Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2008, 12:52 PM

193 posts, read 393,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 606313X View Post
We might find out who's on this thread based on who has their full uniforms on Tuesday and let the other 90 or so guys scramble to get theirs on Monday afternoon.

But you're right no one around our numbers joined up after final processing.
Hey guys you can only lead the horse to the water you can't make them drink it! The more on the tread the better, but those who want to be kept informed will join and sign up. I think this tread was a great idea even if it's just to keep each other informed on whats up. Monday is the first time alot of us will see each other in the same place at the same time. I think we should all get there a little early( not that 6 am isn't early enough) so we can associate names with faces. The group from SI will be there around 5:30.

Old 07-01-2008, 01:54 PM

123 posts, read 250,706 times
Default uniform

what brand are the pants? can't we just wear green dickies pants? they sell 'em for $20 at dave's on 6th ave & 16th in manattan. they have the best prices around on all that kind o' gear.

Old 07-01-2008, 02:44 PM

502 posts, read 1,008,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhc123 View Post
I dunno Sal we got a couple of new people that I added to the list.
I know, but not anyone that went to final processing with us. The new people are still waiting.....

Old 07-01-2008, 03:17 PM

257 posts, read 507,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanman539 View Post
I was told 7 weeks ago that i was disqualified for medical reasons.....I still havent received the letter with the official reason/appeal process...does anyone know how this works?

hey sal what exactly happened when you said you failed the medical you just called up and they said you passed right... just wondering for sanmans case..... and yo sanman did u call them to see what they say.... i would think they would be able to tell you somthing?? i would be down at HR everyday untill i got some dammn answers

Old 07-01-2008, 03:46 PM

193 posts, read 393,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanman539 View Post
I was told 7 weeks ago that i was disqualified for medical reasons.....I still havent received the letter with the official reason/appeal process...does anyone know how this works?
My brother was told the same. He beleaves it was for the hearing test but he dosen't know because they won't say anything. I spoke to the lady at HR when I went for my final orientation and she said that after they lock in the people for July they notify the dept. and then they send (the Dept) letters to those that they pased over for July for medicals the letters explaining what they failed for and what the appeal process is. I'm hoping he gets his letter soon because he is omly #25 on the list.Hope this helps.

Old 07-01-2008, 04:08 PM

656 posts, read 1,412,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kochise View Post
what brand are the pants? can't we just wear green dickies pants? they sell 'em for $20 at dave's on 6th ave & 16th in manattan. they have the best prices around on all that kind o' gear.
The brand name of the pants I got is EWC Inc.

Dickies makes several shade of green...one is department legal...the other is not. I believe the lighter of the greens is the one you gotta get

Old 07-01-2008, 04:14 PM

300 posts, read 659,256 times
Default Question about Uniform...

After final processing is complete you can order your uniforms your just not allowed to get them until you obtain the I.D. your first day ?!?

Am i right to think this ?

Old 07-01-2008, 04:24 PM

473 posts, read 932,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipez View Post
Hey Grapes24 , do you think its better for me to go to Mac's Uniform store or should i go to Jo-pauls being it is closer to our house ??? I don't mind going to Mac's , just want someone else opinion ??

Congrats to everyone that passed CDL's this week !!
Mac's is a larger store and seemed to have everything. The only reason that I knew about Jo-Pauls is because my cousins are on the job and they work in Q5 and Q2 and they went there.
When I stopped in Jo-Pauls it didn't look like he had much unless he has a basement or a large back room.
On Monday when I get the list of stores I will let you know what is close to us

Old 07-01-2008, 05:36 PM

389 posts, read 774,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAPES24 View Post
Mac's is a larger store and seemed to have everything. The only reason that I knew about Jo-Pauls is because my cousins are on the job and they work in Q5 and Q2 and they went there.
When I stopped in Jo-Pauls it didn't look like he had much unless he has a basement or a large back room.
On Monday when I get the list of stores I will let you know what is close to us
Does Mac's need you to produce any kind of proof that you are in next week's class such as that yellow appointment notice or can you just walk in with your driver's license and then the DSNY ID nxt week when you pickup? What time do they open?

Old 07-01-2008, 05:37 PM

656 posts, read 1,412,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipez View Post
After final processing is complete you can order your uniforms your just not allowed to get them until you obtain the I.D. your first day ?!?

Am i right to think this ?
correct.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City