Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2014, 12:22 PM

575 posts, read 669,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iHateNYPD View Post
This is why FELONS never get a fair shot.
Did you know chances are less than 1% that man will do harm to you?

People dont (sic) commit crimes on random stranger especially when unprovoked.

NO, I did not know that.

and

OH REALLY ????? You don't seriously believe this do you ??????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2014, 11:05 PM

99 posts, read 143,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalKaos View Post
NO, I did not know that.

and

OH REALLY ????? You don't seriously believe this do you ??????
No, im just going to defy all logic and statistics and just stick to my preconceived notions.
You probably have associated with a few murderers or people who BEAT murder charges and dont even know it. It's not like it's their job or obligation to tell you. Heck, you probably even rode the subway this morning and rubbed elbows with a few of them. Your still alive right ? It's a small world buddy. Just think of all the people who have KILLED and HAVE NOT been caught by police. It's a bigger percentage than you'd think. I see you have not even began to explore the thought of this. Live in your 'safety bubble' and keep thinking everyone is out to 'get' you.

Old 03-11-2014, 07:58 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,046,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beejay24/7 View Post
I did a background check on a prospective tenant, he had no credit history and it turned out that he had been convicted of murder, his apartment is going to be above my office, I know some people would say he's done his time but I'm worried about the legal liability if he does something to a co tenant , or what happens if he decides he doesn't want to pay rent ? he has no credit history presumably because he spent a lot of time in jail, OTOH , I do feel bad for him and I know he needs to leave his current place very soon, I more or less promised to let him have the place before I found out about this murder 1 conviction, and I really need the money. Would you give him a chance ?
OP, any updates? How is it going with the tenant?

Old 03-26-2014, 05:20 AM

103 posts, read 225,518 times

Well he had a guarantor that really went to bat for him, and I figured I'll give him a shot, so he's signed the lease , and I'll keep y'all posted anyone wants to start a pool ?, odds on us landing up in landlord tenant court, versus us in a shoot out, versus both of us living happily ever after in perfect landlord tenant harmony ?

Old 03-26-2014, 07:02 AM

18,898 posts, read 13,788,646 times
90% - 9% - 1%

Old 03-26-2014, 07:39 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,603,730 times
Quote:
Why not ?, not trying to be funny, I'm just really wrestling with this, I feel a little guilty -it's like I'm discriminating against him because of his past
It's not discriminating against his past, it's being diligent about your future.

Old 03-26-2014, 08:22 AM

12,340 posts, read 26,046,728 times
Quote:

Well he had a guarantor that really went to bat for him, and I figured I'll give him a shot, so he's signed the lease , and I'll keep y'all posted anyone wants to start a pool ?, odds on us landing up in landlord tenant court, versus us in a shoot out, versus both of us living happily ever after in perfect landlord tenant harmony ?
Good luck. Truly hope it works out well for both of you.

Old 03-26-2014, 08:27 AM

33,695 posts, read 46,937,859 times
Quote:

Definitely keep us posted.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 03-26-2014, 09:10 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,856,704 times
Quote:

Well, it's a done deal so don't worry about anything unless problems arise, since you made your decision and he settled in. You were going to have a hard time getting good tenants due to your neighborhood, so I think it's good you took a risk. I hope it works well.

Old 03-26-2014, 04:16 PM

943 posts, read 1,194,834 times
Murder Convict, eh?

Nope.avi

If it's white collar crime however, you should expect rent payments in advance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City