U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2008, 01:53 PM

2 posts, read 3,094 times

Advertisements

thanks for your help vantastic10.

Old 06-16-2008, 01:58 PM

196 posts, read 369,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantastic10 View Post
Welcome to the official DSNY #6063 thread. Nobody knows when there will be another class after the August one. No there isn't a class every month. Here is the breakdown from the last exam in 2003. They hired a lot last time,so this time around could be different. I hope you get called before Feb 09.

2007 hires: 789---7 classes
2006 hires: 638---7 classes.
2005 hires: 756---7 classes.
2004 hires: 412---4 classes

thats good this is the first year off of this the 6063 test if they happened to have two more classes be for this year is up that will be 4 classes an maybe we will get lucky an they will have 7 classes next year an every year till the new test

Old 06-16-2008, 02:10 PM

231 posts, read 407,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kochise View Post
thanks for the info Abe.
do we need to do anything special at the drawbridge?
also, are there any difficult turns? and how wuz the highway driving? did they have you on the highway for a long time?
good luck on your next test. I'm like you, I get real nervous. but I figure the better I know my *****, the more confident I'll be.
F the terminator!
The Bronx road test is a little congested, so you need to be patient going around other trucks and crossing the the double yellow. Make sure its clear. There is one tough left hand turn, they might have mentioned it in class, just listen to your instructors about it. The highway is 1 exit. This was a big problem on our test b/c of the vehicles lack of pick up speed. we all had trouble getting to proper highway speed, so the examiner will understand, just call it out so he knows you know. Just listen to whoever is taking you to the road test. They do over train you at FBF, so if you dont get nervous you will be just fine. There is a reason they have such a high pass rate.

It rained the day of my roadtrip, i didnt even do a pre-trip.

Old 06-16-2008, 02:13 PM

655 posts, read 1,236,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJU2000 View Post
The Bronx road test is a little congested, so you need to be patient going around other trucks and crossing the the double yellow. Make sure its clear. There is one tough left hand turn, they might have mentioned it in class, just listen to your instructors about it. The highway is 1 exit. This was a big problem on our test b/c of the vehicles lack of pick up speed. we all had trouble getting to proper highway speed, so the examiner will understand, just call it out so he knows you know. Just listen to whoever is taking you to the road test. They do over train you at FBF, so if you dont get nervous you will be just fine. There is a reason they have such a high pass rate.

It rained the day of my roadtrip, i didnt even do a pre-trip.

i didn't do a pretrip either...but i went last

as soon as you get off the highway hes gonna ask u to make a left...ur gonna go under an overpass and make another left to get back on the service road....that is the tricky turn...do not go to the middle of the intersection in this case...if you do you will hit the curb on the left turn cause the service road is on a slant.

Old 06-16-2008, 02:44 PM

257 posts, read 444,136 times
no pre-trips u lucky basterds..... i wanted to ask somthin its probably a stupid question but... my main problem with the road test is my nerves and then i kinda rush when i feel like i ****ed it up... soo has anyone had an examiner that gave you a problem and said you were too patient or goin too slow or waited to long to make a turn cause basically for my next road test im gunna try and take my time, think more, and go as slow as possible.... cause i figure its better to be too patient then to rush right

Old 06-16-2008, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABE123 View Post
no pre-trips u lucky basterds..... i wanted to ask somthin its probably a stupid question but... my main problem with the road test is my nerves and then i kinda rush when i feel like i ****ed it up... soo has anyone had an examiner that gave you a problem and said you were too patient or goin too slow or waited to long to make a turn cause basically for my next road test im gunna try and take my time, think more, and go as slow as possible.... cause i figure its better to be too patient then to rush right

yea i experienced that.....it also made me EXTREMELY COTTONMOUTHED!...so the last time i took it i kept a bottle of water nearby so i could drink it when stopped at a light or something

Old 06-16-2008, 03:29 PM

136 posts, read 257,742 times
0 this will be the first class and in 04 there were 8 classes
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7xxSanitList View Post
Does anyone know how may classes they've had this year including the old list?

Old 06-16-2008, 03:31 PM

136 posts, read 257,742 times
by august 04 they were up to the late 1200's.just shows how slow this list is goin.

Old 06-16-2008, 04:17 PM

1,810 posts, read 6,087,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the commisioner View Post
0 this will be the first class and in 04 there were 8 classes
Well technically there was if you count supervisors and enforcement agents. We only care about sanitation worker,that is what we took the exam for.

Old 06-16-2008, 04:29 PM

anyone get called for final processing today? perhaps up to 270?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City