Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2008, 04:11 PM

128 posts, read 224,828 times

Advertisements

another piece of advice for you guys taking it in si when u come off the highway to victory exit....tighten up on your right when your at the light off the exit ramp cause there going to make you maker a left turn and its a weird turn and youll def. hit the curb.

Old 06-15-2008, 06:16 PM

257 posts, read 507,852 times
my worst fear came true today when i found out that i have my road test on June 24th in the Bronx AGAIN!!!!!..... this is either Gods way of playing a really mean trick on me..... or this is my chance to go back there and prove my self and show how much i want this freakin job.... i swear im gunna take my car over there and just @!#*ing circle those dammn blocks until i kno them like the back of my hand i will get this godd dammn license..... I WILL I TELL YOUUU.... terminator im comin for u buddyy its not a game no moreee i aint scared of you lol..... i'll drive right off that dammn draw bridge if you play around wit me this time

Old 06-15-2008, 06:43 PM

1,809 posts, read 7,062,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABE123 View Post
my worst fear came true today when i found out that i have my road test on June 24th in the Bronx AGAIN!!!!!..... this is either Gods way of playing a really mean trick on me..... or this is my chance to go back there and prove my self and show how much i want this freakin job.... i swear im gunna take my car over there and just @!#*ing circle those dammn blocks until i kno them like the back of my hand i will get this godd dammn license..... I WILL I TELL YOUUU.... terminator im comin for u buddyy its not a game no moreee i aint scared of you lol..... i'll drive right off that dammn draw bridge if you play around wit me this time
GET MAD ABE! You got the right attitude. Second time around is better than the first time.....song from the 70's I believe. I turned fear into anger/confidence the 2nd time I took my road test. You know what helped me? I watched videos on youtube about street fights and baseball managers arguing with the umpires,that got me pumped up. Run up your adrenaline level and you will be fine. This is all mental believe me,if you think you will pass this time around you most certainly will. BELIEVE IN YOURSELF. KEEP YOUR HEAD UP ABE.

Old 06-15-2008, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKLYN_DSNY View Post
To all the guys taking the road test in SI, I believe its around Forest and South Ave.
Just a Heads Up.
yea im not sure if sanitation takes it in the same way i took mine with the bus but its either on glen ave or gulf ave.... mine was on gulf ave and when i went there i saw a AS cut down on glen so i figure it will be there not sure tho....

with mine there was a railroad crossing so be prepared for that... no school zones but she asked me what to do in one.... again not sure if its the same with dsny tho

Old 06-15-2008, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vantastic10 View Post
GET MAD ABE! You got the right attitude. Second time around is better than the first time.....song from the 70's I believe. I turned fear into anger/confidence the 2nd time I took my road test. You know what helped me? I watched videos on youtube about street fights and baseball managers arguing with the umpires,that got me pumped up. Run up your adrenaline level and you will be fine. This is all mental believe me,if you think you will pass this time around you most certainly will. BELIEVE IN YOURSELF. KEEP YOUR HEAD UP ABE.
hahaaa baseball managers arguing lol thats awesome... thanks man im goin in for the kill this time.... i got to

Old 06-15-2008, 06:53 PM

656 posts, read 1,412,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the commisioner View Post
u dont have to dump.the guys dump to get done early.the city also gives u 5 to dump on shift.
so wait you get a whopping $5 to dump on shift? Where is the dump location? right over the bayone?

Old 06-15-2008, 07:05 PM

1,809 posts, read 7,062,021 times
Lou Piniella is the best,remember once he tried to remove second base so he could throw it and he wasn't able to,lol,think he pulled a muscle in doing so.

Kuai,and you get $10.00 a day if you dump twice(Bronx). I think there is a dump in College Point,Queens. Not sure if all the garbage gets dumped in New Jersey.

Old 06-15-2008, 08:59 PM

54 posts, read 110,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekuai View Post
so wait you get a whopping $5 to dump on shift? Where is the dump location? right over the bayone?
in queens west the dump is on review ave...in queens south we use the dump on liberty and 175 st...and queens east uses tully by shea stadium

Old 06-15-2008, 11:06 PM

231 posts, read 466,158 times
ABE, good luck on the road test the 24th. The terminator failed me too. I passed my second time. Its all nerves, not our driving kill, they taught us well at FBF.

Old 06-15-2008, 11:16 PM

208 posts, read 438,709 times
Abe... tell Willie Randolph over there in the BX I say hi... that prick... how the hell ur road tests always ahead of mine... June 30 White Plains for me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City