U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2008, 05:26 PM

71 posts, read 114,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekuai View Post
anyone get called for final processing today? perhaps up to 270?
No, I didn't get called (270). Who knows what happened between your number and mine though. I would imagine that they are done calling for July at this point.

Old 06-16-2008, 06:12 PM

26 posts, read 47,012 times
I Haven't Posted In A While. Afew Words For The July/august Classes. Have A Couple Hundred Dollars Ready. You Will Be In Uniform By The End Of The Week Or First Day Of Second Week No Exceptions. Beg Borrow Or Steal The Money. One Shirt And One Pair Of Pants Won't Do. They Will Give You A Minimum Uniform List And You Will Need A Reciept Proving You Bought It By The End Of First Week. You Can't Leave Fbf For Lunch, Not Enough Time And Everything Is Too Far. Roach Coach Comes Around At Morning Break And Lunch Time. If Money Is Tight Pack A Lunch They Have A Couple Fridges In Lunch Room. Bring Dollars For Snapple/water Vending Machines.very Important- Don't Be Late! Carry With You Every Phone Number They Give You. If You Are Ever Late - Call! Don't Just Show Up Late.

Old 06-16-2008, 06:26 PM

502 posts, read 882,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QW1GUY View Post
I Haven't Posted In A While. Afew Words For The July/august Classes. Have A Couple Hundred Dollars Ready. You Will Be In Uniform By The End Of The Week Or First Day Of Second Week No Exceptions. Beg Borrow Or Steal The Money. One Shirt And One Pair Of Pants Won't Do. They Will Give You A Minimum Uniform List And You Will Need A Reciept Proving You Bought It By The End Of First Week. You Can't Leave Fbf For Lunch, Not Enough Time And Everything Is Too Far. Roach Coach Comes Around At Morning Break And Lunch Time. If Money Is Tight Pack A Lunch They Have A Couple Fridges In Lunch Room. Bring Dollars For Snapple/water Vending Machines.very Important- Don't Be Late! Carry With You Every Phone Number They Give You. If You Are Ever Late - Call! Don't Just Show Up Late.
Very brief and very informative......Thanks. Where do we buy the uniforms? Someone said it would cost about $900.00 for our first set of uniforms....Is that true or exagerated? Also, how long will we be at fbf? Thanks in advance.

Old 06-16-2008, 06:40 PM

Macs Uniforms On Flatbush Ave Is About 1.5 Miles From Fbf. You Can Go After Class. About $500 Will Get You Set Up. You Will Also Need A Good Pair Of Boots And Work Gloves. You Will Be At Fbf At Least 3 Weeks. Your Second Week Is Four Days Of Ojt.

Old 06-16-2008, 06:45 PM

502 posts, read 882,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QW1GUY View Post
Macs Uniforms On Flatbush Ave Is About 1.5 Miles From Fbf. You Can Go After Class. About $500 Will Get You Set Up. You Will Also Need A Good Pair Of Boots And Work Gloves. You Will Be At Fbf At Least 3 Weeks. Your Second Week Is Four Days Of Ojt.
Awesome, thank's a lot. Otj meaning collecting garbage, or a variety of different assignments?

Old 06-16-2008, 07:03 PM

142 posts, read 233,594 times
Good Luck Gman and any others taking the test tomorrow.

Old 06-16-2008, 07:19 PM

473 posts, read 813,866 times
I remember at orientation we were told we would need $500. $94.25 for the fingerprints and $400 for our uniforms. I plan on asking tomorrow about uniforms. From what I was told all the uniform places know what we need so we can basically go before july and buy our uniforms and not wait until fbf when 100 guys are buying.

Old 06-16-2008, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by salsan View Post
awesome, Thank's A Lot. Otj Meaning Collecting Garbage, Or A Variety Of Different Assignments?
When You Get Sent To Ojt You Will Work One Of These Shifts:12am To 8am, 2pm To 10pm Or 4pm To Midnite.ojt Is Usually Relays. Somebody From The Garage You Go To, Will Ride With You To Dump Trucks. You Are Supposed To Do All The Driving And Handling Controls To Dump The Truck. Bring A Small Cooler With Water Or Something, These Trucks Are Hot Even At Night. Bring Thin Work Gloves(called Liners) You Don't Want To Touch Anything Barehanded.you Must Be In Uniform Including Work Boots(no Sneakers At All!)

Old 06-16-2008, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grapes24 View Post
i Remember At Orientation We Were Told We Would Need $500. $94.25 For The Fingerprints And $400 For Our Uniforms. I Plan On Asking Tomorrow About Uniforms. From What I Was Told All The Uniform Places Know What We Need So We Can Basically Go Before July And Buy Our Uniforms And Not Wait Until Fbf When 100 Guys Are Buying.
Uniform Stores Will Only Sell You Pants, Gloves, And Boots Now. Uniform Items With Dsny Logo Can Be Purchased Only When You Have Your Dsny Id.

Old 06-16-2008, 07:44 PM

10 posts, read 16,321 times
Default cdl road test in the BRONX

Hello...I need help!!! Im stressed. I have completed medical permit classes etc. This is the home stretch - the cdl road test...and yes I have to take it in the BRONX. I have heard about the terminator, cracks in the road, a lot of failures...etc. This sucks...I live in Staten Island and I have to go to the Bronx to take the test. Can some one out there - Please help me? I already feel like I am going to get the Terminator, freak out, and make a stupid mistake. I have come so far - I want to pass!!! HELP??? John D
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City