U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2008, 08:09 PM

300 posts, read 589,651 times

Advertisements

GMAN you dont need to because DSNY will send it to HR the same day ... But i called up just to cover my A$$ and make sure there were no screw ups...

Old 06-17-2008, 08:12 PM

300 posts, read 589,651 times
lolol.. didnt see your post Vittucio...

I have a question aout the i.d.'s If you need them to get uniforms when do you get it so your able to purchase them ??? Because arent you supposed to be in uniform for training ???

Old 06-17-2008, 08:24 PM

128 posts, read 201,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipez View Post
lolol.. didnt see your post Vittucio...

I have a question aout the i.d.'s If you need them to get uniforms when do you get it so your able to purchase them ??? Because arent you supposed to be in uniform for training ???

lol thats aright pipez....no what happens is final processing they take your pic show u ur id and you gotta give it back b4 u leave that day.,...u have 3 days into trainging to purchase ur uniform...your first day on fbf they give you back your id to keep....

Old 06-17-2008, 08:27 PM

11 posts, read 16,173 times
hey guys logged in here last night for the first time. I unfortunately did not hear anything today so I guess the july class filled up in the 240's . Anybody hear any different. I am low 260's.

Old 06-17-2008, 09:51 PM

193 posts, read 353,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMANHB View Post
Good Luck to those people (bklyn) taking their road test tomorrow at SI. I passed my road test today, it wasn't to bad got 10 points off for not being in the intersection while waiting to make a left turn, it just was a long day! DO I need to call DCAS and let them know that I passed my road test? Congrats to all the guys moving on.
If you took it with FBF they will notify DCAS for you if not and you took it privatly yes you do!

Old 06-17-2008, 09:53 PM

193 posts, read 353,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2B_DSNY View Post
hey guys logged in here last night for the first time. I unfortunately did not hear anything today so I guess the july class filled up in the 240's . Anybody hear any different. I am low 260's.
Your a shoe in for Aug 11th Good Luck!

Old 06-17-2008, 11:30 PM

502 posts, read 898,113 times
It's 1:25 a.m. and I'm just getting ready to go to sleep now. I worked late. So hopefully I'll wake up tomorrow for final processing. lol. Everyone taking their road tests soon, good luck. If you haven't gotten called yet, just be patient and hope for it to happen soon. I know it's hard to hear us all sound excited because it's happening now, but remember, God has a reason for everything, and at the right time it will happen......So just take it easy, and be happy that you are going to get the job, sometime in the near future......God bless.

Old 06-17-2008, 11:59 PM

163 posts, read 288,170 times
Thumbs up Congrats

Congrats To All The New Hires And Welcome Aboard. 1.do Not Be Late For Fbf. 2. Bring A Lunch Box Or Bag, The Roach Coach Is Nasty. 3. You Will Be Filling Out A Lot More Paper Work The First Couple Of Days So Be Prepared. 4. You Will Need Some More Money Orders For Joining The Union And A Defensive Driving Course They Give (i Dont Recall The Amounts). 5. The Uniforms,yes You Need An Id To Purchase And Yes You Will Have Them. Get The Basic For Now It Will Run You About $300. It May Be A Ride For Some And I Have No Affiliation, But The Place On Castle Hill Has Very Good Stock And Embroidery Is A One Day Turnaround.you Will Get A List Of Uniform Places That The Dept Allows. And As The Weather Gets Colder Get Warmer Gear. Boots Buy The Best You Can For Now With What You Can Afford (walmart Has A Great Pair Of Boots Called The Commander Made By Herman Survivors For Aprx $40) Gloves The Orange Rubber Or The Black Rubber Called Vipers (best Ones) Glove Liners And A Good Pair Of Leather Ones. Get Lots Of Dsny T-shirts. 7. You New Guys Will Be Trained On The Mechanical Brooms (street Sweeper), Front End Loaders And The Ez Pak. Take It From An Ex Gu Any Piece Of Equipment Dsny Has That Uses A Joystick For Controls Needs To Be Finesssssed And Not Manhandled Or Brutal With. 8. Listen To Your Instrutor (moe Especially He Takes Pride In Training You Guys) 9. It May Be Hard At A Low Starting Salary But Sign Up For Defered Com (457) Even If Your Contributing Only 3%. 10. Cant Stress This Enough Safety Safety Safety, You Show Up For Work With All Your Limbs Andextremeties As Well As Your Co-workers...go Home That Way....it's Going To Get Stressfull At Times Being The New Guy And The Bottom Guy But It Gets Better. You Will Bounce (work Diff Shifts) And Have Supv That Know Your A Proby Mess With You And Have You Doing A Lot Or Dirty Jobs But Just Stick With It And Before You Know It...your Passing Info Like This To Someone Junior To You. First Day At You Garages Look For A Shop Stewart And Get Thier Phone Numbers.

Again Congrats And If You Have Any Questions Feel Free To Ask.

Old 06-18-2008, 03:29 AM

77 posts, read 125,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salsan View Post
It's 1:25 a.m. and I'm just getting ready to go to sleep now. I worked late. So hopefully I'll wake up tomorrow for final processing. lol. Everyone taking their road tests soon, good luck. If you haven't gotten called yet, just be patient and hope for it to happen soon. I know it's hard to hear us all sound excited because it's happening now, but remember, God has a reason for everything, and at the right time it will happen......So just take it easy, and be happy that you are going to get the job, sometime in the near future......God bless.

Good luck today guys. Let us know how you make out.

Old 06-18-2008, 05:24 AM

51 posts, read 87,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanman1221 View Post
Congrats To All The New Hires And Welcome Aboard. 1.do Not Be Late For Fbf. 2. Bring A Lunch Box Or Bag, The Roach Coach Is Nasty. 3. You Will Be Filling Out A Lot More Paper Work The First Couple Of Days So Be Prepared. 4. You Will Need Some More Money Orders For Joining The Union And A Defensive Driving Course They Give (i Dont Recall The Amounts). 5. The Uniforms,yes You Need An Id To Purchase And Yes You Will Have Them. Get The Basic For Now It Will Run You About $300. It May Be A Ride For Some And I Have No Affiliation, But The Place On Castle Hill Has Very Good Stock And Embroidery Is A One Day Turnaround.you Will Get A List Of Uniform Places That The Dept Allows. And As The Weather Gets Colder Get Warmer Gear. Boots Buy The Best You Can For Now With What You Can Afford (walmart Has A Great Pair Of Boots Called The Commander Made By Herman Survivors For Aprx $40) Gloves The Orange Rubber Or The Black Rubber Called Vipers (best Ones) Glove Liners And A Good Pair Of Leather Ones. Get Lots Of Dsny T-shirts. 7. You New Guys Will Be Trained On The Mechanical Brooms (street Sweeper), Front End Loaders And The Ez Pak. Take It From An Ex Gu Any Piece Of Equipment Dsny Has That Uses A Joystick For Controls Needs To Be Finesssssed And Not Manhandled Or Brutal With. 8. Listen To Your Instrutor (moe Especially He Takes Pride In Training You Guys) 9. It May Be Hard At A Low Starting Salary But Sign Up For Defered Com (457) Even If Your Contributing Only 3%. 10. Cant Stress This Enough Safety Safety Safety, You Show Up For Work With All Your Limbs Andextremeties As Well As Your Co-workers...go Home That Way....it's Going To Get Stressfull At Times Being The New Guy And The Bottom Guy But It Gets Better. You Will Bounce (work Diff Shifts) And Have Supv That Know Your A Proby Mess With You And Have You Doing A Lot Or Dirty Jobs But Just Stick With It And Before You Know It...your Passing Info Like This To Someone Junior To You. First Day At You Garages Look For A Shop Stewart And Get Thier Phone Numbers.

Again Congrats And If You Have Any Questions Feel Free To Ask.
Great post sanman1221, thanks.

Also, congrats and good luck to all the guys going in to the July class !!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City