U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 02:59 PM

3,142 posts, read 2,979,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimss View Post
How do I block losers here? And, is there any way to delete this post?

no need to... soon you will be blocked by the mods...and you will not be in the race long enough for the title...sorry...

Old 02-20-2014, 03:05 PM

55 posts, read 102,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
no need to... soon you will be blocked by the mods...and you will not be in the race long enough for the title...sorry...
You are back again, it's like a dog with a bone that won't quit! You need to be blocked by the moderator yourself. You'll definitely win the race for the title and also being a bithhh troll, ha

Old 02-20-2014, 06:01 PM

161 posts, read 122,410 times
Are your neighbors still banging on the walls trying to annoy you?

Old 02-23-2014, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicgrrl View Post
Are your neighbors still banging on the walls trying to annoy you?
Still at it, only for two days didn't hear much noise but on Friday they were at it again, all three of them and saw the the guy (who is in 40s and lives with parents in one bedroom) coming out of the apartment to bang on the walls of my kitchen from outside.

I called the cops, but the precinct goes, "call 911 for the cracked door, but if it's noise, then call 311, etc and it can take anytime from 5-8 hours for cops to stop by." And, apparently you can only call the cops when the noise is in session but they make noise for minutes during various intervals. But, they'll get a visit from cops soon.

Apparently, they want to keep on making noise and always initiate it and don't like it if someone responds back.

Last edited by kimss; 02-23-2014 at 05:12 AM..

Old 02-24-2014, 04:14 PM

OK, apparently the police did nothing. Called 311 and waited 4 hours for police to show up and apparently they never came to talk to me first as I had requested over 311 and when I called the local precinct to find out the status and they go "we spoke to the lady, no one was making noise," and apparently, they can't do anything about day time noise and you are allowed to pound on your walls and did nothing about the cracked door either. This is ridiculous!

Apparently, they went to the wrong apartment instead of going to 1X apartment they went to the X apartment, 1X is upstairs, it's very self-explanatory as it's all labeled.

Last edited by kimss; 02-24-2014 at 04:50 PM..

Old 02-24-2014, 05:43 PM

1,060 posts, read 1,524,374 times
Quote:
OK, apparently the police did nothing. Called 311 and waited 4 hours for police to show up and apparently they never came to talk to me first as I had requested over 311 and when I called the local precinct to find out the status and they go "we spoke to the lady, no one was making noise," and apparently, they can't do anything about day time noise and you are allowed to pound on your walls and did nothing about the cracked door either. This is ridiculous!

Apparently, they went to the wrong apartment instead of going to 1X apartment they went to the X apartment, 1X is upstairs, it's very self-explanatory as it's all labeled.

Did you really expect a SWAT team for your little annoyance neighbors? I will just repeat what one of my co workers used to say while tending bar for a few years as a part time thing in Manhattan--- when someone was clueless. \\ "You're not from here are you"--- all she had to say was that catch line and when overheard we knew exactly what was going on.

Old 02-24-2014, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilmin View Post
Did you really expect a SWAT team for your little annoyance neighbors? I will just repeat what one of my co workers used to say while tending bar for a few years as a part time thing in Manhattan--- when someone was clueless. \\ "You're not from here are you"--- all she had to say was that catch line and when overheard we knew exactly what was going on.
Yeah, the NYPD is really smart, like they solved the problem, they went to the wrong apartment instead, apparently you are well-informed!

Old 02-24-2014, 11:25 PM

16,727 posts, read 31,282,901 times
Quote:
Yeah, the NYPD is really smart, like they solved the problem, they went to the wrong apartment instead, apparently you are well-informed!
Sorry the forum couldn't be of any help to you....be safe.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 02-25-2014, 06:07 AM

2,898 posts, read 4,822,041 times
Maybe they didn't go to your building at all. You ever thought of that?

Sgt probably said "just appease that PITA lady. If she calls, tell her that we spoke to her neighbor already"

After all It's not like the NYPD doesn't have more pressing issues to attend than a neighbor making noise during day hours.

Old 02-25-2014, 06:38 AM

1,060 posts, read 1,524,374 times
Quote:
don't you get the whole thrust of this thread lady--- we don't care. Goodnight and if you are going to move again please let us all know so we can start making noise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City