U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 09:38 AM

55 posts, read 104,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilmin View Post
don't you get the whole thrust of this thread lady--- we don't care. Goodnight and if you are going to move again please let us all know so we can start making noise.
I know some noisy people, maybe they should move to where u live, so u can enjoy each other, no one cares about you!

Oh, perhaps the next door people and you should move in together to save on $$$ and alike-minded people should stay together anyway, right!

Last edited by kimss; 02-25-2014 at 10:21 AM..

Old 02-25-2014, 09:46 AM

20,344 posts, read 20,193,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimss View Post
Yeah, the NYPD is really smart, like they solved the problem, they went to the wrong apartment instead, apparently you are well-informed!
did you give them the wrong address by mistake? that's probably what happened, if at first you don't succeed, try, try again.

Old 02-25-2014, 09:54 AM

15,782 posts, read 18,206,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
Here's 2 things I did when my next door neighbors from hell used to keep me up at night, stomping, banging, the whole nine yards.

Funny how I never heard them on a Saturday or Sunday morning, not till noon at least. They walked like elephants. Anyway, light bulb moment.....they are sleepers.

So fortunately my kitchen is back to back with their bathroom - bedroom....so on a Saturday morning 7am...I would take one of my scatter rugs, and open the kitchen window and shake it out the window, thus banging on the bricks, echoing loudly thru the courtyard, thus making the people below them, their 2 pit bulls used to bark like crazy and that totally woke them up, then I would hear thier footsteps....

Then not to annoy everyone with the rug thing, I had hooked up a second set of speakers in my kitchen, so I could have music on in there and not my living room.....so on a Sat & Sun, at 5 am, (I am actually an early riser anyway), I would pump the stereo, and slam my kitchen drawers till I heard footsteps......

I also did the buzzer thing when I would come home a club on a Saturday night around 4ish.....ring, ring, ring.....I almost hated myself, but I got over it.

After a while they got the message, especially when I called the LL and said I was making no more payments till he did something about it.

It finally subsided. He must have done something.
Anyway, after 61/2 years they finally moved. They were a horrible noisy couple. They weren't doing anything wrong, they were just noisy in everything they did.

Then another young couple moved in, it was like living next door to ghosts. Never heard them. Funny how one couple could be so loud in everything, and the other quiet. Go figure that one out.

There has since been many people living in the apt next to me, but now we have a nice family, other than regular footsteps, I love them.

You will have to figure out a way to torture them, it is the only solution.
Seriously..Your story seems a bit like the chicken and the egg analogy which came first....your noisy behavior or theirs.

Old 02-25-2014, 09:55 AM

55 posts, read 104,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by likeminas View Post
Maybe they didn't go to your building at all. You ever thought of that?

Sgt probably said "just appease that PITA lady. If she calls, tell her that we spoke to her neighbor already"

After all It's not like the NYPD doesn't have more pressing issues to attend than a neighbor making noise during day hours.
Have you thought, you got nothing going on but to assume and instigate things. Yeah, the NYPD was knocking you out just for fun and for being the low-grade whack job that you are. #getlost

Last edited by kimss; 02-25-2014 at 10:23 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City