U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2008, 12:33 PM

77 posts, read 125,241 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by threebills View Post
Nick, you're 271 right? Did you get called yet? I haven't (270) I think they are just taking guesses or estimates when they are giving these numbers out.

I just got off the phone with hr. She said they are still in the 240's. She doubts very highly that they will get to the 270's. She said the august class is a definite. DAMN got my hopes up again....

Old 06-16-2008, 12:58 PM

118 posts, read 218,932 times
what up, guyz?
disappointed to hear they didn't even get up to 300 for the july class. I'm 734 and was hoping to get into the august class, but that ain't gonna happen.
anyway, was at FBF last week for training. Moe is a crazy bastard, but they do a good job. Have my road test thursday in the bronx. anyone have any tips? do you have to pre-trip the entire truck, or just parts of it? and do they take points off if you forget 1 or 2 parts? and is there a R.R. crossing, or do they do a simulated one? are the streets crowded? any input you guys have is much appreciated.
congrats to everyone going in to the july class.

Old 06-16-2008, 01:18 PM

257 posts, read 452,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kochise View Post
what up, guyz?
disappointed to hear they didn't even get up to 300 for the july class. I'm 734 and was hoping to get into the august class, but that ain't gonna happen.
anyway, was at FBF last week for training. Moe is a crazy bastard, but they do a good job. Have my road test thursday in the bronx. anyone have any tips? do you have to pre-trip the entire truck, or just parts of it? and do they take points off if you forget 1 or 2 parts? and is there a R.R. crossing, or do they do a simulated one? are the streets crowded? any input you guys have is much appreciated.
congrats to everyone going in to the july class.
it really depends on the examiner you have that day but that guy ray pretty much knows them all so listen to what he says... when i took mine i only pre-triped the front, left side, and rear.... i didnt forget any parts but i got points taken off for missing the saftey equipment i was thrown off cause the guy had us do the first 3 air-brake tests first and then pre-trip outside then inside and then the last 2 tests i think thats how it went if i remember correctly they'll let u kno before u go.... no R.R. crossing but theres a draw bridge and the streets are pretty crowded, theres a bus parking lot on the same block also a dsny garage so theres a **** load of busses and trucks pay attention to what they show and tell you before u start take your time and keep cool and you'll be fine

Old 06-16-2008, 01:33 PM

71 posts, read 116,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickg1521 View Post
I just got off the phone with hr. She said they are still in the 240's. She doubts very highly that they will get to the 270's. She said the august class is a definite. DAMN got my hopes up again....
Thanks for the update Nick

Old 06-16-2008, 01:34 PM

257 posts, read 452,499 times
if any off you guys see a white school bus from ferrari driving school FINESSING the streets of the bronx on the 24th that will be me... i might also be the crazed man beating the hell out of his road test examiner untill the police show up and take me away and then you read about me the next day in the news and the headline reads man terminates the terminator........lolololol.............. we'll see how it plays out

Old 06-16-2008, 01:46 PM

2 posts, read 3,148 times
congrats to everyone whos doing they final processing. i have a quick question. does DSNY hire a new class every month. also im number 18xx, does anyone have any idea how far off i am to getting called for my medical. i passed the physical already.

Old 06-16-2008, 01:51 PM

131 posts, read 218,176 times
240's! That sucks. I am 549 and it doesn't look good for me even. I hope they take one more in before Dec. Because they don't take classes during the winter.

Old 06-16-2008, 02:01 PM

1,810 posts, read 6,208,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawg1331 View Post
congrats to everyone whos doing they final processing. i have a quick question. does DSNY hire a new class every month. also im number 18xx, does anyone have any idea how far off i am to getting called for my medical. i passed the physical already.
Welcome to the official DSNY #6063 thread. Nobody knows when there will be another class after the August one. No there isn't a class every month. Here is the breakdown from the last exam in 2003. They hired a lot last time,so this time around could be different. I hope you get called before Feb 09.

2007 hires: 789---7 classes
2006 hires: 638---7 classes.
2005 hires: 756---7 classes.
2004 hires: 412---4 classes

Old 06-16-2008, 02:08 PM

253 posts, read 480,705 times
Default ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vantastic10 View Post
Welcome to the official DSNY #6063 thread. Nobody knows when there will be another class after the August one. No there isn't a class every month. Here is the breakdown from the last exam in 2003. They hired a lot last time,so this time around could be different. I hope you get called before Feb 09.

2007 hires: 789---7 classes
2006 hires: 638---7 classes.
2005 hires: 756---7 classes.
2004 hires: 412---4 classes

Does anyone know how may classes they've had this year including the old list?

Old 06-16-2008, 02:19 PM

118 posts, read 218,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABE123 View Post
it really depends on the examiner you have that day but that guy ray pretty much knows them all so listen to what he says... when i took mine i only pre-triped the front, left side, and rear.... i didnt forget any parts but i got points taken off for missing the saftey equipment i was thrown off cause the guy had us do the first 3 air-brake tests first and then pre-trip outside then inside and then the last 2 tests i think thats how it went if i remember correctly they'll let u kno before u go.... no R.R. crossing but theres a draw bridge and the streets are pretty crowded, theres a bus parking lot on the same block also a dsny garage so theres a **** load of busses and trucks pay attention to what they show and tell you before u start take your time and keep cool and you'll be fine

thanks for the info Abe.
do we need to do anything special at the drawbridge?
also, are there any difficult turns? and how wuz the highway driving? did they have you on the highway for a long time?
good luck on your next test. I'm like you, I get real nervous. but I figure the better I know my *****, the more confident I'll be.
F the terminator!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City