Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 03:54 PM

1 posts, read 12,727 times

Advertisements

I was wondering is it possible for Corona Queens to become the next Williamsburg? Although I do live in Corona but only for 2 years I was wondering is it far from becoming the next Williamsburg I mean I know there is gangs and drugs and your shootings there but im about to have a boy and we are not the richest so we are not really going to able to afford a new place in a better neighborhood so I want to know how far is it off from becoming the next Williamsburg? Please answer? Has Woodside been gentrified yet because I heard it was kinda shady there and excuse my ignorance but i moved from Miami to NYC looking for a better future but sadly I couldnt find it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2014, 06:26 PM

4,840 posts, read 9,911,437 times
It definitely isnt one of the worst in Queens crime wise but Corona will never be a Williamsburg. Its too overcrowded, and the hispanics there are having way too many kids for that area to change.

Old 02-11-2014, 06:32 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,307,745 times
It doesn't have that great of subway service either. All it has is the 7 line. Woodside on the other hand probably has the best subway access in all of Queens. Except maybe for LIC. Woodside also has the LIRR. Woodside isn't that shady and never really was. It also has much more diversity than Corona.

Old 02-11-2014, 06:37 PM

4,840 posts, read 9,911,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
It doesn't have that great of subway service either. All it has is the 7 line. Woodside on the other hand probably has the best subway access in all of Queens. Except maybe for LIC. Woodside also has the LIRR. Woodside isn't that shady and never really was. It also has much more diversity than Corona.
Woodside is a decent area that I wouldn't mind living in, except there's not a lot of things special about the area. But at least public transportation is very good there.

Old 02-11-2014, 06:42 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,307,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomDan515 View Post
Woodside is a decent area that I wouldn't mind living in, except there's not a lot of things special about the area. But at least public transportation is very good there.
If you like to eat a wide variety of ethnic food, you'll find something to do. There are some pubs around, more so towards Sunnyside. There used to be that pool hall/bowling ally on Queens blvd, but not sure it's still even there.

Old 02-11-2014, 08:18 PM

18 posts, read 86,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomDan515 View Post
It definitely isnt one of the worst in Queens crime wise but Corona will never be a Williamsburg. Its too overcrowded, and the hispanics there are having way too many kids for that area to change.
Its not the worst but it is listed among one of the worst neighborhoods in Queens due to the NYPD Crime statistics Corona is divided into North And South Corona , North Corona is patrolled by the 115th pct and South Corona by the 110th pct most the crime in those precincts does come from Corona and then again alot of the crime in Corona isnt reported due to it being a immigrant community they fear being deported so most the time they dont call 911 then again you wouldnt know what really happens there unless you live there and I have lived there as kid but now I live in nice neighborhood Whitestone

Old 02-11-2014, 08:19 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,957,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
If you like to eat a wide variety of ethnic food, you'll find something to do. There are some pubs around, more so towards Sunnyside. There used to be that pool hall/bowling ally on Queens blvd, but not sure it's still even there.
Not only is there a great deal of ethnic food, you're very close to Midtown Manhattan by public transportation. And there are local pubs and bars around. Its a nice area. You also aren't that far from Astoria and LIC.

Old 02-11-2014, 08:21 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,957,680 times
Public transportation in Corona is not bad. You have the 7 train which works fine. Parts of Corona are within walking distance of the Queens Boulevard like. You could walk to local stops such as Elmhurst Avenue, Grand Ave, and Woodhaven Blvd from parts of Corona.

11,554 posts, read 9,319,964 times
My only problem with Woodside is that it seems very boring; there's nothing there but ethnic food. I mean ethnic food is important, but I'd wanna live somewhere with karaoke, apartments (I love living with a couple of roommates, living by yourself is boring), hookah bars, and Latin women

18 posts, read 86,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Not only is there a great deal of ethnic food, you're very close to Midtown Manhattan by public transportation. And there are local pubs and bars around. Its a nice area. You also aren't that far from Astoria and LIC.
I agree Astoria and LIC are very nice neighborhoods
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City