U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2008, 02:27 PM

193 posts, read 346,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 606313X View Post
Anybody in A or C group get any more information as to what's going on tomorrow in terms of us being filmed? The B group was told to wear the buttoned down shirts tomorrow and look all nice and neat (like we never do lol), just curious if Jeff or Phil upstairs told you guys anything else.
Jeff told us to wear the button down shirt also people from National Geographic where coming with a film crew. Not much else tho. We can always say we know MO!

Old 07-15-2008, 02:35 PM

289 posts, read 660,040 times
Default Vacation time

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe8 View Post
They told us no vacation this year. We have to accumulate it so when everyone else picks in January we will have some time to look at for vacation. But no vacation this year!
HELLO NEW SANITATION WORKER'S CALL THE UNION ABOUT THE VACATION TIME I BELIEVE YOU DO GET VACATION TIME HOW MUCH I COULD'NT TELL YOU .

Old 07-15-2008, 02:57 PM

51 posts, read 85,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKLYN_DSNY View Post
Looks like tomorrow is the last day right, if they do 25 a day. There is not a lot of room left in this August class were lucky if they get into the 500s let alone me in the 600s. This sucks...

P.S. Mikey your doing a great service with this list, thanks.
I don't think your right about the amount of room available for the August class, I think you definately have a shot. They are only in the low 400's, and there is no way they pulled 100 names from the list already.

They went to the low 300's to get the first 100 guys, so they should at least get into the low 600's for the August class, and hopefully they will reach your number...good luck.

Old 07-15-2008, 03:06 PM

131 posts, read 213,744 times
I called HR before to talk to them about whether or not I would be called for August and the guy said probably not. My number is 549. I am hoping maybe he was wrong but I guess we will see.

Old 07-15-2008, 03:30 PM

257 posts, read 444,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhc123 View Post
I called HR before to talk to them about whether or not I would be called for August and the guy said probably not. My number is 549. I am hoping maybe he was wrong but I guess we will see.
me and u are in the same boat man... hopefully they continue calling into the week... you cant go by what they tell you at HR cause they dont really kno themselves

Old 07-15-2008, 03:47 PM

300 posts, read 579,393 times
Guys please , please don't jump to conclussions... just be patient and see what the week brings... The last time they called all week , and its only tuesday so just try to relax and be patient !!! you guys all have great list #'s so if you do not make this class we all know that you'll make the next one when that time comes... As much as it may sound screwed up , thats how it is.. i felt the same way you guys did when Salsan and others made the first class and i just missed it .. lol

Old 07-15-2008, 04:12 PM

193 posts, read 346,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABE123 View Post
me and u are in the same boat man... hopefully they continue calling into the week... you cant go by what they tell you at HR cause they dont really kno themselves
Remember guys we even had guys drop from this class after they arrived so be patient(LOL) but they may even call to make up what they lost in this class? Waiting sucks but they say the job is worth it, hang in there.

Old 07-15-2008, 04:26 PM

82 posts, read 131,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vituccio13 View Post
nah theres no pass or fail they show you and then you have to do it for instance....forklift theres a small obstacle with cones and the forklift has the plow on it and you have to load it and unload it and drive backwards...you just gotta be careful.....then collections trucks theres another obstacle....with cones tight turns and everything before you hit the streets and you get to drive that obstacle on the right side too...we didnt get to the good stuff until next week F.E.L. and mechanical broom
so there are no repercussions for taking out cones or smashing into obstacles or any other possible ways of messing things up?....i might of heard otherwise,but i figure you guys there would know now firsthand what the deal is.

Old 07-15-2008, 04:29 PM

88 posts, read 177,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhc123 View Post
A driving school maybe. Ferrari got me a roadtest pretty quickly way back when I got my CDL. I think if anybody can do it they can. I dont remember exactly how long it took but they are worth a shot.
Thank you! Ferrari got me a test for Friday! Now I have to pass and hope I get called... but not until after friday.

I'm gonna go pray again...

Old 07-15-2008, 04:45 PM

655 posts, read 1,236,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RETIRED SANMAN View Post
HELLO NEW SANITATION WORKER'S CALL THE UNION ABOUT THE VACATION TIME I BELIEVE YOU DO GET VACATION TIME HOW MUCH I COULD'NT TELL YOU .
They say since we came on after the fiscal calendar date of 7-1-08 (we came on 7-7-08) that we won't be able to get any vacation for the remainder of the year. They say we get a full 18 days or something like that starting in January even though we haven't accrued it yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City