Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2008, 08:21 PM

88 posts, read 197,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balzac308 View Post
i got a call on my voicemail today but my phone didnt ring!!! just checked it now.... anyone know if HR is open on saturdays? and if so what time?
Congrats! what's your list #?

Old 07-11-2008, 08:53 PM

289 posts, read 746,090 times
Default Hr hrs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
MONDAY TO FRIDAY GOOD LUCK TO YOU............

Old 07-11-2008, 10:35 PM

26 posts, read 46,657 times
Default No call

I didn't receive a call today. I checked the vm on my cell phone and home phone and no messages or missed calls on either. I will have to call HR on Monday since Pipez got called and he is over 20 numbers higher than me.

Anthony - Congrats man!

Old 07-11-2008, 10:36 PM

22 posts, read 40,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
21X
I was called for the july class but I had a vacation booked with no insurance, the lady at HR was very helpful and basically skipped me and guaranteed my spot in august. (even though my stepdad who is retired FDNY urged me to take the july class... seniority and all.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RETIRED SANMAN View Post
MONDAY TO FRIDAY GOOD LUCK TO YOU............
thanks alot man, i am very excited.

Im gonna try and call tomorrow for the hell of it but im gonna set my alarm for very early on monday morning to make sure i call them first thing in the morning.

Thanks everyone in this thread, its been a great tool

Old 07-11-2008, 11:10 PM

21 posts, read 48,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanManHopeful View Post
Wilk, I could tell you what you want to hear but with #17xx, I really don't think you will be part of the Oct. class. They will probably get close to 700 for August. So even if they call 125 in October and used even a 5:1 ratio (calling 5 to get 1) that would only be another 625 added to the 700 or so called by August. You'll be hired sometime next year I suspect. Good luck to you.
Thanks SanMan. Your honesty is brutal but appreciated. I think this is one one of those where you can say that good things come to those who wait. Till then...hope the new guys are doing good on the job...and for us hopefulls...are time will come soon.
Everyone have a great weekend.

Old 07-11-2008, 11:36 PM

25 posts, read 61,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 606313X View Post
The badge itself is like 2 1/8" by 2 1/8". The wallet Mac's sells is the Cobra 'CT-10 Shield and Double ID Wallet' with the Sanitation Cutout.
ok i dunno if mac's gave me the wrong wallet but my badge didnt fit. cutout was too small. i was already using the wallet so i couldnt return it so i took a razor blade n ghetto rigged it. doesnt look tooo bad just a lil excess cutout towards the bottom. ill probably end up buying a new one later on.

Old 07-12-2008, 12:04 AM

9 posts, read 14,651 times
hey guys i was just wondering something. i am list #114*. if they were thinking about a sep/oct class wouldnt they be sending out letters out for orentation soon? didnt you guys get your letters in april?

Old 07-12-2008, 06:00 AM

1,809 posts, read 7,061,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dansanmanhopeful View Post
hey guys i was just wondering something. i am list #114*. if they were thinking about a sep/oct class wouldnt they be sending out letters out for orentation soon? didnt you guys get your letters in april?

Congrats Dan on having an excellent list #! First they have to get approval from the dept before sending out the orientation letters. In my opinion if there is an October class you will make it,reason being that there will be extra slots added from the people who dropped out during the 4 week of training from the first 2 classes. I was told that they add those slots to the last hiring class of the year.

Old 07-12-2008, 09:16 AM

193 posts, read 393,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantastic10 View Post
Congrats Dan on having an excellent list #! First they have to get approval from the dept before sending out the orientation letters. In my opinion if there is an October class you will make it,reason being that there will be extra slots added from the people who dropped out during the 4 week of training from the first 2 classes. I was told that they add those slots to the last hiring class of the year.
Don't what to rain on any perades, God knows the waiting is the worst part of it but, They said that they may, may have a class in Oct but he didn't sound to optermistic. I haope they do my brother can get in that but they didn't sound hopeful. PRAY!!

Old 07-12-2008, 09:31 AM

2 posts, read 3,955 times
Whats up guys? Ive Been following this thread for months now...figured Id sign up...Congrats to everybody called so far...my list # is 945 so hopefully there will be a 3rd class in October ...so i can "go green" =) lol i passed my cdl permit yesterday, and im gonna take lessons on my own to speed up the process..I got all my paperwork ready thanks to all ur informative posts...just wanna say thnx for that..im sure there are hundreds more reading that didnt sign up yet ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City