Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2008, 03:04 PM

13 posts, read 28,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
You take the tests the same day, but most dmv's stop giving the test much earlier than they close. Check nysdmv.com to find your DMV's hours.

The General Knowledge is 50 questions (you need to get 40 right), air brakes is 25 (you need 20), and tanker is 20 (you'll need 16). They're all multiple choice with 3 choices per question.

It's not all that hard AS LONG AS YOU STUDY THE BOOK! Don't skip anything and take the practice tests from Welcome To Crist CDL's Online Testing Center
If you can pass all those you should be fine. 95 % of the questions are covered in the general knowledge, tanker, and air brakes chapters, but there were a couple that were covered in the first chapter about CDL licenses in general (like what kind of vehichles you can drive), so you may want to skim through that too. Good Luck.
Alright thanks A lot. I was trying to find a good site for practice tests but came up pretty empty. I probably would of went at like 4pm tomorrow also and would have been pissed that I was to late. Really appreciate it.

Old 06-25-2008, 03:46 PM

196 posts, read 425,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABE123 View Post
since were on cdls here

i have the A3 restriction on my permit and the guy that took me for the road test with ferrari was tellin me they wont give me my license untill i get it off...... i was tellin him he was wrong but i didnt want to stand there and argue with him all day......i plan on getting it off anyway so i had some questions about what i have to do or what any of you guys did........ someone told me theres a place across form ferrari its like 60$ and im in and out in 20 min so i figured id do it there...but how long does it take for them to get results and **** cause i see on the print out it says theres a urine test does that mean drug test also or there just checking urine for protein, blood, and sugar like it says?...... yea so i just wanted to ask what some of you did and how long it takes and if theres another drug test

I took it in brooklyn 2260 benson ave 718-373-2700 for around $30.00 it takes less that 10 min you take an eye test urine test an thats it they give you your card right there if you ask me i don't even think they had check my urine they was more interested in getting the money an getting you out

Old 06-25-2008, 04:45 PM

71 posts, read 130,008 times
Quote:
since were on cdls here

i have the A3 restriction on my permit and the guy that took me for the road test with ferrari was tellin me they wont give me my license untill i get it off...... i was tellin him he was wrong but i didnt want to stand there and argue with him all day......i plan on getting it off anyway so i had some questions about what i have to do or what any of you guys did........ someone told me theres a place across form ferrari its like 60$ and im in and out in 20 min so i figured id do it there...but how long does it take for them to get results and **** cause i see on the print out it says theres a urine test does that mean drug test also or there just checking urine for protein, blood, and sugar like it says?...... yea so i just wanted to ask what some of you did and how long it takes and if theres another drug test
You can do it, but you don't need it unless you're planning on driving a truck for somone other than sanitation at some point.

Old 06-25-2008, 05:07 PM

1,809 posts, read 7,059,811 times
Quote:
since were on cdls here

Of course he is wrong,you can get your CDL with an A3 restriction,like others have said here before you don't need to have the DOT exam. If you do decide to take it,it is very quick.

Check your height/weight,eyes,ears,check your pulse,blood pressure,the make you squat,touch your toes and check for a hernia. The urine test is for sugar,no drug tests. If everything is ok you get the medical card/certificate on the spot(valid for up to 2 yrs). They should have all the forms there at the clinic.

Old 06-25-2008, 05:26 PM

289 posts, read 745,933 times
Default Long Pant's

Quote:
Originally Posted by offwing View Post
I'm not really sure if I would want to pick up trash while wearing shorts ever look at your pants at the end of the day ?If I was on MLP that might be a different story
YOUR RIGHT ABOUT THE PANT'S THERE NASTY SOME DAY'S BELIEVE ME I WOULD WEAR LONG PANT'S EVERYDAY WHEN YOU START THIS JOB YOU WON'T KNOW WHAT DETAIL YOU GET, EACH DAY IS DIFFERENT I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE COMM. IS THINKING I THINK ALOT OF GUY'S WILL GET CUT OR SLASHED ON THERE LEGS LONG PANT'S HELP KEEP YOUR LEG'S CLEANER AND ALITTLE SAFER .

Old 06-25-2008, 05:28 PM

125 posts, read 266,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhc123 View Post
Hey man sorry to hear about that. What is your # btw so I can add you to the list? I am assuming you will take it in Maspeth. I took it in Maspeth and it was pretty easy. The only part that is a pain in the a$$ is the first right turn when you come out of the meeting sight. It is a right turn right into the a stop sign. Alot of people dont see it until it is too late. There is another turn that flows into railroad crossing. The highway driving isnt too bad because it will be on the LIE and usually at that time of day there is a little traffic so you dont have to worry about too much. Always project that you know whats going on. Overexaggerate yourself looking at mirrors and checking everything out. Confidence is number 1. As far as the parralel park there is a trick to it. My teacher taught me in a school bus. But the trick is you pull up to the park. Obviously you get out and check behind the bus. Then when you start you turn the wheel 2 times. Start backing up and on the bus there is a circle reflector on the side. When the reflector shows that it is over the curb you turn the wheel 1.5 times to the left and finish. Im not saying that everybody is taking it in a bus but if you find a marker like the reflector on the vehicle you will make a perfect park every time. I didnt hit the curb once in the 10 one hour lessons I took or on the roadtest. Every time was a perfect park.
hey did you go to the queens trucking school in astoria? i'm taking my classes there and i have my road test in maspeth on the 27th of june. i'll also be taking my test on a school bus? thanx for all the info it's much appreciated

Old 06-25-2008, 07:50 PM

196 posts, read 425,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenseastsanman View Post
did ya'll read the comments at the bottom there trying to play sanitation workers

Old 06-25-2008, 08:07 PM

389 posts, read 774,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grins View Post
did ya'll read the comments at the bottom there trying to play sanitation workers
Those commenters probably don't even live in the city

Old 06-25-2008, 09:32 PM

21 posts, read 65,679 times
Congrads Abe123 On Passing Ur Test,..i Know U Feal Better Now,...i Guess Well Be Getting Called In Around The Same Time Too

And For The Guy Thats Keeping A List My Number Is 67*

Old 06-26-2008, 06:31 AM

123 posts, read 250,695 times
congrats on passing, Abe.

I wonder if they could make those shorts any tighter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City