U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2014, 03:01 AM

25 posts, read 202,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
should have had them arrested and solve your problem and nip it right in the bud.
They sound like they're either getting high or they're mentally ill. Either way, I would have had them arrested.

Old 02-16-2014, 02:28 PM

55 posts, read 106,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinema Cat View Post
I'm not sure if that will prove how loud the original noise was. Recorders/players have volume controls. How do you prove what was the original volume?

Better to back up any recording with witnesses who likewise heard it. And better they be objective witnesses -- the super, rather than friends or family.

Even so, I'm beginning to think this has escalated into a case of mutual aggression. The OP sounds like she's become quite the noise machine herself, annoying other tenants so that now they're banging their ceilings. A cycle of noise-making, each neighbor responding to, and ramping up, the others' noise.

Actually, it's the next door neighbors not downstairs one. I was just taking the suggestions of everyone that I needed to find a way to torture them in return, that's all, and apparently, it has worked to an extent, but I don't want to annoy the downstairs neighbors. But I have to call the cops regarding the cracked door nonetheless. Thanks

Old 02-16-2014, 04:31 PM

252 posts, read 466,628 times
They might be having sex thats why the furniture is moving like that. I had a downstairs neighbor hate me because of this :/

Old 02-18-2014, 07:58 AM

161 posts, read 128,253 times
Are they still banging on the walls? I used to work late so I would get home late & my downstairs neighbor would bang on the walls anytime I walked around. I then started banging back, she didn't like that too much.

Old 02-18-2014, 08:56 AM

1,060 posts, read 1,567,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meli722 View Post
They might be having sex thats why the furniture is moving like that. I had a downstairs neighbor hate me because of this :/

that's probably because they are into animal protection.

Old 02-18-2014, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicgrrl View Post
Are they still banging on the walls? I used to work late so I would get home late & my downstairs neighbor would bang on the walls anytime I walked around. I then started banging back, she didn't like that too much.
Well, since I started to make noise in return at random times they subsided and yesterday was all quiet but this morning they are making noise. If they make noise in the night time, at least I can call the cops to just report the noise and the cracked door. I hate to call the cops in the day time and sort of create drama for everyone's viewing.

Old 02-18-2014, 10:22 AM

898 posts, read 930,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimss View Post
Yeah, without any life but just trolling city-data forum, that's your sad existence lady! I bet, downstairs lady is hitting the ceiling again for a good cause! You are pathetic, still here! You got sad life!
I just want to say having read some of your replies, GOD you must be an annoying neighbor. No wonder your neighbors hate you. I can imagine you sitting there in a quiet room, listening for any peep and going off at the wall next to you.

Listen, call the cops, talk to them directly or move on with your life lady! Nobody here is going to personally come and fix your problems for you. Or you can move. Either way, stop being such a nasty human being. Playing noise wars is honestly for children and old ladies. are you a child, or an old lady?

Old 02-18-2014, 10:52 AM

2,898 posts, read 4,921,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimss View Post
I hate to call the cops in the day time and sort of create drama for everyone's viewing.
You work nights?
As fas as I know daytime is not quiet time anywhere. Unless they're being extremely loud I don't think anyone will take you seriously.

Btw, Are you calling 911, 311 or the precinct directly?

And How fast do you expect them to show up for a noise complaint?

Old 02-18-2014, 11:33 AM

15,218 posts, read 23,690,860 times
my partner complains about the teenage boy next to us, i have to remind him, its only 7pm. you cant complain, that isnt fair.

noise overflow in an apartment building happens. but it shoi;ldnt happen after 1opm, that itsnt fair

Old 02-18-2014, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayoitzrimz View Post
I just want to say having read some of your replies, GOD you must be an annoying neighbor. No wonder your neighbors hate you. I can imagine you sitting there in a quiet room, listening for any peep and going off at the wall next to you.

Listen, call the cops, talk to them directly or move on with your life lady! Nobody here is going to personally come and fix your problems for you. Or you can move. Either way, stop being such a nasty human being. Playing noise wars is honestly for children and old ladies. are you a child, or an old lady?
Excuse me, you apparently don't know and those replies were for a particular troll, apparently you didn't read everything. Anyway, I only started making noise at the suggestions of so many people at this forum that I had to find a way to torture them back. These psychos are deliberately making noise and I don't hit walls, even when I walk by they get off on that and start banging walls and my door. If I make noise, that's an issue for them, what the hell have they been doing to begin with. I am not an annoying neighbor but the opposite, or "nasty human being," and apparently you seem to be nasty for calling someone who you don't even know. Bye bye, thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City