Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2008, 10:36 AM

502 posts, read 1,009,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vantastic10 View Post
Sorry cRaPsHu,missed your post. Yeah he was a hard case but I messed up. I would have failed me as well. I admit I was nervous and should have taken my time instead of rushing through what I was told to do.

-10 warning device check(air brakes)...I didn't have the ignition key in the on position. (duh)

-10 fails to keep right.

-10 poor judgement approaching intersection or curve.

-15 fails to yield right of way

-15 railroad tracks,poor observation

Reason for Disqualification : Dangerous Action

60 points deducted. Passing is no more than 50 points.
Speaking from experience.....I took the road test the other day.....I realize that all the things we peactice....Like air brakes, inspection, driving, turns, hazzards, school zones....It all is different on the test....I think maybe you should have passed Van...They should understand that they expect people to do everything by the book on the test...But people driving buses and trucks drive unsafely and dangerous all the time.....We're on the road with thousands of cars.....We have to interact with them....

Old 04-04-2008, 10:50 AM

876 posts, read 2,142,107 times
Default CDL Class

I spoke to FBF and the cld classes is starting next week. I really dont know how they can be hiring more after what I read in the paper last week. They plan on laying off 609 san men, 3,872 cops, 500 firemen. The city needs money and I dont see another way of getting it. I was told the city has a hire to fire plan. They hire a new class just to lay them off. I dont know how true this is but I think it sucks. Many people quite jobs to take this job.
I hope that there are no layoffs since I just started in 06 and might be part of the layoff. Does anyone know if city time from other agencies count when they do layoffs. I know if you worked for police, fire, or mta that counts but what about other agencies. Thanks.

Old 04-04-2008, 11:14 AM

208 posts, read 438,689 times
52X, letter came today, reporting April 21st 8am

Old 04-04-2008, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNYSANMAN View Post
I spoke to FBF and the cld classes is starting next week. I really dont know how they can be hiring more after what I read in the paper last week. They plan on laying off 609 san men, 3,872 cops, 500 firemen. The city needs money and I dont see another way of getting it. I was told the city has a hire to fire plan. They hire a new class just to lay them off. I dont know how true this is but I think it sucks. Many people quite jobs to take this job.
I hope that there are no layoffs since I just started in 06 and might be part of the layoff. Does anyone know if city time from other agencies count when they do layoffs. I know if you worked for police, fire, or mta that counts but what about other agencies. Thanks.
I heard classes were starting April 28th...I can't see them starting next week when orientation is running throughout the next few weeks.....As far as layoffs, I hope it's not true for you, and for some of us waiting to get hired....

Old 04-04-2008, 12:33 PM

82 posts, read 152,042 times
Default surgery

Hey guys, my list#'r is in the mid 1400's from test 6063...im having surgery 4/3/08...recovery time is about 4 months to be 100%...do you get disqualified for not making it because your recovering from surgery? and also do you think they'll call me after this period...(ankle surgery)...thanks...

Old 04-04-2008, 12:35 PM

364 posts, read 739,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantastic10 View Post
Yeah,you got to do what you got to do. So you don't wear your uniforms to work? You change at the garage? If you wore a DSNY shirt or jacket then they most likely wouldn't mess with you on the train at 3:00am in the South Bronx,I bet you kept your eyes open the entire subway ride,lol.

Lets hope congestion pricing gets defeated by the state legislature next Monday,April 7th.
i know guys who were robbed in uniform. lol Then on a sad note 1 superintendant was killed in his garage. Imagine that on the garage floor.

Old 04-04-2008, 12:45 PM

21 posts, read 65,691 times
Default Proof Of Residency

I Live With My Parents And I Dont Really Have Much Under My Name,i Have No Paystubs Either Because I Havent Been Working On The Books,... I Have Bank Statements For Only Nov And December.. What Can I Do ,... Ive Lived In This House Since I Was 5 Yet I Have No Proof Because Everything Is On My Parents Name... Any Help Pleaseee????

Old 04-04-2008, 12:55 PM

876 posts, read 2,142,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salsan View Post
I heard classes were starting April 28th...I can't see them starting next week when orientation is running throughout the next few weeks.....As far as layoffs, I hope it's not true for you, and for some of us waiting to get hired....

I hope I am wrong and they do hire another couple of classes. Also hope you come to my district, I want more people to have below. Being able to choose your shift is very important, also being able to make truck is very important too.

Old 04-04-2008, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TONYTYSON23 View Post
I Live With My Parents And I Dont Really Have Much Under My Name,i Have No Paystubs Either Because I Havent Been Working On The Books,... I Have Bank Statements For Only Nov And December.. What Can I Do ,... Ive Lived In This House Since I Was 5 Yet I Have No Proof Because Everything Is On My Parents Name... Any Help Pleaseee????
Do you have hospital records, school transcript, car in your name....Those are ways of having it....There has to be something in your name....

Old 04-04-2008, 01:04 PM

21 posts, read 65,691 times
Nothing Thats Dated Between June And December, ... Do I Need Something For Each Month? I Have A Bank Statement For November And Dec3mber..and Of Course I Have Things Like School Records But Theyre From A Few Years Back
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City