U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-18-2008, 02:53 PM
 
Location: Queens
389 posts, read 687,070 times
Reputation: 47

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salsan View Post
I got back a little while ago. It's a stressful day, or at least it was for me. Paperwork, photos id's, fingerprints. That's it. You don't pick medical or set up your pension until you go to fbf. Most important things you need are, birth certificate, cdl license, proof of residency from no longer than 60 days ago , social security card, postal money order for 94.25. without those you will be put on hold until a date they tell you to bring it in, i think june 25 or somewhere around there. They said they are still calling to fill the july class. My guess is that if they are, it will be next week after this processing. I hope that's true. we'll see. Thats all for now, i gotta go.....Sorry if i forgot anything i'll write it later
Hey i didn't get to see my ID picture.

 
Old 06-18-2008, 03:10 PM
 
13 posts, read 25,096 times
Reputation: 13
First of all congratulations to everybody going to final processing. For those that went today, how many people were in your class? I think somebody said yesterday that there were 30 people in thier class yesterday. And for those going in the coming days try to count how many were in your class. At least we can get an idea of how many were called so far even though we don't know whats the highest number they stopped at.
 
Old 06-18-2008, 03:16 PM
 
Location: Queens
389 posts, read 687,070 times
Reputation: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimscan View Post
First of all congratulations to everybody going to final processing. For those that went today, how many people were in your class? I think somebody said yesterday that there were 30 people in thier class yesterday. And for those going in the coming days try to count how many were in your class. At least we can get an idea of how many were called so far even though we don't know whats the highest number they stopped at.
Looked like 3 tables of 4-5 each and few others sitting in chairs without desks or anything so maybe 20-25 tops. I thought I had seen an earlier post indicating they were takin 25 on the 17th, 18th, 19th and 24th. Perhaps after they see how many they have after those four days will dictate if and how mant more they will call for July, so those guys in the high 200's may have to hold their breath until HR sees how many more people they need.

We were done at about 12:45 today
 
Old 06-18-2008, 03:24 PM
 
2 posts, read 2,884 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 606313X View Post
Looked like 3 tables of 4-5 each and few others sitting in chairs without desks or anything so maybe 20-25 tops. I thought I had seen an earlier post indicating they were takin 25 on the 17th, 18th, 19th and 24th. Perhaps after they see how many they have after those four days will dictate if and how mant more they will call for July, so those guys in the high 200's may have to hold their breath until HR sees how many more people they need.

We were done at about 12:45 today
Wow, I can't believe that after the 100x I googled DSNY to get some info on the list, I missed this thread. TY to whoever created this thread and to all the posters on this thread.
My list # is 1788. Anyone have any idea when I might get called in for pre-employment training? Thx alot guys and congrats to all who have made it and GL to all who are still waiting.
 
Old 06-18-2008, 03:32 PM
 
502 posts, read 893,444 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by 606313X View Post
Hey i didn't get to see my ID picture.
Lol. I saw yours and everyone else's. He took them out of the machine when I was there. Mine wasn't ready, so he showed me on the screen. They are white, and it looks like the machines takes good pics......
 
Old 06-18-2008, 03:36 PM
 
502 posts, read 893,444 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by kochise View Post
did you guys provide exact dates for all your schools and jobs? how do you get that info, especially for a grammar school?
Yes. But they were more interested in work. I had to change two things because there were gaps from the times I stopped working until I started working again.....She said it all had to gel...Those were her words.....They wouldn't say how high they were on the list, but they did say they may still need some and will still call more.....
 
Old 06-18-2008, 03:38 PM
 
502 posts, read 893,444 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ73 View Post
Wow, I can't believe that after the 100x I googled DSNY to get some info on the list, I missed this thread. TY to whoever created this thread and to all the posters on this thread.
My list # is 1788. Anyone have any idea when I might get called in for pre-employment training? Thx alot guys and congrats to all who have made it and GL to all who are still waiting.
Thanks, Welcome.....I told a lot of people there today, so we might get some more new ones here.....
 
Old 06-18-2008, 03:41 PM
 
Location: Brooklyn/ Staten island
128 posts, read 200,633 times
Reputation: 17
hey does anyone know if they have a chatroom on this city-data website?
 
Old 06-18-2008, 03:55 PM
 
Location: Flushing, Queens
257 posts, read 449,882 times
Reputation: 27
so did they give u guys time to fill in the 20pg booklets cause i didnt even look at it yet and i know they stressed us to fill it out before we get there for final..... im gunna make copies of it n keep one and have a spare just in case...... but if you screw things up they let u fix it and fill in addition information right?
 
Old 06-18-2008, 03:58 PM
 
Location: Brooklyn/ Staten island
128 posts, read 200,633 times
Reputation: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABE123 View Post
so did they give u guys time to fill in the 20pg booklets cause i didnt even look at it yet and i know they stressed us to fill it out before we get there for final..... im gunna make copies of it n keep one and have a spare just in case...... but if you screw things up they let u fix it and fill in addition information right?


yea investigations will go through it and theyll lkeep calling u back up to correct things try to get it all done b4 though....it a pain in the a** when ur there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:08 AM.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top