Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2017, 01:02 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,941,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEMINI621 View Post
Hey Citymerlot, am undecided on that one been asking around and hearing SA is better career and pay wise but the benefits aren't
DC37 benefits are definitely better than the OSA. But most folks would prefer the higher pay and career track, which you will see with the SA track. A lot of agencies hire and will be easier to move up with the SA track as there will be more vacancies currently and in the future. Hard to move up from the PAA track.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2018, 09:47 AM

1,034 posts, read 671,996 times
there is a new sa trainee exam scheduled for 2018. Those of you who have taken the exam previously, do you have any advise or tips on passing with flying colors ?
How are you fitting into your new career ?
If the number of applicants was 6000 as some say, why are they administering a new exam so soon?
Thanks for any insights.

Old 01-15-2018, 11:36 AM

3,403 posts, read 3,572,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by speediestevie View Post
there is a new sa trainee exam scheduled for 2018. Those of you who have taken the exam previously, do you have any advise or tips on passing with flying colors ?
If the number of applicants was 6000 as some say, why are they administering a new exam so soon?
Thanks for any insights.
I took the exam like back in 2014, and the reason that they are giving out another exam is because the previous one expire after 4 years (of course, they can renew it, but in this case they won't because there were still plenty of people on the list were not called).

When I took the exam, it was pretty much reading comprehensive and some basic math calculation. Definitely bring a calculator, but make sure to bring the most basic calculator. When I said basic, meaning it should only be able to do subtractions, multiplication, division, and addition. If you get a scientific calculator, you will not be permitted to even have it out. If this upcoming exam is computerize exam like the last one, then you should know your score when you finish your exam. However, the score is not final because there is a protest period where people can protest their answer is better than the answer they decided in the first place. If the protest win, then everyone's final score get adjusted base on however number of questions are change.

Old 01-31-2018, 12:26 PM

82 posts, read 174,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by speediestevie View Post
Thanks for any insights.
I took the SA trainee on 2014. I was on the list and my list number is 2xxx. I did badly on SA trainee because I did not manage my time wisely. I took the SA a year later and my list number is 5xx. I was appointed as SA tittle now. I think practice a lot of questions will help. There are no particular subject to study. You must know your basic math, grammar and vocabulary; read fast and understand what are the questions asking (they are tricky). Manage your time and double check your answer. There will be a lot of people taking the exam and only the people on the top of the list have a chance to get called and to be interviewed. Good luck.

Old 07-09-2018, 07:03 PM

87 posts, read 101,925 times
Does anyone know what the last number that was called since the list has been closed?

Old 07-28-2019, 07:14 AM

269 posts, read 334,415 times
Hi all -

This thread has been really helpful. THANK YOU! I took the SAT and SA in 2018 and both lists are out now. Feels like I'm going through exactly what you folks talked about a few years ago.

I'm about 600's in both lists. Anyone know how long hiring takes? I heard only top 200 get called for hiring pools.

Also, any advice about agencies people like working for?

Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City