U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-16-2008, 12:12 AM

105 posts, read 203,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salsan View Post
Don't get so worked up man....People do different things, in different garages. That's just the way it is. Don't let it bother you so much
I am grateful for your fast response. Iam not worked up.... Been here too long for that, Just wanted to tell him (in just my opinion)he was being a D**K
And maybe you dont know it, but myself and many like me: who do the "RIGHT THING" help more future san men LIKE YOU get a job. Think about that. Peace and love always, ;-)

Old 05-16-2008, 07:54 AM

364 posts, read 491,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCsanman View Post
I am grateful for your fast response. Iam not worked up.... Been here too long for that, Just wanted to tell him (in just my opinion)he was being a D**K
And maybe you dont know it, but myself and many like me: who do the "RIGHT THING" help more future san men LIKE YOU get a job. Think about that. Peace and love always, ;-)
like I said before this department has hired non stop for the last going on ten years . Tell me another time in the departments history that has happened. This was all done while everone was running and dumping. There used to be one big year then nothing for two to three years then another. So Im going to keep running till the union tells me to stop. Just becauseyou choose to stay out and probably mongo copper and **** for money doesnt mean everyone else has to. Maybe if guys retired when they hit their 20 they would hire a little more, but then how would they bring home all that good mongo they get on the truck. Like the guy said before "Lighten up Francis"

Old 05-16-2008, 07:57 AM

364 posts, read 491,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCsanman View Post
Oh and while your on your future Sanman crusade. I will be willing to bet you voted yes to sell them all out for their brutal starting payscale a few years ago. lol Just so you could get your 18,000 grand retro check and play cards in the garage. Now Im positive your going to tell me in your next response that you voted no.lol

Old 05-16-2008, 08:36 AM

142 posts, read 172,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMANHB View Post
I'm with you, my list #684.4. I think we're the next group in. Keep me posted if u hear anything?
That's it you and I are the next lowest numbers on here?
Who is after Gman, in the next 600?

Old 05-16-2008, 08:56 AM

1,810 posts, read 4,143,099 times
I heard that in certain neighborhoods the Hasidsm run the sanitation and also to an extent the police dept. Is that true? Do they give you guys a hard time?

Old 05-16-2008, 10:23 AM

876 posts, read 1,282,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkey Tuesdays View Post
Oh and while your on your future Sanman crusade. I will be willing to bet you voted yes to sell them all out for their brutal starting payscale a few years ago. lol Just so you could get your 18,000 grand retro check and play cards in the garage. Now Im positive your going to tell me in your next response that you voted no.lol

Since we are talking about the future of this job, let me put my two cents in. First running and dumping hurts the job. That is a fact, nothing to debate. Running and dumping causes trucks to get cut. Why run 5 trucks in a section that everyone dumps at 9 with less then 10 tons when you can have 4 trucks in that section and dumping at 10 with more then 10 tons. Not to mention the relay positions that are lost. Those jobs might still exist but instead of relays they are now mlp but what if there is a budget crunch like we have now and they say lets cut back on mlp then some people might be out of a job. If there are relays you cant cut that. You need an empty truck for collection the next day. By the way all said and done relays are so much better then mlp. For mlp you are out in the rain, cold and heat. It doesnt matter the wheather. They expect you out there sweeping. Relays are a lot better job. Now when you are talking about the last contract, yes it sucked for the new guys to have to start at 26k a year(for 6 months) but in the long run its all good because top pay benfits everyone. Also fire and police made the same deal with the mayor. Third turkey you and people like you are a selfish *****hole.

Old 05-16-2008, 10:25 AM

876 posts, read 1,282,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkey Tuesdays View Post
like I said before this department has hired non stop for the last going on ten years . Tell me another time in the departments history that has happened. This was all done while everone was running and dumping. There used to be one big year then nothing for two to three years then another. So Im going to keep running till the union tells me to stop. Just becauseyou choose to stay out and probably mongo copper and **** for money doesnt mean everyone else has to. Maybe if guys retired when they hit their 20 they would hire a little more, but then how would they bring home all that good mongo they get on the truck. Like the guy said before "Lighten up Francis"

You said you will keep dumping until the union tells you not to. Well the union tells you not to dump too early and dump after lunch. Do you listen to them for that?

Old 05-16-2008, 10:44 AM

473 posts, read 597,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantastic10 View Post
I heard that in certain neighborhoods the Hasidsm run the sanitation and also to an extent the police dept. Is that true? Do they give you guys a hard time?
well i know that's where all the gate work in bk1 is. Williamsburg

Old 05-16-2008, 10:49 AM

Did anybody who recently passed their road tests go to DMV yet?? I know we were told it will be like $90+. I just went and the woman charged me $45, I questioned it and she didn't know why. She told me it came up as $45 and not to worry about it.

Old 05-16-2008, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RETIRED SANMAN View Post
GOOD FOR YOU IF YOU KNOW SOMEBODY USE HIM ,LISTEN DON'T TELL ANYONE ON THE JOB YOU HAVE A "IN "GUY'S CAN BE A HOLE'S IF THEY FIND OUT YOU HAVE A "IN"KEEP IT TO YOURSELF.GOOD LUCK
Thanks for the tip. it's funny because everybody you talk to claims to have an "in" and i'm sure all the a-hole's had "in"s also. people will be a-holes no matter what. f-them they're probably miserable anyway
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City