U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 06-18-2008, 01:05 PM
 
88 posts, read 135,450 times
Reputation: 22
Congrats to everybody that went to final today. Quick question regarding the 20 page booklet:

I lost the envelope that I kept all my dsny paperwork in, so I went to the city today and they gave me a new booklet. It says "City of new york comprehensive personnel document (CPD-B)" Is this the right one?

 
Old 06-18-2008, 01:13 PM
 
Location: Neither here nor there
1,810 posts, read 4,127,919 times
Reputation: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhc123 View Post
Hey Van that's an awesome question. I actually tried to do the same thing a couple of years ago but the girl at Staples actually knew you weren't supposed to do that. I would break out a razor blade and carefully try to cut it out. Even if it isn't an issue at Dsny maybe it will be someplace else.
I was at the Social Security website,it isn't illegal to laminate your card but they don't want you to for security reasons. You can get a replacement card for free by mail or in person no more than 3x a yr or 10 times overall in your lifetime.

Like a dummy when I was younger I used to carry my card in my wallet,once I get my replacement card I will leave it at home until I need it for whatever reason. Better to be safe than sorry since I don't know how fussy the DSNY is with documents.
 
Old 06-18-2008, 01:17 PM
 
Location: staten island
655 posts, read 959,915 times
Reputation: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by the commisioner View Post
congrats to all the new guys comin on.its a great job just be patient it will only get better!!!remember to sign up for columbian and emerald societies.attent a few meetings and some dinner dances.it never hurts to become a friend to a bigwig.especially if u want to move up in the dept.
i'm chinese...won't i stick out like a sore thumb? lol ill def join the jade society tho lol
 
Old 06-18-2008, 01:18 PM
 
Location: staten island
655 posts, read 959,915 times
Reputation: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
Congrats to everybody that went to final today. Quick question regarding the 20 page booklet:

I lost the envelope that I kept all my dsny paperwork in, so I went to the city today and they gave me a new booklet. It says "City of new york comprehensive personnel document (CPD-B)" Is this the right one?
yep thats it
 
Old 06-18-2008, 01:19 PM
 
Location: staten island
655 posts, read 959,915 times
Reputation: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7xxSanitList View Post
Hey chino and Kuai please if you could find out what number there up to tommorow... Congrats

will do.
 
Old 06-18-2008, 01:22 PM
 
136 posts, read 203,059 times
Reputation: 23
join all of them!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekuai View Post
i'm chinese...won't i stick out like a sore thumb? lol ill def join the jade society tho lol
 
Old 06-18-2008, 01:58 PM
 
208 posts, read 288,958 times
Reputation: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by the commisioner View Post
congrats to all the new guys comin on.its a great job just be patient it will only get better!!!remember to sign up for columbian and emerald societies.attent a few meetings and some dinner dances.it never hurts to become a friend to a bigwig.especially if u want to move up in the dept.
Haha I'm half Irish half Italian... I look Irish but have an Italian last name... do I half join the Columbia and half join the Emerald? LOL
 
Old 06-18-2008, 02:26 PM
 
Location: Queens
300 posts, read 447,310 times
Reputation: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
Congrats to everybody that went to final today. Quick question regarding the 20 page booklet:

I lost the envelope that I kept all my dsny paperwork in, so I went to the city today and they gave me a new booklet. It says "City of new york comprehensive personnel document (CPD-B)" Is this the right one?

That is the right one ... make a copy of it for yourself .. Then copy the one you fill out as well so if you ever leave for another city agency you stay consistent with your info !
 
Old 06-18-2008, 02:33 PM
 
118 posts, read 164,104 times
Reputation: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipez View Post
That is the right one ... make a copy of it for yourself .. Then copy the one you fill out as well so if you ever leave for another city agency you stay consistent with your info !

did you guys provide exact dates for all your schools and jobs? how do you get that info, especially for a grammar school?
 
Old 06-18-2008, 02:49 PM
 
288 posts, read 515,220 times
Reputation: 63
Default Dept. Society's

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekuai View Post
i'm chinese...won't i stick out like a sore thumb? lol ill def join the jade society tho lol
YOU CAN JOIN THEM ALL. THEY COME WITH A INS. POLICY ALSO .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread



Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top