Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2008, 11:45 PM

105 posts, read 288,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAPES24 View Post
We did the mock road test today and I failed. Not because of the pre-trip but my instructor claimed I ran a red light. I know it was yellow when I made my left and I told him that and told him the exact light where it happened and he was like well your approach was wrong. It was still yellow. I'm not worried because if the examiner is quiet like my instructor was today giving me the test, then there is no pressure. When you are trying to do the pre-trip at FBF and Mo is yelling and screaming then you freeze up.
My instructor was telling me mistakes I made that I know I didn't make. He even told me about mistakes I made on the pre-trip and I was like I said that and he started making up stuff that I didn't do. I'm not claiming to know everything but you know when you are right.
your instructors beat in seniority Grouchboxx@aol.com That is my email . i Was a CDL instructor also.

Old 05-04-2008, 07:29 AM

300 posts, read 659,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekuai View Post
does your seniority carry over if you put in a transfer to another garage?
You do not lose your seniority when you transfer from garage to garage ...

Old 05-04-2008, 09:07 AM

473 posts, read 932,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCsanman View Post
your instructors beat in seniority Grouchboxx@aol.com That is my email . i Was a CDL instructor also.
I don't get your quote. What do you mean???

Old 05-04-2008, 09:29 AM

364 posts, read 739,244 times
Quote:
The stop is four blocks away, yes you can walk it. Straight down 21st St. That garage is a "stay out" Garage .Always had a reputation as a "rebel" garage"WHICH THEY ARE.---QW1+QW-9 ...Which is called "wild wild west" when you are in either garages you will have to "put your time in" meaning you will have to; in your first few YEARS (yes Years) Bounce days and nights. (because? we have relay personel. we have a night shift)=== more jobs, more san men hired.. but whatever ..Your reward ...after your are in either place, you will know...you will say. (if you can take it in the begining) I will NEVER transfer out of here. You will do LESS tons per day(For all of the rest of your carear) I think enough said.. or you young guys on the job .. tell me i'm wrong. thought so. We run and dump, and we have a large night shift for relay personnel. Let me ask you a question who named it the "Wild Wild West" , and labled it a Rebel Garage? Sounds like self promotion. Sorry never heard of it.

and you will ALWAYS have an easy day, (you will be done A little early as well.) somtimes... are you listening supervisors LOL
We run and dump in BKLYN, and we still have a large relay night shift. Let me ask you a question who named it "The Wild Wild West", and labled it a Rebel garage. Sounds like self promotion. Sorry never heard of it.

Old 05-04-2008, 11:29 AM

876 posts, read 2,142,234 times
Quote:
The stop is four blocks away, yes you can walk it. Straight down 21st St. That garage is a "stay out" Garage .Always had a reputation as a "rebel" garage"WHICH THEY ARE.---QW1+QW-9 ...Which is called "wild wild west" when you are in either garages you will have to "put your time in" meaning you will have to; in your first few YEARS (yes Years) Bounce days and nights. (because? we have relay personel. we have a night shift)=== more jobs, more san men hired.. but whatever ..Your reward ...after your are in either place, you will know...you will say. (if you can take it in the begining) I will NEVER transfer out of here. You will do LESS tons per day(For all of the rest of your carear) I think enough said.. or you young guys on the job .. tell me i'm wrong. thought so.

and you will ALWAYS have an easy day, (you will be done A little early as well.) somtimes... are you listening supervisors LOL
I didnt know that qw1 and qw9 are stay out districts. I know that q8 has gps and they stay out. Those stay out disticts are the best to be in if you have time on the job but if you do not have time you are going to be bouncing a lot. Not too many districts left that do the right thing.

Old 05-04-2008, 05:20 PM

8 posts, read 15,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkey Tuesdays View Post
We run and dump in BKLYN, and we still have a large relay night shift. Let me ask you a question who named it "The Wild Wild West", and labled it a Rebel garage. Sounds like self promotion. Sorry never heard of it.

our garage does not have a large relay nite shift. all the guys that dump in the day line ruined that nite shift. when i first started in 12 i was making 4-12 or 7 pm every single nite now if i signed nites i wouldnt make either shift even in the winter. now go get your f*ken shine box!!! OOOOOOOOH lol

Old 05-04-2008, 05:34 PM

136 posts, read 267,686 times
what time do you guys in the cdl class have to meet for the actual road test??

Old 05-04-2008, 06:08 PM

128 posts, read 224,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwoodz56 View Post
what time do you guys in the cdl class have to meet for the actual road test??

regular time gotta be at fbf at 6 am then they drive us with a san van to the road test site..

Old 05-04-2008, 06:10 PM

876 posts, read 2,142,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleLouieGee's SMiTHst View Post
our garage does not have a large relay nite shift. all the guys that dump in the day line ruined that nite shift. when i first started in 12 i was making 4-12 or 7 pm every single nite now if i signed nites i wouldnt make either shift even in the winter. now go get your f*ken shine box!!! OOOOOOOOH lol

Are there any disticts in brooklyn west that do not dump?

Old 05-04-2008, 06:12 PM

136 posts, read 294,007 times
Q1 and q9 are rebel garages they stay out ....guess u bk guys dont know that
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkey Tuesdays View Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City