U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2008, 11:12 AM

193 posts, read 347,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kochise View Post
when you are approaching an intersection and there are cars in front of you turning left and you are trying to turn left, do you pull up behind them or wait behind the crosswalk? I'm concerned that if I pull up behind them, the light will turn red and then I'm stuck in the middle of the intersection.

and when you do the pre-trip, is it just you and the examiner or are the 8-10 other guys all standing around watching you too? (at least I won't have Moe screamin' at me)
Do not enter the intersection until there is no one in it. IE stay behind the crosswalk until the intersection is cleared of turning vehicals then use the intersection for your turn only one vehical at a time can use it. Good Luck!!

Old 06-18-2008, 11:24 AM

125 posts, read 229,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QW1GUY View Post
I Went To Fbf 3 Years Ago. They Might Have Cut The Shuttle Buses To Save Fuel. But They Still Had Them For Last Years Classes.
hey hows qw1 to work at? my friend works there, i live right on 21st ST and 33rd RD, he mentioned if i get hired to try and transfer there as soon as possible, that would be great to just walk one block to work.

Old 06-18-2008, 11:35 AM

502 posts, read 884,761 times
I got back a little while ago. It's a stressful day, or at least it was for me. Paperwork, photos id's, fingerprints. That's it. You don't pick medical or set up your pension until you go to fbf. Most important things you need are, birth certificate, cdl license, proof of residency from no longer than 60 days ago , social security card, postal money order for 94.25. without those you will be put on hold until a date they tell you to bring it in, i think june 25 or somewhere around there. They said they are still calling to fill the july class. My guess is that if they are, it will be next week after this processing. I hope that's true. we'll see. Thats all for now, i gotta go.....Sorry if i forgot anything i'll write it later

Old 06-18-2008, 11:46 AM

77 posts, read 123,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salsan View Post
I got back a little while ago. It's a stressful day, or at least it was for me. Paperwork, photos id's, fingerprints. That's it. You don't pick medical or set up your pension until you go to fbf. Most important things you need are, birth certificate, cdl license, proof of residency from no longer than 60 days ago , social security card, postal money order for 94.25. without those you will be put on hold until a date they tell you to bring it in, i think june 25 or somewhere around there. They said they are still calling to fill the july class. My guess is that if they are, it will be next week after this processing. I hope that's true. we'll see. Thats all for now, i gotta go.....Sorry if i forgot anything i'll write it later
Hey Congrats Sal. Did they mention how many more they need for the July class?

Old 06-18-2008, 11:52 AM

71 posts, read 114,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kochise View Post
when you are approaching an intersection and there are cars in front of you turning left and you are trying to turn left, do you pull up behind them or wait behind the crosswalk? I'm concerned that if I pull up behind them, the light will turn red and then I'm stuck in the middle of the intersection.

and when you do the pre-trip, is it just you and the examiner or are the 8-10 other guys all standing around watching you too? (at least I won't have Moe screamin' at me)
also, with the pre-trip, you are just with the examiner. the van with the guys is back a ways

Old 06-18-2008, 12:19 PM

41 posts, read 61,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie00021 View Post
Great post sanman1221, thanks.

Also, congrats and good luck to all the guys going in to the July class !!!!
Paulie..i live on Castle Hill... i know the varsity store you are talking about..w00pw00p..

Old 06-18-2008, 12:39 PM

289 posts, read 661,473 times
Default Pension Paper Work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salsan View Post
HELLO YOUR PENSION IS 20 YEAR'S AND OUT ,YOU CAN STAY IF YOU LIKE AND YOUR PENSION WILL GROW EACH YEAR UP TO THE 30TH ,WHEN YOU PUT YOUR PAPER'S IN TO RETIRE YOU WILL PICK YOUR OPTION ,"LOOK IT UP AT NYCERS .COM" GOOD DAY GUY'S .

Old 06-18-2008, 12:47 PM

1,810 posts, read 6,107,140 times
Does anybody know if they will reject a social security card that is laminated? I got mine laminated years ago even though on the back of the card it says "do not laminate".. I did it so the card wouldn't get torn,worn out.

Old 06-18-2008, 12:53 PM

131 posts, read 214,327 times
Hey Van that's an awesome question. I actually tried to do the same thing a couple of years ago but the girl at Staples actually knew you weren't supposed to do that. I would break out a razor blade and carefully try to cut it out. Even if it isn't an issue at Dsny maybe it will be someplace else.

Old 06-18-2008, 12:58 PM

136 posts, read 258,471 times
congrats to all the new guys comin on.its a great job just be patient it will only get better!!!remember to sign up for columbian and emerald societies.attent a few meetings and some dinner dances.it never hurts to become a friend to a bigwig.especially if u want to move up in the dept.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City