens of millions squandered on parades seems ludicrous.
It's good of you to spend money on supplies for your students. However, the city has many priorities -- not the least of which is making sure that the many cultures in NYC continue to coexist peacefully and treat each other with respect. You could say its an extension of the public education your students receive.

Old 02-04-2014, 02:48 PM

3,445 posts, read 6,062,659 times
No....perhaps we can call it pandering to every constituency.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City