U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-06-2008, 03:42 PM

208 posts, read 293,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABE123 View Post
WHHHOOOOOOHOOOO TOMORROW IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE REST OF YOUR LIVES LOL......... good luck tomorrow it should be fun..... call me crazy but i actually miss not getting up at 4am and driving to Floyd Bennett Field to stand out in the rain all day....
Im with ya there even tho I work at night and some days I only had 2 hours sleep... my first day at FBF CDL was a monsoon... those of us who stood out in the rain and didnt run out in the tent are the ones that are gonna make it on this job haha

Old 07-06-2008, 05:13 PM

193 posts, read 280,211 times
Don't want to burst anyone's high's but don't expect to get paid until next friday. I can't see them paying us the first week it is probable 1 week behind for pay. Just to let you guys know so your expecting it. Spoke to someone who thought we were going to be paid this Friday, Don't think that's going to happen. Just 10 more hours till I have to get up for FBF. Can't wait see you all tommorrow.

Old 07-06-2008, 05:20 PM

473 posts, read 605,569 times
For anybody going tomorrow that didn't get their NYCERS papers notarized, I am a notary and I am bringing my stamp just in case anybody needs.

Old 07-06-2008, 05:21 PM

876 posts, read 1,303,641 times
Default Pay

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe8 View Post
Don't want to burst anyone's high's but don't expect to get paid until next friday. I can't see them paying us the first week it is probable 1 week behind for pay. Just to let you guys know so your expecting it. Spoke to someone who thought we were going to be paid this Friday, Don't think that's going to happen. Just 10 more hours till I have to get up for FBF. Can't wait see you all tommorrow.
Your pay isnt going to be much at all. Depending on how many dependants you have, many wont see more then 400 a week. The pay is very rough for the first few years especially since most wont ever see truck.

Old 07-06-2008, 05:33 PM

389 posts, read 514,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAPES24 View Post
For anybody going tomorrow that didn't get their NYCERS papers notarized, I am a notary and I am bringing my stamp just in case anybody needs.
You da man, Grapes!!! Looked up a dozen in Queens today with no luck.

Old 07-06-2008, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Great heads up there grapes i'm sure there will be quite a few who need it.

Old 07-06-2008, 05:52 PM

26 posts, read 32,518 times
Default Good Luck!

I just wanted to wish the Best of Luck to all of the guys staring tomorrow! Listen, Learn and be careful. Let us all know how things go during training. Those of us going in for the August class will most appreciate any helpful info and tips.

-Mike

Old 07-06-2008, 06:13 PM

I'm sure we are all going to be on here right after we pick-up our uniforms. lol I'm getting ready to hit the sack for an early wake-up. Make sure everyone sets their alam clocks!!!!

Old 07-06-2008, 07:53 PM

51 posts, read 68,965 times
Good luck to all you guys starting on Monday, I wish you all the best....Please keep the posts coming with any information at all that you guys think will be helpful to us guys starting in August, thanks.

Old 07-06-2008, 07:57 PM

502 posts, read 693,042 times
Quote:
Hey everyone......I'll probably get there very early tomorrow....With all the excitement here, I probably won't sleep.....lol....I'll be in the red Ford Taurus......Joe, I will probably use you for the notary, so thanks. Sleep well everyone, see you in the A.M.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City