U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 02-13-2014, 11:45 PM
 
361 posts, read 339,002 times
Reputation: 525

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimss View Post
The police doesn't do much actually, they refused to intervene when there was upstairs neighbor who purposely banged the floor and made so much noise even during the night . The police basically said, "we can only ask them to turn down the music, nothing we can do about this." And, that was the reason for the move, and now this, I didn't call the cops because I didn't know how much they would help in the first place and I had called the local precinct to report the incident and they said, these people can be arrested if I saw them banging the door and that would be through the official report. And, plus due to previous police experience and not wanting to start anything, I just didn't file any report.

But, I want to thank some of you, who gave me a great feedback, in terms of finding a way to torture these people. I frankly do the same thing they do now. I just bang the floor hard, and I did that last night, and I heard them scream and then they started banging the walls. I just don't respond back when they are making the noise but I just do make noise at other random time. I think, they subsided in terms of banging,slamming, etc but not stopped. Apparently, they seem to get the message. I don't know if they are going to stop all together or what. And, no idea why have they been doing this to begin with. I do want to call the cops if they start banging the door again, I am just so stressed to deal with the cops and psychotic neighbors, apparently it's the same precinct as the old neighborhood one and I am single person living here so only so much I can do..I was feeling so bad on the day of incident considering previous neighbor and police history. I just don't know how to deal with psychotic people.
you need to get out when you hear them banging on your door. Get a baseball bat, swing cross their face and guilty free. I done it once, knocked out neighbors knee and cops sided with me.

 
Old 02-14-2014, 03:07 AM
 
898 posts, read 738,257 times
Reputation: 1618
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowplayer2 View Post
you need to get out when you hear them banging on your door. Get a baseball bat, swing cross their face and guilty free. I done it once, knocked out neighbors knee and cops sided with me.
Are you suggesting the OP physically assault her neighbors? That's risky. Your cops sided with you. Hers might not. She could end up in jail. Never any guarantee of how the police, or a judge or jury, will react.
 
Old 02-14-2014, 10:47 AM
 
361 posts, read 339,002 times
Reputation: 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinema Cat View Post
Are you suggesting the OP physically assault her neighbors? That's risky. Your cops sided with you. Hers might not. She could end up in jail. Never any guarantee of how the police, or a judge or jury, will react.
nah, i meant when their neighbor deliberately bang on OP's door. Get out quick and teach them a lesson.
 
Old 02-14-2014, 02:57 PM
 
55 posts, read 101,834 times
Reputation: 15
Apparently, they cracked the door with a bat and they also bang the floor hard with the bat. And, yesterday night, I hit the floor again and they knocked on the door. And, I don't have a bat, I can't hit them with a bat. I don't get this if they don't like the noise when I make, then why are they continue to bang the floor/slam walls themselves.

Also, this apartment was empty for the whole year as the other owner was trying to sell it and then this current owner bought it and I rented it. I don't know why they are doing this maybe because they think they can get away harassing a single girl, also maybe they don't want anyone living here in the apartment since it was empty over a year, etc. Apparently, they are trying to scare me and no wonder they cracked the door when the very first time, I just knocked back when they were making noise. And, that's how normal people react? Just plain psychos.
 
Old 02-14-2014, 08:34 PM
 
3,246 posts, read 4,033,203 times
Reputation: 2535
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimss View Post
I don't have a bat, I can't hit them with a bat.
Buy a bat. Practice.
 
Old 02-14-2014, 09:04 PM
 
55 posts, read 101,834 times
Reputation: 15
Are you guys serious about the bat? I prefer more taser or the pepper spray, I rather buy those.
 
Old 02-14-2014, 09:58 PM
 
4,956 posts, read 4,692,759 times
Reputation: 3328
What does the owner say about the cracked door? Do you have any BIG guy friends? If so have them come over and then the two of you can go to the their door. Have him say some words to these people and let them know he's around if they start any trouble (even if he isn't). Let them believe he also lives there.
 
Old 02-14-2014, 10:19 PM
 
55 posts, read 101,834 times
Reputation: 15
I have not told the owner about the cracked door, it's a condo apartment, when I moved in I told him about the banging noise (I thought, it was the upstairs neighbors before) /and hot water issue when upstairs neighbors flush, he apparently wasn't too happy with my complaining. He just said, "even though, you have a lease, you can move, if it's driving you crazy," so I haven't told him yet, and he probably would just tell me the same thing. I want to speak to cops first, if these people bang the door again. My friends are all civil and educated sort and they were all just shocked. Unfortunately, I don't know any "big guy," etc.

Last edited by kimss; 02-14-2014 at 10:40 PM..
 
Old 02-14-2014, 10:39 PM
 
1,289 posts, read 1,763,339 times
Reputation: 2143
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimss View Post
I have not told the owner about the cracked door, it's a condo apartment, when I moved in I told him about the banging noise (I thought, it was the upstairs neighbors before) /and hot water issue when upstairs neighbors flush, he apparently wasn't too happy with my complaining. He just said, "even though, you have a lease, you can move, if it's driving you crazy," so I haven't told him yet, and he probably would just tell me the same thing. I want to speak to cops first, if these people bang the door again. My friends are all civil and educated sort and they were all just shocked. I don't know any "big guy," etc, plus I am not even comfortable about talking about this situation to folks I know because people judge you based on that.
Listen, you need to stop whining and complaining about this and really do something about it. You have repeated over and over again about how these people have cracked your door and make all this noise but you have done nothing about it. You called the cops and had the opportunity to do something about it but you didn't. Now you want people to hear your story and sympathize for you.

Several people gave you advice. Now, instead of repeating yourself and complaining about it you really need to do something about it. Here are your options:
1. Call the cops again and tell them they they were trying to break down your door and you want to press charges.
2. Take matters into your own hands and get a bat and a very loud boom box and take your revenge. Yeah, you might be met with some hostility but that is the risk you will have to take
3. Move.

You need to think real hard about this and figure out your next move. Don't come back here and try to peddle sympathy. No one wants to hear your story anymore. Its time for you to make a move. Let us know what you decide to do and how it went.
 
Old 02-14-2014, 11:32 PM
 
55 posts, read 101,834 times
Reputation: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeken View Post
Listen, you need to stop whining and complaining about this and really do something about it. You have repeated over and over again about how these people have cracked your door and make all this noise but you have done nothing about it. You called the cops and had the opportunity to do something about it but you didn't. Now you want people to hear your story and sympathize for you.

Several people gave you advice. Now, instead of repeating yourself and complaining about it you really need to do something about it. Here are your options:
1. Call the cops again and tell them they they were trying to break down your door and you want to press charges.
2. Take matters into your own hands and get a bat and a very loud boom box and take your revenge. Yeah, you might be met with some hostility but that is the risk you will have to take
3. Move.

You need to think real hard about this and figure out your next move. Don't come back here and try to peddle sympathy. No one wants to hear your story anymore. Its time for you to make a move. Let us know what you decide to do and how it went.
Hey, I have tried the suggestions that others offered in terms of torturing them, as I said, I also bang the floor and which made them react, and it's apparently affected them. And, I said, I do play music off my laptop, etc. And, like I said, I am calling the cops again if they bang the door again, and if I press charges then I have to file an official report, which goes into police record, etc. Not sure, I want to be in police's database.

I just replied to others, and not whining, etc. Obviously, I am not going to break laws and get a bat and fight obviously.

And, yes complaining as it's a complaint forum, no need to be rude. You don't need to read and reply if it annoys you. And, I am not trying to get sympathy but other's opinion as I don't want to make the problem worse. Thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread




Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top