Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2008, 08:30 AM

125 posts, read 266,387 times

Advertisements

hey guys i'm sorry to be beating a dead horse. but does anyone know which list number they usually reach within the four years this list will be active, cause i'm gettin mixed msgs. i'm in the low 6,300 range,(97.5% on the test) one day i hear they will reach my number the next day i read it seems they won't .........

Old 04-20-2008, 08:46 AM

3 posts, read 6,266 times
Default Questions

Hello. I was wondering if anyone could answer the following questions. 1. The starting salary is 31k, and you make 67k after 5 years, but how much do you make in years 2, 3, and 4? 2. What is the transfer process from garage to garage? Thank you.

Old 04-20-2008, 09:51 AM

876 posts, read 2,142,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabesanitationguy View Post
wouldn't it be in the citys best interest to hire those applicants who would otherwise qualify but are on public assistance? public assistance is there for those who are in need of it.........right? (i'm not talking about those who play the system) so it would make sense to me that a qualified applicant on public assistance shouldn't have that held against them in the interviewing process. in fact going through this DSNY hiring process would show the powers that be that this qualified applicant refuses to sit around the rest of there life collecting government cheese and is taking steps to get off public assistance...... and thats how i feel about that

Being on public assitance shouldnt disqualify anyone from the job but in my eyes public assitance is being abused by most of the people on it. There are plently of jobs out there, if your on public assitance and going to sanitation is your only way off then your abusing the system.

Old 04-20-2008, 09:59 AM

473 posts, read 932,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwoodz56 View Post
grapes, what was your blood pressure?? what was the cutoff number for it?? did you pass?
When I left it was 130/80 and that was normal so I was ok. My first reading was 150/90 and that is too high. It was probably because I was a bit nervous. Also if you test high let them take it from your other arm it may be lower.

Old 04-20-2008, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNYSANMAN View Post
Being on public assitance shouldnt disqualify anyone from the job but in my eyes public assitance is being abused by most of the people on it. There are plently of jobs out there, if your on public assitance and going to sanitation is your only way off then your abusing the system.
well i wasn't talking about those who abuse the system.. and yes there are plenty of jobs out there that don't pay enough to even live in NYC especially if you didn't go to college. sometimes i think people with these city jobs don't realize how blessed they are, with there health insurance and paid vacations 67K a year pay checks they don't realize some people gotta work two jobs 7 days a week for 7dollars an hour with no chance for a raise 80 to 85 hours a week just to get buy. trust me i'd much rather finish my route in 4 hrs then sit in a garage for the rest of my shift for 67k a year......... i don't mean to insult anybody and sorry if i did but that last comment rubbed my the wrong way. (if your on public assitance and going to sanitation is your only way off then your abusing the system)

Last edited by wannabesanitationguy; 04-20-2008 at 10:29 AM..

Old 04-20-2008, 11:18 AM

876 posts, read 2,142,107 times
Quote:
well i wasn't talking about those who abuse the system.. and yes there are plenty of jobs out there that don't pay enough to even live in NYC especially if you didn't go to college. sometimes i think people with these city jobs don't realize how blessed they are, with there health insurance and paid vacations 67K a year pay checks they don't realize some people gotta work two jobs 7 days a week for 7dollars an hour with no chance for a raise 80 to 85 hours a week just to get buy. trust me i'd much rather finish my route in 4 hrs then sit in a garage for the rest of my shift for 67k a year......... i don't mean to insult anybody and sorry if i did but that last comment rubbed my the wrong way. (if your on public assitance and going to sanitation is your only way off then your abusing the system)

Well i work for sanitation and dont make 67k a year. I make about 33k a year and work another job to make ends meat. There are many jobs out there where you can make the same amount if not more. With a cdl license you can get some good paying job. Sanitation in the long run is a lot better then most jobs but then again any city/state/federal job is good because of the benfits. As for working only 4 hours, I work a full 8 hour day with my breaks doing mlp which most do when they first get on the job. Anyone who only work 4 hours and are done are a$$holes because it wont stay like that. This is an 8 hour job and those morons running and getting hurt will feel it later in their life. I have seen guys who can barely work, this job takes a lot out of you physically. The body isnt make to lift 10 tons a day.

Old 04-20-2008, 11:48 AM

364 posts, read 739,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNYSANMAN View Post
Well i work for sanitation and dont make 67k a year. I make about 33k a year and work another job to make ends meat. There are many jobs out there where you can make the same amount if not more. With a cdl license you can get some good paying job. Sanitation in the long run is a lot better then most jobs but then again any city/state/federal job is good because of the benfits. As for working only 4 hours, I work a full 8 hour day with my breaks doing mlp which most do when they first get on the job. Anyone who only work 4 hours and are done are a$$holes because it wont stay like that. This is an 8 hour job and those morons running and getting hurt will feel it later in their life. I have seen guys who can barely work, this job takes a lot out of you physically. The body isnt make to lift 10 tons a day.
I finish my route in two hours........

Old 04-20-2008, 11:51 AM

289 posts, read 746,090 times
Default Waiting Game

Quote:
hey guys i'm sorry to be beating a dead horse. but does anyone know which list number they usually reach within the four years this list will be active, cause i'm gettin mixed msgs. i'm in the low 6,300 range,(97.5% on the test) one day i hear they will reach my number the next day i read it seems they won't .........
THEY WILL REACH YOU..................WHY BECAUSE YOU HAVE A VERY GOOD LIST NUMBER GOOD LUCK TO YOU........

Old 04-20-2008, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RETIRED SANMAN View Post
THEY WILL REACH YOU..................WHY BECAUSE YOU HAVE A VERY GOOD LIST NUMBER GOOD LUCK TO YOU........
i pray to god they do... thanks for the positive reply

Old 04-20-2008, 12:11 PM

289 posts, read 746,090 times
Default Information About The D.s.n.y.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe11 View Post
Hello. I was wondering if anyone could answer the following questions. 1. The starting salary is 31k, and you make 67k after 5 years, but how much do you make in years 2, 3, and 4? 2. What is the transfer process from garage to garage? Thank you.
YOU CAN ADD ABOUT $8,000 PER YEAR IN O.T. EACH YEAR YOU WILL BE GETTING YOUR RAISE. AFTER YOUR 5 YEAR'S THAT $67,000 PER YEAR YOU ADD ALL THE TRUCK MONEY,EXTRA'S YOUR LOOKING AT $85,000 PLUS A YEAR.ABOUT TRANSFER'S YOU PUT IT IN IF THERE IS A SPOT OPENED IN YOUR GARAGE OF CHOICE AND YOU ARE THE SENIOR MAN LOOKING TO BE PLACED THERE YOU GET IT.DON'T FORGET TO JOIN THE 457 PLAN .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City