Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 08:48 AM

943 posts, read 1,194,717 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
There is a federal law against anyone under 21 owning a handgun. You could live in Montana; no handgun. You can apply for the NYC Rifle and Shotgun Permit if you so please, but your situation (if true), very likely involves a heavy amount of instigation on your part, so odds are you have reasons for denial in your past. Unless you are a scion of some large fortune, you can't possibly have a legitimate, non-criminal reason to explain professional hit men being dispatched against you.
I didn't know about that federal law. It wasn't a professional hit man, it was just some regular jo who wanted to earn a quick buck and thought he could scam the people who paid him, this was all reported to law enforcement, and the reason for them putting out a hit per se was nothing to do with any criminal behavior on my part.

So I would be eligible for an NYC Rifle/Shotgun Permit?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2014, 08:59 AM

4,167 posts, read 4,030,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous725 View Post
None of the information posted on this thread is personally identifiable. I haven't researched any of this, prior. All I knew was that NYC has stricter laws when the rest of the state and the country. I can't afford close protection officers, they would be a financial strain on me, I'd rather that burden on the state.
Why would 100 people have a grievance against you? Sounds like you were involved in something shady, was it related to bitcoins that you wrote about?

Old 02-23-2014, 09:08 AM

23,905 posts, read 32,221,693 times
Quote:
In New York State, you are unable to get a restraining order (or injunction against) for stalking and harassment, which has left me no other alternative but to consider acquiring a firearm (legally).

I currently have 32 individuals living in the metro area (and over 100 nationwide) who have a grievance against me, and if given the opportunity, would attempt to damage my property or cause physical harm against me. I receive death threats on a daily basis, along with horrible libel defamatory propaganda being spread about me, both online and through offline gossip, the type of propaganda that would get someone killed. That's why I'm considering getting a firearm, due to my age (18), I was wondering how difficult it would be to get a firearm for the home, and how difficult it would be to get a concealed carry permit, and what the requirements are.

A few people I know in the same position as me have been offered 24/7 police surveillance on their property (i.e. a police car outside their home), I know if I asked for this, I would probably be given it, since my current situation is apart of an ongoing federal investigation, which I can't really talk about as it is personally identifying. However, I don't want to live life by having a cop walk me to my mailbox every morning. I don't want to live in fear, waiting for someone to knock on my door with a weapon.

Previously, someone (not the same party as now) has paid to have me hurt physically (not killed, but unable to walk) and that person was paid $12,000, even though the person didn't attempt to do it, and informed me, I may not be as lucky as I was there in the future. NYC has a lot of poor people, and I wasn't in NYC when that situation happened.

If I'm unable to legally get a firearm, I may have to go through the 24/7 police surveillance route, which I really don't want to do (and I don't think the taxpayer would want that ) But I'm in a serious quandary. Sick of living in fear from crazy people.

I think that if you have 32 people who have a grievance against you, you should move. Far. Like Alaska.

Old 02-23-2014, 09:32 AM

1,963 posts, read 2,694,469 times
With that many people out to get you, you need to get into the WITSEC (witness security) program.

Old 02-23-2014, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaser199 View Post
With that many people out to get you, you need to get into the WITSEC (witness security) program.
I'm not eligible for federal WITSEC.

Old 02-23-2014, 09:47 AM

Wait. I actually could try and push for WITSEC, but that would expire sooner or later, and if I were to be a witness, it may provoke even more people to try and mess with me.

Old 02-23-2014, 09:53 AM

Quote:
I'm not eligible for federal WITSEC.
I kinda figured that, but I know a lot of folks in WITSEC with far fewer people out to get them. I'm not sure what you've done, or not done, but it would seem that you need to make yourself scarce.

Old 02-23-2014, 10:01 AM

Quote:
I kinda figured that, but I know a lot of folks in WITSEC with far fewer people out to get them. I'm not sure what you've done, or not done, but it would seem that you need to make yourself scarce.
So far I've been able to hide the address of my current residence, it's unlikely my current residence will get leaked, however, once I move, I'm concerned it will get leaked from there. Prevention of Detection is what I'm using now, but I'm not sure what I will do if my address gets leaked, I would be in a very vulnerable position. I was going to try and get a restraining order, but like I said, you're unable to get one here for harassment and stalking.

Old 02-23-2014, 10:05 AM

Quote:
So far I've been able to hide the address of my current residence, it's unlikely my current residence will get leaked, however, once I move, I'm concerned it will get leaked from there. Prevention of Detection is what I'm using now, but I'm not sure what I will do if my address gets leaked, I would be in a very vulnerable position. I was going to try and get a restraining order, but like I said, you're unable to get one here for harassment and stalking.
If you are being stalked and/or harassed as a part of a federal investigation, you would or should be receiving protection, and those who threaten you would be arrested under federal statutes.

Old 02-23-2014, 10:13 AM

Quote:
If you are being stalked and/or harassed as a part of a federal investigation, you would or should be receiving protection, and those who threaten you would be arrested under federal statutes.
My friends who have said they were willing to be a witness were offered 24/7 police presence outside of their home. If I'm being harassed and stalked by someone who is subject of a federal investigation, can I request protection without having to agree to being a witness?

A lot of people I know who are cooperating with law enforcement and SDNY prosecutors who have been harassed, sent threats and stalked by third-parties, and the common excuse given by law enforcement is that they don't have the resources necessary to investigate and charge multiple third-parties involved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City