U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-18-2014, 01:50 PM

55 posts, read 35,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by likeminas View Post
You work nights?
As fas as I know daytime is not quiet time anywhere. Unless they're being extremely loud I don't think anyone will take you seriously.

Btw, Are you calling 911, 311 or the precinct directly?

And How fast do you expect them to show up for a noise complaint?
I am just home today, it's not so much of noise but harassment. Banging walls and someone's door don't fall under "daytime noise," but an harassment. I would call the local precinct to report the cracked door and continuous disturbance.

Old 02-18-2014, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
my partner complains about the teenage boy next to us, i have to remind him, its only 7pm. you cant complain, that isnt fair.

noise overflow in an apartment building happens. but it shoi;ldnt happen after 1opm, that itsnt fair

Yeah, except this isn't "normal," noise, these people are psychotic and they bang the floor with a bat against the wall, which shakes the whole floor, they slam furniture/bed, and if I make any noise, then they go on a rampage, this is harassment more than anything. And, they are deliberately making noise.

Old 02-18-2014, 01:57 PM

2,821 posts, read 2,546,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimss View Post
Anyway, I only started making noise at the suggestions of so many people at this forum that I had to find a way to torture them back.

Here's what you said:

Quote:
So yesterday, I finally figured it out, it's next door neighbors banging/slamming furniture against the shared walls, so I knocked on the wall couple of times.
Basically, you started retaliating even before anyone here told you do so.

Not a smart first approach, imho.

Quote:
I am just home today, it's not so much of noise but harassment. Banging walls and someone's door don't fall under "daytime noise," but an harassment. I would call the local precinct to report the cracked door and continuous disturbance.

What kind of harrasment, please describe.

And what evidence do you have that they cracked the door? You have video recording or witnesses to back you up?
For all we know, your neighbors can claim the crack was done by you.

Also, you said you wrote a note letting them know they were being too loud.
Can you transcribe the note here?

Old 02-18-2014, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Here's what you said:

And what evidence do you have that they cracked the door? You have video recording or witnesses to back you up?

FYI-it was 12:00AM, so banging noise going on at that time, slamming of furniture, etc. I just knocked to get their attention, and that's it. And, they started banging the walls and then the door, yes, people like you can claim anything. Again, this isn't your post to troll please, and why are you even commenting if you are disputing everything. It's not about you!

Old 02-18-2014, 02:07 PM

270 posts, read 141,002 times
Ok I think it's about past due that city data members start ignoring this thread. OP obviously is set in her ways and won't take much advice.

Old 02-18-2014, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Here's what you said:

Banging walls/doors, furniture against walls and then cracking a door with a bat are all forms of harassment! Maybe, your thinking is similar to these psychotic people! GOod luck with your life!

Old 02-18-2014, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Here's what you said:

I didn't start "retaliating," it's just a knock, to get their attention to what they doing, just like a knock on the door, not bang, and that's all, and then they just went ballistic. You obviously haven't met these people, so you wouldn't know. And, these aren't normal people to begin with, because normal person would get the message to shut up as it's 12:00AM.

Old 02-18-2014, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Are you another troll or something? FYI-it was 12:00AM, so banging noise going on at that time, slamming of furniture, etc. I just knocked to get their attention, and that's it. And, they started banging the walls and then the door, yes, people like you can claim anything. Again, this isn't your post to troll please, and why are you even commenting if you are disputing everything. It's not about you! BYE BYE!

So your neighbors are the crazy psychos, not you, right?

You said you started to retaliate only after it was suggested to you by people on this forum, which it's not true.

I'm not disputing everything... Only the holes in your story.

Old 02-18-2014, 02:19 PM

Quote:
So your neighbors are the crazy psychos, not you, right?

You said you started to retaliate only after it was suggested to you by people on this forum, which it's not true.

I'm not disputing everything... Only the holes in your story.
Only "holes" are in your comprehension, and that's a knock after three months of hearing the noise. Can u stop trolling? I started making noise after the cracked door incident the next day. A knock is not a retaliation. Again, trolls are not needed, neither your opinion counts because you acting like these psychotic people!

Old 02-18-2014, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Only "holes" are in your comprehension, and that's a knock after three months of hearing the noise. Can u stop trolling? I started making noise after the cracked door incident the next day.
Another hole in your story.

By your own admissionn you knocked the shared wall BEFORE the so-called crack.

Here's what you said.

Quote:
So yesterday, I finally figured it out, it's next door neighbors banging/slamming furniture against the shared walls, so I knocked on the wall couple of times, and then they started banging loudly and then it was like 12:15AM and they started banging my main door so loudly, I was shocked, and then I noticed there was a crack in the door.
Quote:
A knock is not a retaliation. Again, trolls are not needed, neither your opinion counts because you acting like these psychotic people!

Yes that's retaliation. And you've knocked the shared wall several times. Not just once.
An adult would've gone talk to them, face to face, to assess the situation.
What you're doing is what kids do back in the college dorm.

Quote:
I have started to play metal music for an hour or so against the wall from my laptop but don't think laptop is very loud. I wish I knew someone who was aggressive enough to threaten them. Psychotic people are hard to deal with..
So not only you're retaliating and escalating the situation but you're also bothering your other neighbors in the process? That's not nice. They might not want to partake in your noise war games, you know.

Last edited by likeminas; 02-18-2014 at 02:47 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City