Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2008, 03:53 PM

193 posts, read 393,980 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAPES24 View Post
I was going to get a pair of shorts but I was on the fence. I don't know if I would actually wear them.
My birthday is at the end of the month so I told my family to contribute to my uniform fund so maybe I will get them then
I was on the fench about wearing them tomorrow. He said somthing about black socks and I don't have any so I'm going to wear pants and save the shorts for on the tarmac at FBF.

Old 07-07-2008, 04:59 PM

289 posts, read 746,120 times
Default Good list number

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox0999 View Post
HI, i took the test for sanitation worker and my number is 2200 do u think i have a chance of getting hired?
YOU WILL BE CALLED GOOD LUCK

Old 07-07-2008, 05:00 PM

473 posts, read 932,148 times
I think he meant if you wore work shoes he said black socks but it didn't sound like any requirement. I think it was so we look more professional while in class.
Who knows.... It didn't even sound like there was a uniform requirement for us. Just show up in green and buy a 3-1 coat.

Old 07-07-2008, 05:10 PM

193 posts, read 393,980 times
Quote:
I think he meant if you wore work shoes he said black socks but it didn't sound like any requirement. I think it was so we look more professional while in class.
Who knows.... It didn't even sound like there was a uniform requirement for us. Just show up in green and buy a 3-1 coat.
I don't know but I'll wear long pants until i can get a clear read on it.

Old 07-07-2008, 05:19 PM

289 posts, read 746,120 times
Default The badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by chino_dsny View Post
Whats up everyone... just got home... we all raced to the uniform place n raced home lol... im guessin all of us who got our stuff from MACs will be posting first... wel its official I'm officially a sanman!!! It was a boring azz day tho.. not so much paperwork compared to talking n talking n talking n oh yeah more talking lol... the highlight was a Dr. (anthropologist) who came in n gave us the history of DSNY. (the only interesting presentation all day as far as im concerned). got our IDs no Shields yet. tomorrow union comes in to talk about benefits n take some more of our money... (dues im guessing) it was cool finally putting faces to most of the names on here. it will be easier to spot everyon else tomorrow when we r all in full uniform n everyone else is still in plain clothes... cant really think of much elseto say... im sure everyone else will add much much more... im off to catch up on some sleep with a nice nap... maybe i can get more than 30mins tongiht,i'm at ease now lol... c u all tomorrow.. n shout out to GRAPES!!! good stuff on the notarizing! lol thanks bro.. peace n garbage grease
HELLO CHINO AND OTHER NEW SANMEN
HEAD'S UP ABOUT THE "SHIELD "ON THE JOB, THEY CALL THEM BADGE'S SOME GUY'S ON THE JOB WILL BUST YOUR BA--S IF YOU SAY SHIELD , WHILE WE ARE TALKING ABOUT THE BADGE DO NOT PLAY COP WITH YOUR BADGE YOU WILL BE LOCKED UP AND FACE CHARGE'S WITH THE P.D. ON THE JOB NEW GUY'S WOULD GET FIRED WITH NO DEPT. TRIAL I'M SURE .OF COURSE IF YOU GET PULLED OVER IN YOUR CAR MAKE SURE THE COP CAN SEE YOUR BADGE ,IN YOUR WALLET, YOU MIGHT BEAT THE TICKET I BEAT A FEW IN MY 21 YEAR'S ON THE JOB.GOOD LUCK AGAIN GUY'S BE SAFE OUT IN THE FIELD.

Old 07-07-2008, 05:20 PM

163 posts, read 328,386 times
Quote:

Technicaly You as a sanman are required to wear black sock while in uniform, NOT WHITE or any other color. It's part of your uniform.

Old 07-07-2008, 05:27 PM

502 posts, read 1,009,091 times
I just woke up and forgot the 25 dollar money order, where I am going to get it now???????

Old 07-07-2008, 05:34 PM

502 posts, read 1,009,091 times
Quote:
I bought black socks at modells. The ones that breath for boots. Joe, if you don't mind, I need it done again tomorrow because of a mistake that I made.

Old 07-07-2008, 05:42 PM

1,809 posts, read 7,062,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salsan View Post
I just woke up and forgot the 25 dollar money order, where I am going to get it now???????
Aren't there any 24 hr check cashing places around where you live? They usually charge no more than a $1.00-$1.50 charge. They didn't say that you needed a US Postal money order right?

This is what Harry Nespoli(Union Boss) is going to say to you guys tomorrow.

"If you want to blow this job, shame on you! Don't blame mommy, the wife, the kids—you got to come to work."
He thumps the podium. "This is a home run, and you'll realize it if you lose it."

Old 07-07-2008, 06:44 PM

876 posts, read 2,142,234 times
Default black socks

You do not need black socks. Only superivors need black socks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City