Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2008, 04:20 PM

21 posts, read 65,679 times

Advertisements

Hey Abe123, I Thought It Was U But I Wasnt Sure...ill See You Tomm Mornin, Gonna Get To Sleep Soon So I Dont F** Up

Old 05-29-2008, 08:27 PM

502 posts, read 1,008,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMANHB View Post
I had orientation today. Joe said that they barely got one hundred people for the first class. He said they need 100 for July and 100 for August. They had 50 applicants sent out for today, 40 showed up and then there was 32. There might be a chance that they may call more people. They are still giving cdl classes at fbf, I signed up for the training June 9 and I believe there might be 1 or 2 spaces left on the chart and then he said June 16 was the other date.
That's good to hear. The only thing is, I feel bad for all the people that were excited to be called and didn't make it. I mean if you think about it, they got 100 out of 600....That's a few hundred people who were turned down that I feel bad for....Considering a couple of hundred didn't show up and didn't want it.....

Old 05-29-2008, 08:45 PM

1,809 posts, read 7,059,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salsan View Post
That's good to hear. The only thing is, I feel bad for all the people that were excited to be called and didn't make it. I mean if you think about it, they got 100 out of 600....That's a few hundred people who were turned down that I feel bad for....Considering a couple of hundred didn't show up and didn't want it.....
Well at least they got their chance. Maybe a lot of under 21 applicants. This gives hope to people like me with high list numbers(5XXX). Round 2 of the physical testing should take place late next year hopefully.

Old 05-29-2008, 10:32 PM

136 posts, read 267,641 times
Quote:
I had orientation today. Joe said that they barely got one hundred people for the first class. He said they need 100 for July and 100 for August. They had 50 applicants sent out for today, 40 showed up and then there was 32. There might be a chance that they may call more people. They are still giving cdl classes at fbf, I signed up for the training June 9 and I believe there might be 1 or 2 spaces left on the chart and then he said June 16 was the other date.
SO OUT OF 634 THEY BARELY GOT 100?? IM FIGURING ALOT MORE THAN 100 PEOPLE PASSED THEIR MEDICAL, CDL ROAD TEST AND RESIDENCY CREDITS...IT DOESNT MAKE SENSE THAT ONLY 100 OUT OF 634 MADE IT. THERE ARE ABOUT 35 POEPLE ON AVERAGE IN EACH PRE ORIENTATION CLASS AFTER UNDER 21'S (AGE) AND NO RESIDENCY PROOF ....TIMES X AMOUNT OF CLASSES. SO MY QUESTION IS THIS.....OBVIOUSLY MORE THAN 100 PEOPLE MADE IT FAR ENOUGH TO GET CALLED FOR FINAL PROCESSING SO I FIGURE THEY ARE CHECKING BACKGROUNDS (LICENSE, JOBS, AND CRIMINAL RECORDS) TO WEED PEOPLE OUT, DOES ANYONE AGREE?? PLUS HOW ARE SO MANY OF YOU ON THIS POST SO SURE YOU ARE GETTING CALLED (UNLESS YOU HAVE A SQUEAKY CLEAN RECORD?) I AM # 3** AND PASSED EVERYTHING FROM MEDICALS TO CDL ROAD TEST, JUST WONDERING IF MY BACKGROUND CHECK MIGHT GET IN THE WAY (MY BACKGROUND IS NOT THAT BAD EITHER BUT NOT SQUEAKY CLEAN)

Old 05-30-2008, 01:36 AM

243 posts, read 681,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salsan View Post
No problem. As long as it's not suspended now.....What letter from the doctor are you talking about? For what?

i was talking about the city credit with proof from my doctor. can it be hand written? can it just say "under care of dr. so n so from date xx to xx" ?

Old 05-30-2008, 05:16 AM

300 posts, read 659,232 times
I know i'm squeaky clean... I passed everything ... Never been arrested or processed.. Also never been pulled over , ever.... my list # is low 300's..
It does suck for the people that were probably passed up or failed out.. But such is life !
Hopefully the calls go out sometime within the next week or so .

Old 05-30-2008, 05:48 AM

193 posts, read 393,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad397 View Post
i was talking about the city credit with proof from my doctor. can it be hand written? can it just say "under care of dr. so n so from date xx to xx" ?
If you mean cedit for city residence, no doctors note is going to give you that! You need only those items listed on the letter and only those don't try bringing something else they won't accept it.

I don't feel bad for those that didn't show for the pre-orientation, we all did! I feel sorry for those that are not yet 21 but maybe they just get passed over until they are 21? As far as a background check as long as you"did your time" and paid your finds AND TOLD THEM ABOUT IT I think you should be find.

Old 05-30-2008, 09:02 AM

125 posts, read 266,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwoodz56 View Post
SO OUT OF 634 THEY BARELY GOT 100?? IM FIGURING ALOT MORE THAN 100 PEOPLE PASSED THEIR MEDICAL, CDL ROAD TEST AND RESIDENCY CREDITS...IT DOESNT MAKE SENSE THAT ONLY 100 OUT OF 634 MADE IT. THERE ARE ABOUT 35 POEPLE ON AVERAGE IN EACH PRE ORIENTATION CLASS AFTER UNDER 21'S (AGE) AND NO RESIDENCY PROOF ....TIMES X AMOUNT OF CLASSES. SO MY QUESTION IS THIS.....OBVIOUSLY MORE THAN 100 PEOPLE MADE IT FAR ENOUGH TO GET CALLED FOR FINAL PROCESSING SO I FIGURE THEY ARE CHECKING BACKGROUNDS (LICENSE, JOBS, AND CRIMINAL RECORDS) TO WEED PEOPLE OUT, DOES ANYONE AGREE?? PLUS HOW ARE SO MANY OF YOU ON THIS POST SO SURE YOU ARE GETTING CALLED (UNLESS YOU HAVE A SQUEAKY CLEAN RECORD?) I AM # 3** AND PASSED EVERYTHING FROM MEDICALS TO CDL ROAD TEST, JUST WONDERING IF MY BACKGROUND CHECK MIGHT GET IN THE WAY (MY BACKGROUND IS NOT THAT BAD EITHER BUT NOT SQUEAKY CLEAN)
i read on an earlier post that many ppl are failing the drug test and road test

Old 05-30-2008, 09:26 AM

26 posts, read 46,648 times
Quote:
GMAN,

Thanks for this information - It is much appreciated! Anyone else that has orientation this week and hears similar information or anything about if/when the classes are going to start please post.

Thanks,

Mike

Old 05-30-2008, 09:58 AM

93 posts, read 177,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwoodz56 View Post
THERE WAS ONE KID WHO WAS UNDER 21 IN MY GROUP. HE'LL BE 21 IN SEPT. ThEY TOLD HIM HE WON'T MAKE THIS CLASSS. MAYBE THEIRS QUITE A FEW KIDS WHO ARE NOT MAKEING THE CLASS CAUSE OF THEIR AGE. But I think the big problem yesterday was peoples drivers license
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City