U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 05-30-2008, 03:59 PM
 
Location: Flushing, Queens
257 posts, read 341,241 times
Reputation: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBasura View Post
Quick question for the guys who already been to fbf. The gloves you have to bring can they just be those regular cloth gloves with painted rubber on them? Also I got my $40 roadtrip prepaid online, do I just need the confirmation number or does it have to be printed out? I dont see what for its just a cheap email they send you with the number. Thanks.
yea any gloves are fine they arent even that important i didnt even use them half the time but my hands were filthy
and i would suggest u print it out a couple of guys had the print outs when i went n it just makes it easier for them to set u up

 
Old 05-30-2008, 04:11 PM
 
Location: staten island
655 posts, read 960,606 times
Reputation: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABE123 View Post
yea any gloves are fine they arent even that important i didnt even use them half the time but my hands were filthy
and i would suggest u print it out a couple of guys had the print outs when i went n it just makes it easier for them to set u up

yea you pretty much only need the gloves when you do the pre-trip where you go under the truck and have to touch all the different parts. TAKE OFF THE GLOVES BEFORE YOU GET IN THE TRUCK!
 
Old 05-30-2008, 04:23 PM
 
Location: Flushing, Queens
257 posts, read 341,241 times
Reputation: 27
i just got back from taking my road test n i @#$@#@#@ing failed i was they only one too man i was doin great n then i got caught up at a light... i was about to make a right turn and people were standin at the corner just standing there i called them out and then they started to cross in the cross walk taking there sweetass time talkin to eachother and stopping in the middle of the street ... i was in the crosswalk in my lane(about the center of it) the light was green and by the time the people were clear and i went to make my turn the light turned yellow on me so i figured im in the crosswalk this isnt good, i was committed to makin the turn in my head, might as well make the turn... and the guy was sayin i went through a red light n i was tellin him it was yellow n i was i didnt want to block the crosswalk he said if your stopped at the light n u see that its yellow its too late but again the whole crosswalk thing messed me up... it was just all together a fluckeedd upp situation... i should have just stoped and waited for those A holes

im so pissed man all that training to have some stupid stuff mess me up it just goes to show that u never know wats gunna happen and that people are D@#$%S
the worst part is now i gotta wait like another 3 weeks before i will be able to take it again
 
Old 05-30-2008, 04:27 PM
 
Location: Neither here nor there
1,810 posts, read 4,134,781 times
Reputation: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabesanitationguy View Post
you said you were a sanman for a little over a yr, so i'll assume you were hired from the previous list, do you recall your list #???,,,,,,, just to have an idea of how far they got on the old list??
#8259 was the last list number hired from the last exam. Thanks for the advice thedude13,I will stop worrying about it. As long as I am honest with all the info that I give them I should be ok.
 
Old 05-30-2008, 04:37 PM
 
Location: Staten Island
193 posts, read 277,611 times
Reputation: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABE123 View Post
i just got back from taking my road test n i @#$@#@#@ing failed i was they only one too man i was doin great n then i got caught up at a light... i was about to make a right turn and people were standin at the corner just standing there i called them out and then they started to cross in the cross walk taking there sweetass time talkin to eachother and stopping in the middle of the street ... i was in the crosswalk in my lane(about the center of it) the light was green and by the time the people were clear and i went to make my turn the light turned yellow on me so i figured im in the crosswalk this isnt good, i was committed to makin the turn in my head, might as well make the turn... and the guy was sayin i went through a red light n i was tellin him it was yellow n i was i didnt want to block the crosswalk he said if your stopped at the light n u see that its yellow its too late but again the whole crosswalk thing messed me up... it was just all together a fluckeedd upp situation... i should have just stoped and waited for those A holes

im so pissed man all that training to have some stupid stuff mess me up it just goes to show that u never know wats gunna happen and that people are D@#$%S
the worst part is now i gotta wait like another 3 weeks before i will be able to take it again
Tough break. One of the instructors at FBF said to make your new road test appointment right away don't wait, and go sign up right away for the private class. Good Luck with it.
 
Old 05-30-2008, 04:48 PM
 
Location: staten island
655 posts, read 960,606 times
Reputation: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABE123 View Post
i just got back from taking my road test n i @#$@#@#@ing failed i was they only one too man i was doin great n then i got caught up at a light... i was about to make a right turn and people were standin at the corner just standing there i called them out and then they started to cross in the cross walk taking there sweetass time talkin to eachother and stopping in the middle of the street ... i was in the crosswalk in my lane(about the center of it) the light was green and by the time the people were clear and i went to make my turn the light turned yellow on me so i figured im in the crosswalk this isnt good, i was committed to makin the turn in my head, might as well make the turn... and the guy was sayin i went through a red light n i was tellin him it was yellow n i was i didnt want to block the crosswalk he said if your stopped at the light n u see that its yellow its too late but again the whole crosswalk thing messed me up... it was just all together a fluckeedd upp situation... i should have just stoped and waited for those A holes

im so pissed man all that training to have some stupid stuff mess me up it just goes to show that u never know wats gunna happen and that people are D@#$%S
the worst part is now i gotta wait like another 3 weeks before i will be able to take it again

the terminator strikes again....sorry dude. Where do you live? PM me...i might have a way for you to get an earlier appointment.
 
Old 05-30-2008, 04:52 PM
 
Location: Flushing, Queens
257 posts, read 341,241 times
Reputation: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe8 View Post
Tough break. One of the instructors at FBF said to make your new road test appointment right away don't wait, and go sign up right away for the private class. Good Luck with it.
yea i got this place called queens driving school they do a special deal BS thing for sanitation students that failed... its like 5 hrs driving time and watever else i need to get familiar with the truck... only thing is its a box truck so i dont know what to expect like a uhual truck or somthin i guess
and the good thing is i got the map for where they give the road test at (magically)

but like i said i gotta wait like 3 weeks to take it again because it takes forever to schedule a road test... sanitation schedules it for use 6 weeks in advance and it doesnt say in the dmv computer yet that i failed so im probably gunna have to wait till monday... i already paid for the classes its just i have to wait till theres an opening for a road test when ever that will be
 
Old 05-30-2008, 05:33 PM
 
136 posts, read 203,209 times
Reputation: 23
guy u can be homeless for most of your life and still get this job!!!!if u didnt pay taxes dont put it down.just say unemployed supported by parents.this job is not rocket science.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantastic10 View Post
Dude I have the same issue as you do,off the books jobs/self employed within the last 10 yrs. Commisoner told us once in here that we were making a big issue out it,he mentioned that he never worked before and he got hired but he was 18 yrs old at the time,we are in our 30's so obviously it would work against us if we put down unemployed for the last 10 years. I did have jobs that were on the books but they were over 10 yrs ago.

Since I got my cdl in the mail yesterday I plan on finding an on the books job soon,f/t or p/t,hopefully cdl related,so when the time comes,2 or 3 yrs later I can put that down on the 20 page booklet. I think your last job listed is more important than your job 10 yrs ago.

They told you guys not to list off the books jobs,what about if you were self-employed? I don't know about leaving it blank,that is going to raise eyebrows. o_0
 
Old 05-30-2008, 07:01 PM
 
143 posts, read 230,188 times
Reputation: 23
Default finals

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe8 View Post
At the final orientation. when they callyou for the job! Hopefully soon!!!
this new orientation may set back the final process of top listers by a week or two. No?....maybe mid or evenLAte july....No?
 
Old 05-30-2008, 07:05 PM
 
Location: staten island
655 posts, read 960,606 times
Reputation: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by cRaPsHu View Post
this new orientation may set back the final process of top listers by a week or two. No?....maybe mid or evenLAte july....No?

how so if a class is scheduled for july? they usually give you 2 weeks advanced notice so u can notify your current employer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.



All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top