U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-11-2008, 04:51 PM
 
Location: Queens, NY
473 posts, read 790,941 times
Reputation: 61

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipez View Post
I got my phone call today at 3:00pm I have to go to Final Processing on July 22 for the August 11 class .. All i have to bring is the residency paper within 60 days, CDL , Postal money order , 20 pg booklet , birth certificate.. Hopefully to see some people on here on the 22nd

SImike i tried to call your phone before it didnt go through ...
See you all there !


Anthony ...
Hey Anthony, Congrats, I first worked with your Mom, Then your Sis, and now you, See if your other bothers want to get on the job.

Good stuff, Good luck, make sure you bring whatever they ask for processing, you don't want to be sent home

 
Old 07-11-2008, 04:56 PM
 
Location: Queens
300 posts, read 565,087 times
Reputation: 28
Yea the guy from HR went over my file and made me write down whatever i needed to bring .. so i'll make sure i wont forget ..my brother works in NYPD...

Thanks Joe
 
Old 07-11-2008, 05:13 PM
 
71 posts, read 110,818 times
Reputation: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantastic10 View Post
I watched it last night,recorded it without the commercials. Mo Ragusa comes towards the end of the program. They are at FBF and he talks about the 7 secrets of sanitation.

In the begining that sanman who had stiches in his leg from getting cut from a broken wine bottle,he was out 5 months. Always carry the bags away from your legs.

On Monday when Robin Nagle spoke to you guys in class,did she mention anything about her new book? it was supposed to come out last year,think it was going to be called.."We all wear green".
Robin told us that she should be finishing the book by the end of this summer and that it will be available one year after that. She also said that she's working with the publisher to have it available for san workers at the same discount she gets; 40%.
 
Old 07-11-2008, 05:48 PM
 
Location: Brooklyn/ Staten island
128 posts, read 192,752 times
Reputation: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAPES24 View Post
Just watched the works (DVR) Very interesting stuff.

I joined the columbia association today and No I am not Columbian (a question I was actually asked by a fellow S/W) It is an Italian-American Organization. I really feel, and this is just my opinion, get involved with whatever you can. There is nothing wrong with meeting people. The one guy who joined with me happened to be my frat brother and he rememebered me from 10 years ago when he pledged and I was a brother.

Have a good weekend, see you guys monday.


 
Old 07-11-2008, 05:59 PM
 
Location: queens
136 posts, read 225,325 times
Reputation: 21
can anyone tell me the measurements of the badge? height and width, so i can buy a wallet that will fit it...thanx
 
Old 07-11-2008, 06:16 PM
 
Location: Neither here nor there
1,810 posts, read 5,914,363 times
Reputation: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by threebills View Post
Robin told us that she should be finishing the book by the end of this summer and that it will be available one year after that. She also said that she's working with the publisher to have it available for san workers at the same discount she gets; 40%.
Thanks threebills,can't wait for the book to come out. I want to learn as much as possible about being a sanman. Should be a great read.

TheKuai: The badges have an expiration date? why is that?
 
Old 07-11-2008, 06:16 PM
 
Location: Queens
389 posts, read 660,728 times
Reputation: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwoodz56 View Post
can anyone tell me the measurements of the badge? height and width, so i can buy a wallet that will fit it...thanx
The badge itself is like 2 1/8" by 2 1/8". The wallet Mac's sells is the Cobra 'CT-10 Shield and Double ID Wallet' with the Sanitation Cutout.
 
Old 07-11-2008, 06:17 PM
 
Location: Queens
389 posts, read 660,728 times
Reputation: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipez View Post
I got my phone call today at 3:00pm I have to go to Final Processing on July 22 for the August 11 class .. All i have to bring is the residency paper within 60 days, CDL , Postal money order , 20 pg booklet , birth certificate.. Hopefully to see some people on here on the 22nd

SImike i tried to call your phone before it didnt go through ...
See you all there !


Anthony ...
welcome aboard
 
Old 07-11-2008, 06:34 PM
 
Location: Queens, NY
473 posts, read 790,941 times
Reputation: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwoodz56 View Post
can anyone tell me the measurements of the badge? height and width, so i can buy a wallet that will fit it...thanx
The post I put in earlier links you to the website and it has all the info of the badge cut out on it.
 
Old 07-11-2008, 06:35 PM
 
Location: Queens, NY
473 posts, read 790,941 times
Reputation: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantastic10 View Post
Thanks threebills,can't wait for the book to come out. I want to learn as much as possible about being a sanman. Should be a great read.

TheKuai: The badges have an expiration date? why is that?
No the ID does and we got no explaination. I asked the question in class
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top