Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2008, 09:06 PM

502 posts, read 1,008,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekuai View Post
i know a few guys at FBF....the max they can take is 125 for each class..so they could take an extra 25 in each class if they needed it....again hiring is based on the department's needs...people in other garages tell me they have enough guys as it is
So let's hope they take the extra 50 guys waiting this Summer.....

Old 06-12-2008, 09:07 PM

656 posts, read 1,412,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABE123 View Post
yooooooooo me toooo she said the first time i was parking i hit the curb i was like noway ive never hit the ****in curb... so then she was like ok ima give u one more chance to do it again .............. i would think if u hit the curb u feel it in the bus right????? i didnt feel **** and ive never hit the curb anyway....... this ***** is dead ima get her sonn..... yooo im heated right now now way she did the same **** to you that cant be... did u think u actually hit the curb tho cause im sure i didnt i should have gotten out n looked

yo for real i think ima go complain about her... she was very unclear on what she wanted confused the **** out of me and i even asked her twice.... and i was so shaken up after all that there was no way i was gunna pass

well see the thing is, she said my FRONT tire hit the curb....i can see my back tires in the mirror....the front i can't really see....but i thought it was BS that my front tires hit the curb...i didn't feel a thing...u feel everything in the truck/bus...so if i can feel small potholes in the road i think i can feel a curb!

Old 06-12-2008, 10:09 PM

9 posts, read 14,649 times
thanx for replying guys. i just cant wait to start this job. i know u guys can relate. i am 37 and i have worked crap jobs since i got out of high school. it would be great to have a union to stand behind me if i needed them to. any word of any more classes this year please post. thanx again

Old 06-13-2008, 05:41 AM

300 posts, read 659,256 times
Well today will probably be the last day of call-ups for the first class in July . I hope to have a call , if not i know one thing is for certain .. Atleast i'll make the august class.. Goodluck to everyone who have got a call so far !! Make sure you have everything they tell you ...

Old 06-13-2008, 05:42 AM

193 posts, read 393,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salsan View Post
Just a little something to say here......I don't know how many points they add for Veterans credit, but it seems like Dems and Joe8 got a few questions wrong.....If so, they still deserve to be where they are. I think Veterans should get at least that from the city! So God bless you guys,,,,,
Thanks and I think your right. I think I got 2 wrong acording to the test answers that they published online. But my grade acording to the paper I received was 106.25 as a final grade with the vets and resident credits.
At 1.25 a question that means I missed 3.

Old 06-13-2008, 05:48 AM

289 posts, read 745,992 times
Default Veteran's Information

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salsan View Post
Just a little something to say here......I don't know how many points they add for Veterans credit, but it seems like Dems and Joe8 got a few questions wrong.....If so, they still deserve to be where they are. I think Veterans should get at least that from the city! So God bless you guys,,,,,

ONE MORE THING ABOUT VETERAN'S ,AND I AGREE WITH THE RULE "LAW' 100% IF THERE ARE LAY OFF'S THE VETERAN'S DO NOT GET LAYED OFF,NON VET'S GO FIRST, EVEN IF YOU HAVE THEM BEAT, THANK GOD LAY OFF'S DO NOT HAPPEN MUCH AND IF THEY DO YOU ALWAY'S HAVE THE JOB THEY WILL CALL YOU BACK IN TIME.

Old 06-13-2008, 05:49 AM

193 posts, read 393,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipez View Post
Well today will probably be the last day of call-ups for the first class in July . I hope to have a call , if not i know one thing is for certain .. Atleast i'll make the august class.. Goodluck to everyone who have got a call so far !! Make sure you have everything they tell you ...
It seems like they would at least let you know 2 working days in advance, so your probably right. Lets hope they don't wait as long for the Aug class to notify the people. I knew I was going to be in the first class and the waiting was tough. Hope all the guys still waiting make it.

Old 06-13-2008, 06:50 AM

125 posts, read 266,364 times
whats the age limit to apply for the DSNY?

Old 06-13-2008, 06:51 AM

71 posts, read 130,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cRaPsHu View Post
threebills #270...Did you call HR at all? They've been known to passover a # or two...they should call AS HIGH as 300..... with that "1 in 3" rule, Ya know.

Haven't called yet. I'll call later on in the day if I don't hear anything this morning.

Old 06-13-2008, 07:07 AM

253 posts, read 540,116 times
Hey guys,
Does anyone have a clue as to how high they've gotton...Threebills your 270 and they havent called you yet for july? That seems odd... I thought they were having problems filling the class.... I guess I dont have a shot at the August class... 70X
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City