Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2015, 11:20 AM

4 posts, read 8,651 times

Advertisements

So I'm having a hard time getting FiOS. Theyre saying our building is only serviceable for the internet. Anybody else come across this issue?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2015, 01:24 PM

125 posts, read 228,501 times
Does anyone know if all the apartments in the building are rented yet? I've been emailing Winn Residential every other day to check on my status (they never answer the phone) and I'm not getting any replies. So frustrating. I just want to know once and for all if I should stop wasting my time.

Old 01-08-2015, 08:31 AM

16 posts, read 36,545 times
Not sure, but 90% of my floor are still empty.

Old 01-08-2015, 05:58 PM

20 posts, read 42,289 times
I signed the lease today . The Glory be to God . Many blessings to the nice Winn Residential rep that helped me and went above and beyond to assit me. I was told they have still have 40 more apartments to rent.

Old 01-10-2015, 07:33 PM

Well, it's good to know that there are still available apartments. For those who are moving in with children, what are you doing about school? Are you transferring them to the zoned school right away? I looked up the zoned school for the address, but it's so far away! There is a school in walking distance but it's not the zoned school. I also looked up after school programs and I couldn't find any.

Old 01-13-2015, 01:37 PM

18 posts, read 49,250 times
Signed the lease earlier today...super hype and cant wait for the move-in date now!

Old 01-13-2015, 08:43 PM

6 posts, read 26,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Searching4ARainbow View Post
Well, it's good to know that there are still available apartments. For those who are moving in with children, what are you doing about school? Are you transferring them to the zoned school right away? I looked up the zoned school for the address, but it's so far away! There is a school in walking distance but it's not the zoned school. I also looked up after school programs and I couldn't find any.

I enrolled my child in our zoned school and he is bussed to and from. It has better ratings than the school closer to us. Unfortunately no after school is offered so be prepared for that. There's one associated with the school and it's crazy EXPENSIVE.

Old 01-14-2015, 01:42 PM

GeeQnzGirl, do you know how much the after-school costs? And is it actually in the school? That's P.S. 107, right? You can inbox me if you don't want to post here. I really need help figuring out the school situation as I live on the other side of Queens and won't be able to travel that far to take my daughter to school AND make it to work on time.

I'm finally making some headway! Turns out the girl who took my paperwork back in November no longer works there, but I spoke with the lady handling Macedonia now and she wants me to resubmit my pay stubs and a couple of other things. God willing, I'll hear some good news soon!

Old 01-15-2015, 12:18 PM

58 posts, read 123,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeQnzGirl View Post
I enrolled my child in our zoned school and he is bussed to and from. It has better ratings than the school closer to us. Unfortunately no after school is offered so be prepared for that. There's one associated with the school and it's crazy EXPENSIVE.
What school your kids going cuz my daughter go to pss 242 i walk 15 mn she be freezing in the morning i wanna transfer to a busses school

Old 01-15-2015, 04:11 PM

6 posts, read 11,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macedonia123 View Post
I signed the lease today . The Glory be to God . Many blessings to the nice Winn Residential rep that helped me and went above and beyond to assit me. I was told they have still have 40 more apartments to rent.

Congrats!! I'm glad you are finally done with this business LOL.. I'm glad you didn't leave it alone when they said you didn't qualify, sometimes they need a little help doing their job. Hope you enjoy your new apartment. Hopefully the rest of us get in soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery