Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2008, 03:16 PM

191 posts, read 873,975 times

Advertisements

do they call the beginning stages of the medical/background like the physical-in that they will exam/background check the entire 1st round and have a list to make the callups throughout the year or two?or do they just call as needed-ie need 50 ,exam/check 300.

Old 01-04-2008, 04:33 PM

2 posts, read 5,895 times
when taking the medical exam through dcas how can you fail besides using drugs found in urine or blood work? Is the medical exam base on "well since you showed up I guess you're alive and well, so you pass" Does anybody know anything about the medical exam?

Old 01-04-2008, 04:51 PM

74 posts, read 280,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantastic10 View Post
Thanks for the road test info Wreckerman,so when you tow a truck do you take it to the Central Repair Garage in Queens? I have to admit that I have seen more city buses broken down on the road than sanitation trucks.

i take them back to my garage to get fixed by our mechanics or ill bring it out to gabrielle mack or ciofee.

Old 01-04-2008, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbage time View Post
true.. wreck,you just chillout until needed?

i would say about 2 times a week i have to do a tow job.but i also have to do other stuff around the garage,change tires,fill spreaders,wash spreaders,clean the garage or plow up trucks other than that i just hang out.

Old 01-04-2008, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieBoy View Post
What determines if you get a CDL permit class A or CDL permit class B? Is it by request when you go down to the DMV? Which is preferred by DSNY?

i got a class a because when i tow a truck the wrecker and sanitation truck equal a tractor trailor. i had to take a towing endorsement test and a class a permit test and than take my road test with a tractor trailor.dsny helped me pass all of those tests. but all you need to actually get the job is a class b.if you want to get a class a down the line just tell your supers clerk and they mite set up an appointment to go to floyd bennet field.

Old 01-04-2008, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieBoy View Post
Hey Wreckerman, when you say "physical" what exactly are you referring to? Do you mean the physical testing given by DCAS to see if you can carry the garbage through the obstacle course or do you mean the medical exam? When I took the physical test, none of the DCAS monitors mentioned anything about going for CDL training. Please let us know what you find out.

i meant the physical exam when you carry the garbage through the obstacle course.i just called my supervisor because his son just passed the physical but he doesnt know when his son has to get the cdl so ill call floyd bennet field monday see what they say.

Old 01-04-2008, 05:56 PM

39 posts, read 121,788 times
So JackiBoy, based on what you're saying, I have to pay to get my CDL training even though I might fail the background check cuz of the disorderly conduct and the accidents, which is definately a possibility. Thats bull**** sounds like a way to extract a thousand bucks out of someones wallet and not make a commitment to them while you're doing it. Thats not right.

Old 01-04-2008, 06:10 PM

1,809 posts, read 7,061,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPrus View Post
So JackiBoy, based on what you're saying, I have to pay to get my CDL training even though I might fail the background check cuz of the disorderly conduct and the accidents, which is definately a possibility. Thats bull**** sounds like a way to extract a thousand bucks out of someones wallet and not make a commitment to them while you're doing it. Thats not right.

Somebody posted in here awhile ago about somebody taking the CDL training through DSNY,then being told that they were done hiring,he isn't going to get a refund. Yeah,just another way that they make money off the test. No wonder there is no minimum age requirement to take the test.

Lets face the facts here,out of all the people in group 1 (3,759)more people are going to get disqualified rather than getting hired.

Old 01-04-2008, 07:18 PM

3 posts, read 8,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantastic10 View Post
Somebody posted in here awhile ago about somebody taking the CDL training through DSNY,then being told that they were done hiring,he isn't going to get a refund. Yeah,just another way that they make money off the test. No wonder there is no minimum age requirement to take the test.

Lets face the facts here,out of all the people in group 1 (3,759)more people are going to get disqualified rather than getting hired.
Ok. I've got a question. What if someone took the test, scored highly, are called and haven't reached the age of 21? Do they get disqualified or are they bumped down the list??

Old 01-04-2008, 07:35 PM

12 posts, read 35,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnC88 View Post
Ok. I've got a question. What if someone took the test, scored highly, are called and haven't reached the age of 21? Do they get disqualified or are they bumped down the list??
I am pretty sure that you get bumped if you are not 21 yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City