U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2008, 01:33 PM

41 posts, read 61,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salsan View Post
I have to bring the disposition papers from court again? Are you sure? did they emphasize that. I have the papers but I hope that won't be a problem now. They said I was good at orientation....
Bring them....YEs...bring them..just in case... i mean they might have copies form orientation...but i will bring everything again... they can make mistakes also... but yea...they wanted to see mine..and another guys...called our names...and we showed them... so we were good to go..

Old 06-17-2008, 01:38 PM

502 posts, read 882,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dems View Post
Bring them....YEs...bring them..just in case... i mean they might have copies form orientation...but i will bring everything again... they can make mistakes also... but yea...they wanted to see mine..and another guys...called our names...and we showed them... so we were good to go..
Ok, I have everything you listed ready, and the 20 page booklet which you forgot to list....lol....I just want to make sure I don't have to go back with some nonsense paperwork I forgot....

Old 06-17-2008, 01:39 PM

300 posts, read 579,393 times
Congrats DEMS !! I wish everyone the best of luck !
I have all that paperwork i need even the money order when they start calling for the august class...

Old 06-17-2008, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipez View Post
Congrats DEMS !! I wish everyone the best of luck !
I have all that paperwork i need even the money order when they start calling for the august class...
Very prepared....That's good. I just got the money order today. I kept forgetting. Imagine if I went there tomorrow and forgot that.....

Old 06-17-2008, 01:42 PM

41 posts, read 61,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salsan View Post
Ok, I have everything you listed ready, and the 20 page booklt which you forgot to list....lol....I just want to make sure I don't have to go back with some nonsense paperwork I forgot....
yea Sal... bring everything i said..basically whatever is on the sheet that says DONT QUIT YOUR JOB .. and you will be fine...one thing i heard HR lady say... is... we get $31,200..now .then 6 months after training she said we get $36,000...is this true...? i thought it goes up only 2,000 more..

Old 06-17-2008, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dems View Post
yea Sal... bring everything i said..basically whatever is on the sheet that says DONT QUIT YOUR JOB .. and you will be fine...one thing i heard HR lady say... is... we get $31,200..now .then 6 months after training she said we get $36,000...is this true...? i thought it goes up only 2,000 more..
I'm an information freak. So tomorrow I'll know what it goes up. I hope it is $36,000 in six months....I just found the paper that says "Don't quit your job". I have all the documents.....

Old 06-17-2008, 01:48 PM

473 posts, read 813,307 times
Hey guys, we got out today at 1:15 it is a slow process so be prepared to just sit around. Make sure you fill out everything in the booklet and initial each page. Make sure you have a postal money order and current proof of residency. You need your birth certificate or a passport. I saw one guy was put on hold because the name on his birth certificate didn't match any of his other i.d.'s. If you already gave them court dispositions at orientation and nothing was added to your 20 page booklet that required a dispostion then you don't need to bring it again. They are looking for new things since orientation not the same info.
We got finger printed and took our id pics, they actually have our id's but we didn't get them. We had to fill out a packet about tax info and the other usual new emplyment documents.
By the way August 6th is the next class.

Old 06-17-2008, 01:50 PM

473 posts, read 813,307 times
Now I am getting drunk

Old 06-17-2008, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAPES24 View Post
Hey guys, we got out today at 1:15 it is a slow process so be prepared to just sit around. Make sure you fill out everything in the booklet and initial each page. Make sure you have a postal money order and current proof of residency. You need your birth certificate or a passport. I saw one guy was put on hold because the name on his birth certificate didn't match any of his other i.d.'s. If you already gave them court dispositions at orientation and nothing was added to your 20 page booklet that required a dispostion then you don't need to bring it again. They are looking for new things since orientation not the same info.
We got finger printed and took our id pics, they actually have our id's but we didn't get them. We had to fill out a packet about tax info and the other usual new emplyment documents.
By the way August 6th is the next class.
Thanks for the additional info......What time do you have to report on the 7th.? fbf?

Old 06-17-2008, 01:52 PM

193 posts, read 346,844 times
yea another OTJ here start is definatly the 7th, Aug 7 for the next class they said.
Make sure all paperwork is in the same name two people had problems one had a birth cert. that did not match his SS card or License. The other had to go to global to get a translation of his school records and they said (DCAS) that it had to say High School Diploma. Make sure you have your POSTAL MONEY ORDER FOR 94.25!!! one guy didn't but ran to the post office and got one no problem! But who wants to go through that!!. They take your finger prints and photo for the ID you get to see it just before they collect it again-lol-!!! You also get info on Health and differed conpensation to go over and have with you when you report to FBF. Birth certificates have to be original!!! Pasports where good also instead. Everything you wrote in your 20 page book has to jive with what you already told them if not they call you out and you have to correct it. But no biggie. Remember to inital all the pages at the bottom and the last page that you sign wheter you have additional paper attached and such have to be filled in and the date.
Last Good luck to all going in the next few days and in Aug class not able to find out any deffinate # on were they were or who was called but they said 100 for each class!!!!!!!!!! See you all at FBF
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City