U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-17-2008, 04:20 PM

876 posts, read 1,220,305 times
Default Congrads everyone who made the first class

I am very glad that some of you are in the first class. I wish you all luck. Someone asked a question about buying uniforms and needing an dsny id. The answer is yes, they will not sell you a uniform if you do not have id.

Old 06-17-2008, 04:23 PM

257 posts, read 330,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Charge View Post
I tend to believe its Aug 11th for the start date because why on earth would they start training on anything other than a monday? the 6th is a wednesday. Argh i gotta pass this damn road test on the 30th then I can rest easy
in the same boat as you mann... hows it goin with that school........
they treated me like **** especially lying to my mother tellin her that they got a road test for me on june 15th "a sunday" when we told them we weren't goin through them then she said that she was gunna refund all the money to my moms then called me n said there keepin a registration fee BS if u ask me they were quick to take my money then didnt do s#!t for mee till a week later... everyone stay away from those a holes

but i hope every things goin well wit you man, ur usin a box truck right and isnt the road test supposed to be in maspeth

Old 06-17-2008, 04:30 PM

288 posts, read 498,933 times
Default Tip's /job's

LISTEN GUY'S THE FIRST CLASS IS GOING TO START REAL SOON AS YOU ALL KNOW. I CAN NOT STRESS ENOUGH DO NOT TAKE TIP'S OR DO JOB'S ON YOUR RT. YOU GET CAUGHT KISS THE JOB GOODBYE THE "OTJ" GUY'S CAN EXPLAIN THE RULE'S BETTER I'M SURE THEY HAVE CHANGED A BIT SINCE I RETIRED FROM THE JOB.

Old 06-17-2008, 04:32 PM

208 posts, read 278,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABE123 View Post
in the same boat as you mann... hows it goin with that school........
they treated me like **** especially lying to my mother tellin her that they got a road test for me on june 15th "a sunday" when we told them we weren't goin through them then she said that she was gunna refund all the money to my moms then called me n said there keepin a registration fee BS if u ask me they were quick to take my money then didnt do s#!t for mee till a week later... everyone stay away from those a holes

but i hope every things goin well wit you man, ur usin a box truck right and isnt the road test supposed to be in maspeth
If i want to wait for maspeth its July 14th.. no thanks. June 30 in white plains should be okay since I dont think it will be nearly as busy as Willie Randolph in the BX. Im taking my final hour at 11am and taking the test at 2 so at least I'll be fresher than the week in between my final day at FBF and my first RT. Also it will be the truck I've been driving... not the new version with completely different steering and brakes like DSNY five you.

No A/C but that should rush the test along. As long as there are no surprise lefts I should be ok. but who knows... I thought my first test was a slam dunk and look how right I was.

Congrats to everyone getting appointed for July. Remember us when it comes to the garages and be kind with your seniority.

Old 06-17-2008, 04:34 PM

257 posts, read 330,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimscan View Post
Me too. I'm in my 750's and unless some type of miracle happen I guess we'll just have to wait till they set up a new class. Sigh
yo dont be thinkin like that people u never know wut will happen and i bet when the numbers get higher theres more spaces between them with who gets called for final

Old 06-17-2008, 04:39 PM

193 posts, read 269,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dems View Post
i live uptown..in the bronx..w00pw00p...near Bx 9,10 and 11
Staten Island, wOOpwOOp lol

Old 06-17-2008, 04:43 PM

82 posts, read 93,441 times
Quote:
yo dont be thinkin like that people u never know wut will happen and i bet when the numbers get higher theres more spaces between them with who gets called for final
Yes, i heard there are definetly more gaps and jumps in list #'rs as they go along..

Old 06-17-2008, 04:47 PM

193 posts, read 269,837 times
Quote:
More people might have went to other jobs while waiting for the DSNY job to open up so theirs probably be more names skiped in the higher #'s

Old 06-17-2008, 04:54 PM

72 posts, read 146,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe8 View Post
More people might have went to other jobs while waiting for the DSNY job to open up so theirs probably be more names skiped in the higher #'s

I just want them to skip to #535 for the August class,lol. With my luck I'll come up 2 or 3 short. And all that would mean is that I have ANOTHER 3- 6 months on here begging for any information I can get. Hopefully, everyone on this thread will one day have the chance to say remember when we use to visit the site to see what the frig was going on. Again, congrats to Dems,Grapres,Joe8, and evryone else who starts on the 7th.

Old 06-17-2008, 06:19 PM

128 posts, read 151,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNYSANMAN View Post
I am very glad that some of you are in the first class. I wish you all luck. Someone asked a question about buying uniforms and needing an dsny id. The answer is yes, they will not sell you a uniform if you do not have id.

there doing some type of package for uniforms 315.00$ will get you basic uniform they sent us home with a letter stating that today ....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City