Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 10:02 AM

943 posts, read 1,198,371 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85dumbo View Post
The area by the dog park is pretty serene. I'm assuming you are talking about some of those wood cladded houses on Middagh street. Its a quiet hood, no crime, full of yuppies with strollers and dogs. Its elevated above the BQE so you really wont notice highway noise, and there is no flood risk. Its a boring hood (which is good), you can hop over to manhattan easily via 2 or A/C train or take a cab since you are a bitcoin millionaire.
Yes, Middagh Street is where the property is located. Do you know anything else about the area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2014, 10:11 AM

2,770 posts, read 3,539,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous725 View Post
Yes, Middagh Street is where the property is located. Do you know anything else about the area?
Thats a prime area, good investment.
No crime, no drunks. Very quiet, yuppie family orientated neighborhood. You won't notice the BQE, and no flooding.
I would cash in your Bitcoins now, buy that property asap.
Setup one level for yourself, rent the rest out so you can have a steady income stream. Brooklyn Heights rents are high.
The area is landmarked, so maintaining your property within landmark rules can be costly, but prime NYC real estate is always a great investment.
I live nearby in DUMBO and my condo was the best investment I ever made.

Old 02-20-2014, 10:14 AM

Forgot to mention, there is a public school nearby, but Brooklyn Heights kids are well behaved so it shouldn't be an issue. I personally know someone who owns on Middagh street and they seem pretty happy.

Old 02-20-2014, 11:33 AM

445 posts, read 1,448,697 times
Middagh Street is nice. And with the proximity to Hillside Park and the dog run, you should get a dog!

If it's a wood frame house, though, add in more money for upkeep. Woodframe houses need to be painted regularly.

Old 02-20-2014, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillife View Post
Middagh Street is nice. And with the proximity to Hillside Park and the dog run, you should get a dog!

If it's a wood frame house, though, add in more money for upkeep. Woodframe houses need to be painted regularly.
I actually have a small dog.

Old 02-20-2014, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85dumbo View Post
Forgot to mention, there is a public school nearby, but Brooklyn Heights kids are well behaved so it shouldn't be an issue. I personally know someone who owns on Middagh street and they seem pretty happy.
So I shouldn't expect hobos, alcoholics, drunks, and people making their way back home from a night at the clubs?

Old 02-20-2014, 01:57 PM

Quote:
So I shouldn't expect hobos, alcoholics, drunks, and people making their way back home from a night at the clubs?
Thats a typical night in the West Village or LES, but not family friendly Brooklyn Heights. Brooklyn Heights is downright boring, but I see that as a positive.

Old 02-21-2014, 06:25 AM

Do you think I could earn $2,000/mo by renting out one of the bedrooms, furnished? I'd like to have a plan on being able to maintain the property (with insurance, repairs, etc) and pay property tax.

Old 02-22-2014, 09:43 PM

Thread Update: Can anyone else recommend me nice areas of Brooklyn and maybe places in Manhattan that I haven't discovered yet.

Old 02-24-2014, 07:13 AM

6,192 posts, read 7,355,014 times
Quote:
Thread Update: Can anyone else recommend me nice areas of Brooklyn and maybe places in Manhattan that I haven't discovered yet.
What are you looking for in terms of location? Are you looking for something very close to the city?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City