Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2014, 09:20 AM

34,091 posts, read 47,293,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
I posted this after it happened when I had already made the decision/s what to do. The reason I posted it as I was curious what other people would have done in similar situations.

Since I have been living in this building since 2000 or so, this is the first time this has happened and there haven't been "ghetto" people here in the past. But in the past few years there has been a turnover of tenants in the apartment directly above mine.
OP, what neighborhood do you live in?

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2014, 09:48 AM

1,058 posts, read 1,993,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Why do persons run to their computer and post these sort of questions? It is almost as bad as those persons that run for their cell phone camera and go *towards* a shooting or other criminal activity.

Answer to OP's query is the same as it was ten, twenty or even thirty years ago; call the police! If you don't feel comfortable calling 911 you should telephone your local precinct and explain the situation to the officer that answers the call. He or she will make the decision to either escalate things to 911 or send a patrol car around to investigate.
Or more likely in this city do nothing as they have more pressing problems. If they had a car a block away they may get there within an hour or so
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City