U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 10:47 AM

55 posts, read 104,848 times

Advertisements

So I moved here in the apartment 3 months ago and I notice there was constant banging/loud thuds coming from somewhere. I thought it was upstairs people, as they would slam the toilet and play some drum music. I wasn't sure as the floors would vibrate and seemed like downstairs neighbors might be hitting the ceiling, it was so confusing. And, the noise was always from in the closet/shared walls constant. I had left a really nice two line notes to next door neighbors in case the noise was from them. So yesterday, I finally figured it out, it's next door neighbors banging/slamming furniture against the shared walls, so I knocked on the wall couple of times, and then they started banging loudly and then it was like 12:15AM and they started banging my main door so loudly, I was shocked, and then I noticed there was a crack in the door.

And, I live alone single girl, they apparently felt at advantage to be banging the door loudly in the middle of night at 12:15AM...This is a condo apt, and I am renting. I had spoken to the condo owner about the noise, as I first thought it was upstairs people. Because the next door neighbors seemed friendly so I thought, Asian people, saw an old guy, and some other guy... I called the police about the cracked door to just get their opinion. They said, the neighbors can be arrested, etc. And, since I didn't want to start problems, and I said, I would see how the situation folds. What should I do?

Old 02-10-2014, 10:53 AM

15,185 posts, read 23,509,550 times
should have had them arrested and solve your problem and nip it right in the bud.

Old 02-10-2014, 11:32 AM

4,823 posts, read 6,855,417 times
If someone banged on my door so hard that they cracked it, I would have had them arrested on the spot. Screw being nice. These people sound like maniacs.

Old 02-10-2014, 11:45 AM

17 posts, read 86,489 times
Maybe they're having sex. Leave them alone.

Old 02-10-2014, 12:07 PM

1,060 posts, read 1,554,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimss View Post
So I moved here in the apartment 3 months ago and I notice there was constant banging/loud thuds coming from somewhere. I thought it was upstairs people, as they would slam the toilet and play some drum music. I wasn't sure as the floors would vibrate and seemed like downstairs neighbors might be hitting the ceiling, it was so confusing. And, the noise was always from in the closet/shared walls constant. I had left a really nice two line notes to next door neighbors in case the noise was from them. So yesterday, I finally figured it out, it's next door neighbors banging/slamming furniture against the shared walls, so I knocked on the wall couple of times, and then they started banging loudly and then it was like 12:15AM and they started banging my main door so loudly, I was shocked, and then I noticed there was a crack in the door.

And, I live alone single girl, they apparently felt at advantage to be banging the door loudly in the middle of night at 12:15AM...This is a condo apt, and I am renting. I had spoken to the condo owner about the noise, as I first thought it was upstairs people. Because the next door neighbors seemed friendly so I thought, Asian people, saw an old guy, and some other guy... I called the police about the cracked door to just get their opinion. They said, the neighbors can be arrested, etc. And, since I didn't want to start problems, and I said, I would see how the situation folds. What should I do?

If you are in the right then for sure call the police . They obviously were there to threaten you.

Old 02-10-2014, 12:10 PM

927 posts, read 1,309,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVDY GVGV View Post
Maybe they're having sex. Leave them alone.
Not when they knocked on her door, leaving a crack in it... Or maybe they were?

Old 02-10-2014, 12:43 PM

1,060 posts, read 1,554,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKiwi View Post
Not when they knocked on her door, leaving a crack in it... Or maybe they were?

if they were please leave your address if you decide to move. I am looking for a place to move to

Old 02-10-2014, 02:12 PM

390 posts, read 363,045 times
get them arrested, get a recorder. No need to be nice to barbarians.

Old 02-10-2014, 07:33 PM

2,127 posts, read 2,119,001 times
Your friend is a BOAT HORN. The kind they use to notify you of half time on the soccer field. THEY ARE LOUD. I've had troubles before and the only way to cure it is make it just as annoying for your neighbor as it is for you. That is if management doesn't help you out.

Sometimes if I woke up early I'd buzz their intercom buzzer like mad then walk away.

Hey sometimes you need to get just as ugly or else people won't give a damn.

Sorry. Hope it works out for you.

Old 02-11-2014, 06:45 AM

15,185 posts, read 23,509,550 times
Here's 2 things I did when my next door neighbors from hell used to keep me up at night, stomping, banging, the whole nine yards.

Funny how I never heard them on a Saturday or Sunday morning, not till noon at least. They walked like elephants. Anyway, light bulb moment.....they are sleepers.

So fortunately my kitchen is back to back with their bathroom - bedroom....so on a Saturday morning 7am...I would take one of my scatter rugs, and open the kitchen window and shake it out the window, thus banging on the bricks, echoing loudly thru the courtyard, thus making the people below them, their 2 pit bulls used to bark like crazy and that totally woke them up, then I would hear thier footsteps....

Then not to annoy everyone with the rug thing, I had hooked up a second set of speakers in my kitchen, so I could have music on in there and not my living room.....so on a Sat & Sun, at 5 am, (I am actually an early riser anyway), I would pump the stereo, and slam my kitchen drawers till I heard footsteps......

I also did the buzzer thing when I would come home a club on a Saturday night around 4ish.....ring, ring, ring.....I almost hated myself, but I got over it.

After a while they got the message, especially when I called the LL and said I was making no more payments till he did something about it.

It finally subsided. He must have done something.
Anyway, after 61/2 years they finally moved. They were a horrible noisy couple. They weren't doing anything wrong, they were just noisy in everything they did.

Then another young couple moved in, it was like living next door to ghosts. Never heard them. Funny how one couple could be so loud in everything, and the other quiet. Go figure that one out.

There has since been many people living in the apt next to me, but now we have a nice family, other than regular footsteps, I love them.

You will have to figure out a way to torture them, it is the only solution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City